You will NOT like the bottom plastic diffuser. It is covered in some sort of paper brown material and has ragged edges and totally cheapens the whole chandelier. Good points are, nice yellowish glow from the shade, lovely glass globes give it a contemporary look. I ordered a different diffuser online.
I read the reveiws and didn't take them to heart but once we received the product one of the glass crystals was chipped (that's ok we turned it upside down and it's unnoticable.) That's not the issue. The plate you put on the bottom is YELLOW and has a huge scratch running through it, it's like you need to peel off the film to make it clear but there is no film to peel off it's just an ugly yellow shade. TAKE PRECAUTION when hanging and use gloves as the shade is VERY WHITE and any dirt will stain. I just can't get over the yellow bottom shade and can't figure it out. The price is right so I will live with it after rmy husband spent 3 hours hanging it but not for the long term.
This was a little challenging to instal, about an hour, but looks great! The only cons are the seam, it is very noticeable when the light is on, and that it could not be flush mounted. Atleast we could not figure out how to do it. There were no issues with the shade or color, it was flawless. I think it looks really nice, especially for the price!
I love this chandelier. It has a great retro feel and looks fantastic in my living room. I read the other reviews before I purchased the lamp and they were spot on. The material is a bit crappy but once hung it does not look cheap at all.
I returned it. It looked good in the picture online but should have believed the bad reviews. It IS very yellow looking when it's lit up. Also the seam is fairly big and shows. If they could just replace the shade, the rest of it looked OK. oh yea and the plastic bottom looked cheap and stayed white when lit so looked extra cheap against the yellowish shade.. just bad...
We own the Quoizel matching lights and we're looking for a more cost effecitve light. Side by side, there is no way to tell which brand the light is. All in all, very happy with the purchase except for the lamp shade. Once installed and turned on at night, the shade has stains and looks terrible. Contacted Overstock and they are sending a replacement shade. That's why we buy from Overstock!
The light is being used for over a king size bed in bedroom and looks vey smart in the room. along with the matching light on bed side table. My husband said the installation of this light he found to be the most unusual he has ever installed.(And) he has installed many! So first time installers of light fixture may need help or extra time and patience.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color match is spot on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Average to good quality for the finsh of hardware. Shade is good color and holding up.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? description is correct
If you are looking for something of extreme high quality...I would look elsewhere. However, it does the job for a breakfast nook or guest room. The "crystal base" is really nice. However, the shade and platic part that covers the bulbs from exposure (the under part) are quite cheap. I was not looking for anything fancy, so I am happy with my purchase. The delivery was 5 days late.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Everything but the shade and bulb protector was good
I bought 2 chandeliers and am so happy with my purchase. Looks beautiful and high end.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact Match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
Very nice light. It is kinda hard to put togetherby yourself and hang it. But its a great light. Love it
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good
I would have to think twice due to complexity of the asembly, we tried to get it going but it was not working, so got an electician to get it fixed, it took him over an hour to connect it.. time consuming for assembly and the acutal attaching to the wall... it is pretty heavy with the Chain, the chain is long and not very easy to adjust.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color matches
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the chain was pretty long, it was difficult to cut it down
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? pretty good
Bought this light based on all the great reviews on it. I noticed that some of the reviews stated that the shade was a darker shade of cream than the description says on the website, but I found that even those descriptions weren't close. The shade is a nice ivory/creamy color when the lights are off, but turn the lights on and the shade is a not so pretty muddy yellowish color. I personally think that the coloring of the shade when the lights are on makes the whole light look kind of cheap. I would return it, but I've obviously already installed it. I changed out the types of bulbs in the light to see if that would make a difference, but it didn't. Guess I will try to sell it so I don't get stuck with it. Other than that, the overall quality/design of this light is pretty good. As I mentioned in the quality section, there were a couple nicks in it, but they were on an area that wasn't really visible so I wasn't worried about it. It is definitely a light that could be used in either a more modern setting or a more traditional one. The light was also fairly easy to install as opposed to many of the other overstock lights that I've purchased. Overall, if you are particular about what color your light shade is, beware of this one.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? when the light is off-somewhat, but turn the lights on and it looks entirely different
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. price must be considered when talking about the quality of overstock's lights. For what you are paying, it isn't bad but typically there are small nicks and dings somewhere on the lights.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? somewhat but beware because the shade looks totally different with the lights on.
I do not recommend this lamp. Aesthetically this lamp does not look good installed. There is no way to remove the chain to install it flush to the ceiling. It looks very weird then installed in average height rooms because there is a chain showing between the part that covers the electrical and the disk at the end of the chain.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Correct
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Not bad
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description is correct