I would not recommend this product to anyone due to the poor quality of manufacturing. Overstocks was fabulous in terms of sending a replacement piece quickly due to the quality, along with damages sustained via shipper. But the replacement piece had many flaws and the friends who I was paying to put it together had to improvise several times just to complete the assembly, which included trading out parts with the original delivered piece in order to finish the job.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Warped panels, dowels that don't match or fit into the connecting holes, finish stain of poor quality with many mars, scratches, and uneven converage.; doors hang crooked with hinges misaligned; keyboard tray is too shallow for my ergonomic keyboard and several connections between cams could not be made so the top of the base is not secured to the bottom.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate except for overall manufacturing quality; the leg room under the keyboard tray is sparse.
I ordered this desk based on the size given in the description, which was 61.75 inches. In reality, this product is 70 inches! That 8 inch difference is critical in the way this desk functions in my room. I will now have to spend another $200 to fix the problem, so that my computer cords are appropriately protected from my dog and two cats. There is no way I could have put this together myself, so I had to hire a carpenter to do it for me. He's still finishing the job and this is becoming a very expensive economy desk! Other than that, the desk is nice to look at and I'm hoping it will be functional when it's all finished.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Missing screw holes and pegs - need a carpenter to correct issues
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Inaccurate size description
This cabinet looks great once finished. The assembly however is a pain in the @$$. It took me about 8 hours to put it together by myself. The instructions are fairly clear to follow, but the two back panels of the hutch were too long and I had to saw them to fit correctly. Several of the predrilled holes did not line up either. I couldn't have finished it without a drill - a phillips head screw driver wouldn't have been enough. Finally, one of the doors is warped and will not shut all the way. I am currently waiting to get a replacement. For the money this cabinet is nice but the assembly should not be so difficult.
My husband and I had no trouble putting this together. It took a total of 3 hours to do both pieces. It is very solid, perfect for the space I wanted and is very comfortable to sit at when using the computer. It did have a couple of tiny scratches and I used a wood fuller pen to touch up. People who see it can not believe it was a put it together yourself project. Great price for this item.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Looks like solid expense piece not at all like it was do it yourself.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate description.
This is a very nice computer armoire. However, it is difficult to assemble and not all of the pieces fit well together. The drawer slides don"t work very smoothly either. All in all, it is a nice looking piece of furniture for the price.
It is a very nice sturdy pieve of furniture, however requires extra work while outting it together. The predrilled holes do not line up . I had to improvise on a few pieces, you cannot see that I did. The cam locks do not fit correctly so I improvised on a couple of them. It is rather easy to put together, would be much better if the pieces fit together properly without having to takethe time to fix the mistakes the warehouse made. I would recommend buying something that's already together unless you are capable of improvising this piece.