I ordered this light fixture for my son's nursery. After reading some of the other reviews, I figured I'd give it a shot. WRONG. After the light was installed, you couldn't see the top rounded crystal fixtures above the shade that you see so clearly in the picture. This was not a huge deal breaker for me, as the fixture itself was still pretty enough to look at it. My issue came with the fact that there is no disk/cover to install at the base of the shade. Because of this, every time you look at the fixture, all you see are all 3 light bulbs inside the shade! I could understand seeing the light bulbs when you're standing directly under (or very near) to the fixture. However, I would stand a good 4-5ft away and the first thing my eye would see was the inner light bulbs. If they had a disk/cover, I would've kept the fixture because I thought the price/style were good. I wish Overstock would let you post pictures!
I've been looking for a lamp for my master closet for a while and this one looked exactly like one I saw on a designer website. When it came I was very pleased with the quality. I didn't care if the shade was bright white or off white but the description was confusing since it said it was off-white and the photo showed it as bright white. Turned out that it's bright white when off but off-white when it's turned on. (Color cast from lightbulbs)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The shade is white but once the light bulbs go on it turns it beige in tone. Does not look bright white when lighted.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nice quality!
I like the light (for the most part). I will say that (as another reviewer mentioned) you can't really see the crystal "balls" at the top of the light unless you are standing at least 7-10 feet away from the light. They probably should have had it dropped down a little lower so that you could easily see the crystal balls but I guess the whole point of the light is that it's semi flush mounted, not hanging down. I used this light in my foyer area and it looks nice. The directions aren't great but my brother and I were able to figure it out on our own after trying it a few different ways. When you feed the wires through the metal rod, it's a tight fit! The only other thing that I would change is the little brackets that hold the opaque plastic plate on to the bottom (not shown in the pictures). They look cheap and remind me of the brackets for a paper lantern which sort of throws off the look of the crystal balls, etc. I like the light and wouldn't return it I just wish the brackets were a higher quality (maybe in chrome, to match the rest of the light) and that you could see the crystal balls from closer up. Thanks!
I purchased this light for my entryway because we have a relatively low ceiling so a chandelier wouldn't work. The height is great because we can still open the door without any issues. I really like the chrome part of the light and the crystal decorations look great from our staircase where you can see the top part of the light fixture. I'm not all that wild about the bottom part of the light which was difficult to see from the pictures. It's a translucent plastic-type material. Perhaps it will grow on me over time. Even with this plastic portion I'm still satisfied that this was good value and a good fixture for our entryway.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Average
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
my husband hates this light. the instructions were horrible and it had parts that were not referenced on the instructions. It was not good and it is something I would not recommend. too bad because it looks nice on the photo. Also, nothing was securing the ball section in the middle so he had to add approx. 8 washers so that the structure was rigid so he could hang them.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the shade is more cream than white and is a woven fabric. There a seam on one side so adjust so the seam is in a less visible area of the room
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. poor. The parts were bent and/or scratched. The crystal was dirty on the inside of the ball (inside the glass/resin) so there was no way to clean it. Part of the shade seemed dirty. The underneath plastic disc was all scratched
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? pretty accurate I guess, it just would have been nice if it was in good shape and not all bent out of shap
You can't really see the nice detail on top of the shade when it is mounted. So basically just looks like a regular light with a shade. Is fine, functional but not as great as I expected
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
I needed a chandelier to finish off the guest room we'd just finished. The ceiling is low so didn't want something that hung too low but wanted a nice profile and this chandelier fit the bill. It really looks nice.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? prefect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Beyond my expectations
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Dead on
You can't really see the beautiful glass ball when you put it in the ceiling so it is a waste to have it there. It's not a bad deal but I ended putting it in a small office as it didn't look good in a larger room
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. it was ok quality. not top notch but ok
For less than $*** it's a great buy. Love the diffuser. It really makes a difference in a bedroom - (no bright glaring lights in your eyes while lying in bed. Only downside is that it installs so near the ceiling, unless you're over 6' tall you don't see the decorative acrylic ball.
Three stars because it is a pretty fixture and bright. Other reviewers are correct, you cannot see the crystal drop down unless you are several feet away, not that big of a deal to me as you can see it while approaching the room. The directions are not very explanatory, mostly diagram drawings that are not that clear either as to where to place all of the hardware that came in the bag. The opening to insert the wires through is very slim, but manageable if you push all three wires in together versus pulling them through. I am pleased with it after installation.
Impressed with this light! Great value, provides plenty of light for a good size room! Can use in bedroom, kitchen, office, living room, I have in main entrance, had 60W bulbs in, actually too much light! Replaced with 40w, perfect lighting, easy install, detailing on the diffuser works!
We bought 3 of these to replace outdated flush mount fixtures in a long hallway. They look great--installation was fairly easy, and they give off a nice amount of light. Since they are down a long hallway, unlike the other reviewers, we are able to see the crystal ball at the top as you look down the hall. The only complaint I have (and the reason for only 4 stars) is that one of the lampshades came dented. Since my husband put them up while I was out, and had broken down the boxes, I did not want to go through the hassle of repacking and returning. But other than that, I would recommend to anyone looking for a contemporary, affordable fixture.
finally installed this light. reading other reviews and I understand all the different things people are saying........but it's still such a nice looking fixture and really a good scale as well. I'm using this for my very small hallway. You do see the crystal ball but you have to standing in the living room to see it. I do have some wobbliness as well, I'll have my contractor look at it.