We purchased a 1939 bungalow about 6 weeks ago. Now, this isn't our first time in a house this old or this "tight" (no storage), so we knew going in that finding enough storage space was going to be a challenge. So, considering the size of the bathroom, we put finding a space saver pretty much at the top of our "to do" list. We looked ALL over the internet at various and assorted online stores, read all the reviews, studied the construction (such as can be done on a screen), and got the choices down to 3. Chose this one from overstock.com for a few reasons: (1) $2.95 shipping; (2) the unit DIDN'T have glass doors (something else to keep clean, plus you have to have "pretty" stuff behind them, and we needed storage for stuff, not storage for pretty stuff); (3) the design of the legs came closer to matching those on our sink cabinet than the other 2 choices; and (4) again, the $2.95 shipping. Took my husband about 3 hours to put the piece together (he's slow and very methodical), and although he complained about the directions, he didn't complain THAT much and did manage to do a nice job. We don't have any kids or grandkids around the house, but we still had to secure the unit to the wall with molly bolts simply because of the "unevenness" of the tile floor and the "unsteadiness" of the piece, and this bungalow has plaster walls, so that was a fun little chore. But it was worth the time and trouble. So, all in all, if we could, we'd give this a 4.5 star rating; not quite a 5, but pretty damn close.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not quite as dark as I'd hoped for, but okay.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Considering this was made outside the USA, not bad.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
This is worth about $40 less than I paid but it gets the job done.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Right on.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good.
As space savers go, this one had excellent directions and i put it together myself in less than 30 minutes. All holes lined up and doors when on evenly (my biggest fear). Looks nice in our bathroom and offers great storage. Was a little pricier than I would have hoped for but the free shipping made up for that.
Poor quality, top cabinet too heavy for the base legs of the item. Wood split on the base where adjoining to the cabinet section. Will not send back, too much trouble for return. Top section while be a stand alone cabinet on top of a similar color & style floor cabinet
First of all let me say that I was aware of the design limitations and still decided to buy this item as I wasn't willing to spend more than $100 for a 1-2 year solution. The assembly is easy, the design though is flawed as 1. the material used is cheap and 2. There isn't enough support for the compartment which clearly makes the closet top heavy. The first flaw comes with the price, but I expect designer to take care of the second problem. You can fasten it to the wall, but I didn't want to do it as I am living in an apartment and don't want leasing office to charge e for repainting the wall.
Took longer just to get pieces out of box. Fairly easy installation, nice quality, plenty of storage. The only thing is the bottom cross piece I could not attach as it wouldn't fit behind toilet with that piece attached. Other than that very pleased.
This space saver was a good buy, l use it in the spare bathroom. lt was easy to put together, the pieces all fit and it fit over the toilet with room to spare. lt is just enough space for the extra towels etc, lt has a nice color to it, would buy it again.
Assembled it, and placed it behind the commode. I didn't feel the cabinet cleared the toilet tank enough & was worried someone would hit their head on it. I made risers and placed below the legs. The extra 4" made the cabinet tall enough.
Great cabinet for a small bathroom. Matches the cooresponding floor cabinet very well. Problem is that the veneer is very cheap and in a high moisture environment, it started to chip away almost immediately. For a rental apartment and for the price, I don't mind, but this isn't anything I would buy for a nice home.
It's very shaky, and needs to be attached to the wall to be stable. Also, it is VERY low. Our toilet flushes from the top and you could barely put your hand under it to flush the toilet. We bought dowels from a hardware store, stained them dark, and raised it about 8 inches to make it work for us. Otherwise, it looks really nice and the doors open/close well.
I am pleased with this purchase. I was not there when my husband put it together so I can not speak about the ease of assembly. It's well made and looks nice. The measurments are listed, but hey, I'm a woman! It was shorter than I expected
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Nice dark expresso color - as I expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It's well made and looks nice in my bathroom. You can't beat it for the price!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate description and picture.
The only problem I had was how complicated it was to put together. I'm very grateful that my boyfriend was over to help assemble the unit. It definitely is a 2 person job.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was perfect and matched the other cabinets in my tiny bathroom.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Some of the pieces were chipped but fortunately they were not in the front.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Right on.
I am so pleased with this product. It looks so nice in my newly redecorated bathroom. My 16 year old son put it together very easily. The quality and color are exactly what I hoped it would be.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly what I expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nice quality, doesn't look or feel cheap at all
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I bought this for a small bathroom that didn't have any storage. The size is perfect and I love the fact that the doors hide everything. It took me about an hour and a half to put together and I was expecting horrid directions. The directions weren't that bad compared to some other ones I've seen. Highly recommend bolting to the wall for added stability. The color, design and quality are very good for the price.
I think this is a great space saver for small bathrooms. It fit perfectly over our toilet and assembled quickly after I deciphered the horrible instructions and they are horrible. But it is very attractive and looks great in the bathroom.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfectly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate