I saw a similar item on sale at Target for almost twice the price. It also said it was constructed of "hardwoods," and wonder if it really is. The hutch/buffet is a perfect size for my little dining room, and is ideal for storing my china and silverware. The product was a little hard to put together, and I had to enlist the help of my son to hold the sides while I set the screws in the bracers, but it looks good and I am satisfied with how it turned out.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Pretty comparable
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I had thought the product was solid wood, but much of it is veneer on fiberboard. Also, there are some odd patterns on the stain (looks like someone laid something on the wood and didn't wipe the pattern off), but it is on the side I don't look at much, so I am not too upset. Also, the drawer and door hardware is good quality and solid, so I don't have many complaints.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fairly accurate. It is misleading that the item is constructed of "hardwoods," since as I said, some of it is veneer on fiberboard.
Very pleased with my new hutch. Arrived in 3 boxes, no damage, all parts and pieces were there. My husband and I assembled in about 6hours,including breaks. Only had two minor problems, we put a couple of pieces in backwards, but easy fixed. Very good quality, I would definitely recommend.
I was very happy with this hutch. Color was darker than expected but it works. Went together fairly easy and all parts were marked. However, the top was marred but Overstock is replacing it. This size was perfect for my dining room.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Darker than expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent
We're satisfied with it. Assembly instructions could have been better. We got the buffet 90% finished then realized we had a piece backwards. The qualty is good, sturdy. The hutch cabinets are tough to open (strong magnet and on the opposite end as the pull). The cabinets and drawers also don't sit perfectly level (left lower/higher than the right). But we're satisfied. It fits our microwave as we wanted.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was more reddish than in the picture.
Took a chance & glad I did! Solid wood, very heavy! It was missing some screw plugs, I emailed customer service & got a response the next day. By end of day the missing parts were in the mail! Love the finished product! Note-if you're not good with assembly work, let someone who is put it together! I tried & failed, but hubby had it together with no troubles & in no time.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was perfect