The reviews on Overstock.com are very accurate and I have learned that first hand. I ordered this chandelier for my dining room. When you first pull it out of the box, it looks incredibly cheap and flimsy, but when you put it together it is absolutely gorgeous. It looks very expensive, upscale and luxurious. HOWEVER, putting the light together was complete and utter torture. All of the reviews I read said that it would take about 2 hours to assemble the fixture (that does NOT include hanging the fixture). THEY WERE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT. The instructions are NOT user friendly whatsoever and the parts are NOT marked. You really have to go by the picture on the website to assemble this. I gave it 4 stars because assembly was just painstaking, but when it is assembled, it looks fantastic. The pain was SO WORTH IT!! This fixture is AWESOME, but don't go into this thinking that you will be done in 30 minutes. I will ALWAYS believe the reviews on here. They are incredibly accurate. BELIEVE THIS REVIEW. :-)
This is a beautiful chandelier. I bought it for my daughter. We put it over her slipper tub. Very elegant. As usual, when I checked around, we got a larger, prettier chandelier for less money at Overstock. I wanted real crystals, not plastic. I have to admit I am not sure they are real crystal, but I think they are. The only problem was extra crystals were supposed to be included for breakage. We had no breakage, but I was worried if we broke some in the future I wouldn't have extras. I called Overstock, but they said they couldn't get any extra for me.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
i had my husband remove our bedroom fan with attached light fixture, and install this wonderful Chandelier in its place...all i can say is "WOW"! what a difference in the whole appearance of the room. this piece instantly added such class, elegance and romance to the whole bedroom. my husband has this fixture controlled by a dimmer switch on the wall which is highly recommended to control the amount of light if you would like to create a certain mood and ambiance.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? pic doesn't do it justice
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality once the crystals are in place
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
I purchased 3 of these chandelier's for my 3 daughters bedrooms. They are perfect for that purpose. They are very elegent and they are even prettier in person. It did take my electrician 2 hours to put them together, but the end result was worth the effort.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. perfect
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect
I wasn't that thrilled with the chandelier when I first took it out of the box. It seemed cheap looking. It did take three adults two hours to assemble and hang the light. It was difficult to figure out where all the crystals went. I wasn't able to enlarge the photo so we try to work off the directions, which are a little confusing. Once it is up, It looks absolutely stunning in our bedroom. We put a medallion on the ceiling and the chandelier looks very impressive and expensive. It is a touch of elegance with being overboard. I love it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? could not enlarge the photo to see all the details
i bought this for my tween daughter's bedroom. aside from the time it takes to assemble i would highly recommend for a small room, hallway, or dressing area. it is so beautiful and the crystals shine and twinkle in the light. the only caveat is the assembly. you have to put all the crystals and chains on it and there are quite a lot and the instructions are lousy. we pulled up the photo on overstock and, even then, it was hard to figure what goes where. we finally just decided to add the crystals wherever they fit and looked good. we had some left over but it didn't matter. once it was up it is gorgeous!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good
Absolutely gorgeous!! Looks very expensive! I installed in my granddaughters princess room and it sparkles wonderfully!!! Great price too!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. wonderful
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exact
Can't find anything better for that price. Perfect for my girl's bedroom, very fancy. The little glasses that are attached to the frame are plastic. The rest are real glass thou not fine glass. The Crome part of the frame is very shinny ( too much for me maybe). But I definitely recommend it. It looks much expensive that what it is. It makes the room simply chic and girlly.
As other reviewers have touched on, assembly is easy at first but several of the other ornaments are not so self-explanatory... I ended up improvising, and who knows if what I ended up with is what the designer intended, but I absolutely love it. It hangs above my bed and adds an amazing touch of elegance and glamor to my tiny bedroom. Absolutely.... LOVE IT!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Upon assembly, it feels and looks somewhat cheap because you can tell it's glass, but once it's up on your ceiling and the lights are on, it looks AMAZING.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
I love this chandelier. I have 2 others I have purchased from OS and I have to say this one was the most difficult to assemble in terms of putting on the crystals. The manual is not very helpful. You have to figure it out. In the end, it is worth it.
So many pieces to put together. It took quite awhile and some frustrating moments, but the task is complete and I really like the light. A lot of bang for the buck ( just a little more time comsuming on assembly than I ever dreamed) All and all I am glad I bought it
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? the description was accurate except for the time involved with the assembly of this light.
I purchased this for my daughter's nursery before she was born. I read countless reviews, and finally decided on this chandelier. I was nervous about putting it together, but surprisingly it wasn't that bad. It was time consuming (about two hours) but I didn't find it difficult. The instructions are not that helpful - I ended up laying out all the pieces and putting it together based on the photos. It looks amazing in her room, I am very happy with this product.
this is a very nice little chandelier. I bought one about a year ago and recently purchased the second one. it looks great in my entry foyer and also in my dressing area. it is a beast to put together so plan on setting aside a several hours to get it done, but well worth the result when you see it hanging.
Yep, def the consuming putting the crystals together. The 'instructions' aren't that helpful. Husband and I followed about 90% of the pic guide and did our own design to finishing off. The piece looks beautiful in our daughter's room. Remember, you're paying an affordable price because you are pretty much setting this up yourself.
I am giving it 4 stars because the electrician has not yet installed it, but from my first impression it is a beautiful little crystal chandelier. I bought this for my daughter's room and another one for the baby's nursery, and it is exactly what I had envisioned for those rooms. The size is perfect for a bedroom or fancy closet/bathroom, and the crystals and chrome really pop. As everyone else has mentioned, putting this together was a total pain. The instructions are awful and not helpful in the least. I tried to use the instructions as much as possible along with the picture online, and I'm still not sure if everything is where it is supposed to go, but it looks beautiful and you could never tell if there was something in the incorrect place. The only helpful thing about the packaging was that it came with a bag labeled "spare parts"... which was very much needed because some of the crystals were missing the little wire rings to attach them. So aside from the 2.5 hours it takes to put it together, I am very happy with the fixture!