These cellular shades exceeded my expectations. They were very easy to install. I did it myself, and I am usually challenged mechanically. It only took me five minutes, and that's saying something. The shades are amazing and look very high end. Light filters through but you can't see in, even at night. Plus, the room is warmer. I plan to buy more for our front room to cut down on heat loss in the winter and heat gain in the summer.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was very well represented
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was accurate and helpful
Purchased this shade in blue a year ago for the kitchen based on other OS's high rating. Low price. Easy installation. Attractive. Functional. To this I can now add durable. Purchased four more in white for a bedroom and home office. They allow significantly more light in than the blue, which I wanted, though the blue works well and looks good in the kitchen.
These blinds are good quality, and solid construction. They don't look cheap. The cordless motion works well. We purchased the linen color, and it is slightly more mocha/brown than linen.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Slightly more mocha than linen.
- How is the quality of the product? The quality is very good for the price.
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
I've bought this shade for our bathroom where we previously had one of the standard metal shades that got dusty and was quite unsightly. This shade changed the lighting in the bathroom - it let's light in without exposing anybody. So, keep in mind that this might not be good for a room where you want to control the amount of light you want to let in as you can either open the shade or close it (although you can do partial closing).
I love the fact that these blinds have no cords to get tangled. I hung 3 beige blinds myself in about 15 minutes. The beige is more of a light yellowish gold color, but works well with my decor. I will be purchasing more of these from Overstock.com as they carry all of my window sizes FYI: There is a small clear bracket that snaps on to the middle of the bottom, so it keeps dirty fingers from soiling the blind when moving it up and down. I had purchased these type blinds from another store and really liked that feature, but was unsure if it would be included until I received the blinds.
We moved into a new house. Half of our blinds are from overstock, and half custom made by a blinds company in the USA. I was surprised to see the mechanism in the cordless Overstock shades worked much better than in the custom USA-made blinds. Wow! They are easy to install and easy to pull up / pull down. They are a good value and worth the $.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
These are the perfect cordless blinds - we've ordered these before for our old house and now that we have our new house, I decided we needed cordless blinds. They are perfect for small children that like to play with cords, so I feel so safe having the cordless. Aside from their safety, I love the look of these blinds - they are very stylish and work so perfectly for where we put them!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
These shades look wonderful. My only problem is that half of them pull down rather hard. The other half come down so easily, it's hard to believe these are the same brand. I don't understand this and unfortunately, the hard to pull ones are in the living room where they are used most.
These shades are beautiful and very easy to install. I was on the fence about what width to order... My windows are 35" wide but on one, there's a slight smaller width where the frame isn't even. I ended up buying the 35" wide shades based on the description that they are really "0.25 to 0.5 inches less than stated." It is true. The 35" wide shade is actually 34 13/16", including the end caps on the bottom bar, which fit my window perfectly.