I purchased these blinds for my master bedroom, which has an extreme western exposure. Since I live in Michigan, I have to guard against the heat in the summer, and the cold in the winter from the windows. I purchased the linen color for my sage green bedroom with white moulding. The color looks fantastic againt the earthy green walls. If I had to describe them, they look like beautiful old-fashioned linen writing paper. Not only are they beatiful, they decreased the heat coming through the bedroom windows so much that my air-conditioning bill went down about 20 dollars a month. Great blinds!
I purchased these honeycomb blinds for five windows. In less than a year, the adhesive that holds each row together has failed in several places. I glue one row together, and then another lets go. . . I repair that one, and then another gives way. This has happened on every single blind I purchased. I do not recommend these. Obviously, there was a flaw in the manufacturer's adhesive!!
Great shade for the price - they install easily and look nice. The ivory is kind of a weird ivory, it has a beige/goldish hue, it didn't really matter to me, but if you're looking for true ivory you might not like it. The honeycomb size is smaller than I had imagined, but they still look nice. They operate smoothly, hopefully they will last for a while!
I ordered these for my master bedroom and dining room. I have a granddaughter who is a toddler and did not want cords. Safety for her was my main concern as well as a stylish look. I really love these shades. They were very easy to install and the mechanism is smooth when putting the shade up or down.I ordered the linen color first. The linen color was a little to gold so I put them in my dining room and order the white ones for my bedroom. The white are not a pure white and worked well for me.I am sure you could get a similar product at a similar price in the stores but the ease of using overstock and the fast delivery saves me a great deal of time and energy.
Bought 2 in blue for my sons room - we both really like the color. Not too light or too dark. They were easy enough to install - I did an inside window mount and these fit like a glove. Just make note of the location of the 'internal workings' before you decide on a mounting screw location. I picked the worst spot but still was able to get them up. Predrill the holes or screws may strip. I like the 'handle' for putting the shade up and down. Years ago I purchased a cordless shade (not from OS) which didn't have a handle and it broke in about a year (so irritated!). I think these will last a long time... may just buy some more for the room next door.
I was looking for inexpensive honeycomb blinds, and these were solid. They were very easy to install and look 10x better than the crummy old plastic/metal ones we had before. Not top quality, but good for the price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very Accurate
Purchased 2 shades for bedroom windows. They are functional, easy up & down. They filter some light so be aware they are not light blocking. They look sleek; look good enough to be used alone or with a drape to complement. Simple installation. Love that they have no cords!! Probably will purchase more.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
Love, love, love the color. Perfect for my laundry room. Took maybe, say 5-minutes to snap into place. The best part is that there are no unsightly cords to worry about getting tangled up in. Easy, breezy beautiful high quality shade.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Absolutely gorgeous.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Even better than I expected, especially for the price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect. You should have also mentioned that these were a snap to install.
I've had the shades for about a year and a half. Immediately after installing the shades I noticed that two of them were crooked. I dealt with it. However, recently, two of the shades broke--the elastic cord inside broke and of course, now the shades don't work at all. I am ot happy, and I know it's too late to return them. I thought I was getting a good deal, but it was a waste of my $$$
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? matched
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. fair
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
The blind I received was not what I expected. When my shipment arrived, I could tell by the size of the package that it was not the correct size. After looking at the website even further, I realized that the size was posted below the main information. Since this was my first order, shame on me. I will be returning the blind for a refund. Hope it's an easy process.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is well displayed.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very inaccurate. I was looking for a 64" WIDE blind and thought I had found it.
Great product and great value. Installing the first one took awhile to figure out, but the additional 3 went in quickly and smoothly. Do be sure to measure the width of window, with decision on whether you want exact inside coverage or some additional overlap on the sides. I plan to order for additional rooms.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good representation
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good, tho shipping box damaged, product was unaffected
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? On target
These shades are so good and well priced that my electrician asked me where I got them when he was working in my home. He couldn't believe the quality for the price and neither could I! Very Nice!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. perfect
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exactly right
The blinds are made very well. look very sophisticated once up. The only minor thing is that it may not fit exactly in the size window it is supposed to be for. for some reason we had to use a mini saw and cut a 1/4" off. once up i didnt have to worry about my 10 month old pulling any cords and this was excellent for this reason alone!
Purchased this honeycomb shade to use on RV bedroom window. Very easy to install and works wonderfully. Wish it would filter light better. A good deal of light does stream in. Price was same as the sticker that was on it from a major retailer so not a bargain. All in all a quality item so far.
I like this blind a lot - it runs smoothly, although the way I hung it may hinder the smoothness slightly. After having it up for a week, I am very happy with it, though. I did have to take a hack-saw to it and cut a few inches off, but the blind doesn't look any worse for it. :) For the price, I think this was an excellent purchase, and I love the linen color - I wasn't sure how dark it would be, but it's pefect. With the light coming through it's not too dark brown, and the contrast between my white trim & green walls looks great!