The reviews on Overstock.com are very accurate and I have learned that first hand. I ordered this chandelier for my dining room. When you first pull it out of the box, it looks incredibly cheap and flimsy, but when you put it together it is absolutely gorgeous. It looks very expensive, upscale and luxurious. HOWEVER, putting the light together was complete and utter torture. All of the reviews I read said that it would take about 2 hours to assemble the fixture (that does NOT include hanging the fixture). THEY WERE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT. The instructions are NOT user friendly whatsoever and the parts are NOT marked. You really have to go by the picture on the website to assemble this. I gave it 4 stars because assembly was just painstaking, but when it is assembled, it looks fantastic. The pain was SO WORTH IT!! This fixture is AWESOME, but don't go into this thinking that you will be done in 30 minutes. I will ALWAYS believe the reviews on here. They are incredibly accurate. BELIEVE THIS REVIEW. :-)
This is a beautiful chandelier. I bought it for my daughter. We put it over her slipper tub. Very elegant. As usual, when I checked around, we got a larger, prettier chandelier for less money at Overstock. I wanted real crystals, not plastic. I have to admit I am not sure they are real crystal, but I think they are. The only problem was extra crystals were supposed to be included for breakage. We had no breakage, but I was worried if we broke some in the future I wouldn't have extras. I called Overstock, but they said they couldn't get any extra for me.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
i had my husband remove our bedroom fan with attached light fixture, and install this wonderful Chandelier in its place...all i can say is "WOW"! what a difference in the whole appearance of the room. this piece instantly added such class, elegance and romance to the whole bedroom. my husband has this fixture controlled by a dimmer switch on the wall which is highly recommended to control the amount of light if you would like to create a certain mood and ambiance.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? pic doesn't do it justice
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality once the crystals are in place
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
I purchased 3 of these chandelier's for my 3 daughters bedrooms. They are perfect for that purpose. They are very elegent and they are even prettier in person. It did take my electrician 2 hours to put them together, but the end result was worth the effort.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. perfect
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect
I wasn't that thrilled with the chandelier when I first took it out of the box. It seemed cheap looking. It did take three adults two hours to assemble and hang the light. It was difficult to figure out where all the crystals went. I wasn't able to enlarge the photo so we try to work off the directions, which are a little confusing. Once it is up, It looks absolutely stunning in our bedroom. We put a medallion on the ceiling and the chandelier looks very impressive and expensive. It is a touch of elegance with being overboard. I love it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? could not enlarge the photo to see all the details
i bought this for my tween daughter's bedroom. aside from the time it takes to assemble i would highly recommend for a small room, hallway, or dressing area. it is so beautiful and the crystals shine and twinkle in the light. the only caveat is the assembly. you have to put all the crystals and chains on it and there are quite a lot and the instructions are lousy. we pulled up the photo on overstock and, even then, it was hard to figure what goes where. we finally just decided to add the crystals wherever they fit and looked good. we had some left over but it didn't matter. once it was up it is gorgeous!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good
Absolutely gorgeous!! Looks very expensive! I installed in my granddaughters princess room and it sparkles wonderfully!!! Great price too!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. wonderful
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exact
Can't find anything better for that price. Perfect for my girl's bedroom, very fancy. The little glasses that are attached to the frame are plastic. The rest are real glass thou not fine glass. The Crome part of the frame is very shinny ( too much for me maybe). But I definitely recommend it. It looks much expensive that what it is. It makes the room simply chic and girlly.
As other reviewers have touched on, assembly is easy at first but several of the other ornaments are not so self-explanatory... I ended up improvising, and who knows if what I ended up with is what the designer intended, but I absolutely love it. It hangs above my bed and adds an amazing touch of elegance and glamor to my tiny bedroom. Absolutely.... LOVE IT!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Upon assembly, it feels and looks somewhat cheap because you can tell it's glass, but once it's up on your ceiling and the lights are on, it looks AMAZING.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
I love this chandelier. I have 2 others I have purchased from OS and I have to say this one was the most difficult to assemble in terms of putting on the crystals. The manual is not very helpful. You have to figure it out. In the end, it is worth it.
So many pieces to put together. It took quite awhile and some frustrating moments, but the task is complete and I really like the light. A lot of bang for the buck ( just a little more time comsuming on assembly than I ever dreamed) All and all I am glad I bought it
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? the description was accurate except for the time involved with the assembly of this light.
Looks amazing in our large, round foyer and hung it over a small round table in the middle of the room. Takes a lot of time to add crystals once the light is hung but that's normal w/ any gorgeous lighting and to be expected. I never did figure out how the row of crystals are to be hung on the top section so did what I came up w/ but it's not right/even, hmmm. Still am completely happy w/ this gorgeous light.
I put this in my daughter's room and it is so pretty!! As others have stated, putting it together was tedious. I'm not sure if I put it together like the one in the picture, but I have a lot of crystal left over. I pretty much just put what I thought looked good and it came out beautifully. I love this chandelier so much!!!
Purchased for nursery. Had read reviews before purchasing and agree with others that when you first take if out of the box it looks cheap, however once it is put together (which took my several hours) it is exactly what I had hoped for. Love it!