I love this concept. I have a dark corner in my living room and truly I hate corners. I just about gave up until I saw this pin up plug in sconce. I thought the corner could have always used a sconce for lighting but I didn't want to go thru the hassle of hardwiring a sconce, plus I had just painted the living room. I saw this sconce and decided to order it, it was a great price, plus overstocked is great about returns or any issues I shop on this site quite a bit. It arrived the other day and I assembled it...super easy and hung it in that dreaded corner...Wow what a difference...I love it. It illuminates the corner as well as a decoration. So glad I bought it.
I cannot review this product since it is used. It has obviously been hung on someone's wall. It' shirty. A metal piece is bent and I'm not sure all the pieces are there. I contacted Overstock.com but there was no way to get an answer. This was so obviously a returned item that the lamp box was put into a bigger, Overstock box to hide the mess of the returned box. Overstock you blew it. It' sin expensive but I paid for new not damaged.
Glass would not fit properly in the frame. Tried to bend the frame but that was not the answer. Just poor workmanship on the product.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
It worked for my space, just as described and decent quality.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
The title says it all. Needed a lamp for a corner behind our sectional where there was absolutely no floor space for a standing lamp. This lamp fit the bill perfectly. It was exactly what we needed. Despite the fact that the description states you can only use a 40 watt bulb, which honestly does not produce the amount of light we wanted for the space, we just ended up using a compact fluorescent of a higher wattage. Since the power that a 100 watt CFL draws out is still well under 40 watts there is nothing wrong with using it and the light is extremely bright so don't let the 40 watt limit send you away. Obviously the one and only down side for me was the installation of this product. The bolts which were provided for securing it to the wall, in my opinion, were not the best option. We ended up drilling a hold for the screw and everything that could go wrong DID and we ended up having to slightly move the lamp and just use our own wall anchors and screws we had on hand to make it work. I'm a pretty savvy person when it comes to little projects like this but I'm telling ya this sucker really threw me for a loop with installing. Now that the lamp is up I love it beyond belief. I would still go through all the struggle again to achieve the end result because you can't beat what this lamp provides for a dark corner and the price is not bad at all, very reasonable.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very Good
Haven't installed it yet since it came with missing parts, like the plug! OS customer service is terrific. Called told them about all the missing parts (one whole package seemed to be missing in the box) and are shipping them out today. We will see what it looks like when its up. The glass is actually a nice quallity..its more towards the amber color but suits my decor just fine.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. a little on the cheap side
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
Nice to light up a dark corner. This only takes a 40W bulb, so i have a florescent installed. Only problem was the cord goes through a 3 piece pipe, which is too small of diameter. The cord's insulation was damaged and I was concerned about shorting problems. Seems to work ok though. You have to force the cord through the pipe. Needs a better design. The light is cute and nice looking otherwise. I would recommend this with warning....
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Nice color, same as photo.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate description
Love the lamps. They were very easy to install even though the instructions left a lot to be desired as far as what some of the parts were for. I have have one in two of the corners of my parlor and they provide a lovey, soft light. Exactly what I wanted with having to deal with table lamps.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was as shown and described.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality for the price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was very accurate.
I am very happy with the corner lamp which I purchased. It is perfect for the space I need light.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? very high
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
Out of the box we realized it only hung in a corner. So instead of sending it back we liked it enough to put in our bedroom as a second light and it is very nice in there. I guess I didn't read the WHOLE description. We wanted a lamp that would hang on a wall - not in a corner. But we like it anyway. Good quality for the money.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? We think it is very good
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? I guess I didn't read the whole description because I thought I was buying a plug-in lamp that would hang on the wall, however this was a corner lamp.
Light looks really good, however was very hard to get it to fit correctly in the corner.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Good
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
The lamp is very pretty I enjoyed putting it together and putting the plug on is very easy. Those of you who wrote that it is very complicated it is NOT. All you have to do is line up the wire and slide the cover over it. Its so simple a child could do it. The reason why it is so easy is because there are two spikes that pierce the wire that complete the circut so there is nothing for you to do. The look of the lamp is very antique. It really is the perfect compliment to my room. It was a replacement for a standing lamp that I had in the corner where I had to put a piece of furniture there and I had no more room but still needed light. I highly recommend this lamp and you should not be afraid to do the electrical work at all. It is very simple and easy.
I ordered two of these to go in opposite corners. They are beautiful and add just the right amount of light in the corners. The only issue we had -- and it was no fault of the light -- was anchoring the lights in the sheetrock. It took us a couple of tries and we had to repair the wall once and try again. We finally got them up and they look great. I would do it again.
We were looking for a light for an extra bedroom. There were no tables in the room. This corner lamp was perfect. It looks great! Only problem I see is the ease of threading the cord through the cord covers. I finally found that by taking all apart (including the screw attachment parts) and threading the cord into each part and then attaching the screws to the solid pieces it was a snap. Great value and we get loads of compliments.
Was pleased with purchase...Using it to light up a dark corner in family room and it does the trick. Fairly easy to assemble and very unique looking....light shines up and glass gives nice glow...not a reading lamp..accent lighting. ...Plug in and knob on top turns off lamp...