This buffet table is so nice! It is just as pictured and is very sturdy. It does take a few hours to put together but is well worth it. I'm very happy with this purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality, very sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
We were very happy to get this buffet for the price. It is great quality and cost less than half the price of the pieces in local furniture shops. Assembly took around 2 hours, but the directions were good. This buffet has great storage capacity and the drawers roll nicely on tracks. We were even able to take the wine rack out to make room to store and display my large stand mixer. The only complaint is a few of the stickers that were used to label the parts did not come off cleanly. Again, great price and quality. We are very happy with this piece.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was hard to tell what the top shade of wood was online, however I was happy with the medium wood color.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Impressed for an assembly required piece. Quite heavy 100+ pounds
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I fell in love with the picture of this piece. It was exactly the "look" that I wanted, even though I had promised myself that I wasn't going to buy anything new. The review were pretty glowing, however, and the price was right, so I jumped. This is a good, solid piece of furniture, but don't be misled - it's no heirloom. Most of it is a wood composite (I had no idea what "rubber wood" meant). I have gotten many compliments on it. As far as putting it together, I did it myself, and it took me about two hours. The only trouble I had was with the strips that go on the bottom where the doors are meant to rest against. I put them on backwards; they have a "lip" on them, and the picture does not show which way the lip should face, and being unfamiliar with cabinetry, I guessed wrong. Make sure you put the lip facing OUT, not IN. This way, the doors fit inside the frame and rest against the bottom lip. I will NOT be taking this apart to turn them around. I plan to gently cut them out and turn them around, glue them into place and put a small L-bracket behind them. WHEW! Other than that Im pretty happy with it. It is a striking piece.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good representation
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality, not as impressive as some of the reviews led me to believe.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate description.
We have this buffet in our kitchen, which is an all white kitchen; table, chairs, etc., and is a beautiful addition that we receive a lot of compliments on. We had a problem with the hinges not working correctly and the top panel was damaged in shipping, but customer service immediately shipped us new replacement pieces.
Quality of the wood was better than expected, the painting is slightly grainy on one bit but for the price we paid we are not complaining! The item looks great in our new kitchen, giving us more counter space and a nice display cabinet for wine. Easy to put together and took no time at all. Was up and looking good within a few hours. Apart from the drawers as the runners were missing. We didn't have the problem with sticker showing and having been painted on top of, so Overstock must have responded to the feedback! No labels are on show so looks great! Very happy with the product especially for the price we paid!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate and as expected. Nice honey coloured top.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Generally very good - we were missing the runners in the package and when we contacted Overstock we were unfortunatley told that as we were international customers they couldn't send us the pieces required but refunded us a small amount to cover the cost of us getting replacement parts ourselves. Not ideal but not a fault with the item, more an accidental on the packing staff's part!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? On site description very accurate
This product looks better assembled than a past Ikea piece. Quality is good. When assembling you have to pay close attention to put the pieces facing correctly. Its a little taller than i expected but it has a ton of space - love all the drawer storage.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
We've had the buffet for two months and actually bought it to serve as more of an entertainment center with the Tv on top and dvd player/sound system in one of the cupboards. We are able to use the other cupboard and drawers for remotes and misc storage which we love and decided to leave out the wine rack portion so that I could place a medium sized basket in the spot to hold throw blankets or the kids toys. For an item that you have to assemble yourself the directions were very clear and the finished product is very sturdy and looks as though it came that way. The only concern was that the heavy bottom portion didn't seem to have as strong of hardware to attach it as the rest of the piece, but we'll only reallly know if it is a problem when we decide to move it someday. If it is a problem it could be fixed easily by screwing in your own stronger screws, not a deal breaker at all. I love, love this piece: it is exactly what I'd been searching for for a long time and compared to other higher end comparables is just as good quality for a very reasonable price! Also, when ours arrived one of the legs had a big chunk out of it, but Overstock customer service was fast and easy to deal with and sent out 4 new legs, even though only one was a problem. The piece itself shipped out very quickly as well.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? true. it is a slightly creamy, bright white with a honey colored wood top.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very impressed. Heavy, solid wood. Thoughtfully constructed and very sturdy.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate description
I loved this buffet the minute I saw the picture and it does not disappoint in person. I ordered it to coordinate with our square pub height dining table in the same color scheme, white legs and wood top. It looks like they were ordered as a set, they match so well. I love the size, it is not too big for the room, which was important since our dining room isn't huge. The cubbies for wine storage are great for storing rolled up cloth napkins, decorative wine sleeves, and the occasional base even. I experiment with different items in those to give some color and whimsy. Works great for parties, with the two drawers holding silverware and plates so that the entire surface can be for food and beverages. Looks like it cost twice as much as it did. So pleased with this purchase.
I got this buffet almost a year ago, and I love it! It took neatly the whole day to assemble by myself, and there were some parts that I had to take apart and start over because the assembly directions were not clear, but it was worth it. Very sturdy and heavy, and for a piece with "assembly required" it looks like it came from a furniture store showroom. I left the wine rack out so that I could use the open space to store my kitchen aid mixer, and it looks great in itS little home. I would advise great scrutiny during assembly, as the directions are definitely not the most specific, but I would definitely recommend this buffet.
Love my buffet. It arrived a day or so earlier than said. There ware no damages, it was packaged just right. The color was what I ordered. It was labeled correctly, and my boyfriend had no trouble putting it together. (Even if you don't want to read the instructions) it was still easy to put together. It is very sturdy. Looks great in my dining room. I love it.
I write this review from the perspective of someone who did not assemble it. It took my boyfriend about 5 hours to put together, though he was in the middle of other non-assembly related tasks. From what I understand it came together fairly easily, though some pieces were put on backwards and had to be taken off. Other than that it is a really nice piece for the price. And I think we will be enjoying for many years to come. I would recommend to friends or family.
Came in 4 large boxes, instructions were a little lacking, but with some common sense and a drill it took about 45 min to put together. Wine rack is nice feature but took out and will make my own, provided holes are for magnum bottles and waste alot of space. Will cut it in half and make the top a glass rack
We wanted something for under our mounted 60" TV. This looks great! You can use it with or without the legs (we chose with). We left out the wine rack, drilled a hole, and that's where our electronics go. LOTS of storage. It took my hubby 2-3 hours to put together while watching the World Cup. It was easy, just a lot of parts. I recommend making sure your drill is all charged up ;)
Pros: Looks beautiful, good price Cons: Gaps in-between the doors on the sides, top of buffet is just a flat piece of wood. I've been looking for something to match my white and cherry top dining table found at a thrift store and this worked perfectly. Just a few cons that I can live with. Something that will last me at least 10 years or so. Looks great in my dining room and that's all that matters, right? :)
I. LOVE this buffet. It is a heavy piece of furniture, very sturdy. But it took awhile to put together, and I planned on leaving out the wine holder, good thing because some pieces were missing for that part!!!! All in all, I LOVE this buffet!!!!
I looked at quite a few pieces on many sites, but I kept coming back to this one. I'm so glad I did. It's just the size I wanted and the storage is great. It's not an heirloom, but I'm going to enjoy it for years to come.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The cabinet is nice and sturdy. Looks great!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It was exactly what I expected.