I was looking forward to receiving these and replacing some old canisters. My husband was there when I opened the box and even he commented on how cheaply made the items were. These are just glass jars wrapped in a thin sheet of stainless steel. The stainless steel does not wrap around the bottom so you see the glass underneath. This does result in sharp edges from the stainless steel along the bottom. Not good for a family with children who might be handling these. The thing that most disappointed me however were the lids which looked to be made out of very cheap plastic and again capped with a thin layer of stainless steel. It doesn't appear very airtight and I doubt the plastic would last long with repeated use. There were also some dents on the stainless steel near the glass windows where the food would show through. These must have happened before the items were packed since they were packed well and the box itself was not dented. So unfortunately these did not meet our expectations.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor quality. Basically glass jars with plastic lids and thin stainless steel panels wrapped around it.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Somewhat accurate.
The lid quit working first time I used it and had to throw one of them away 2 days after I only used it 3 times. I would have sent it back but I had already thrown the container and paperwork away. Just terrible!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? So so
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very poorly made
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Ok
Very sturdy and nicely designed canisters. I keep them on the top of my counter since they coordinate with my appliances. My only gripe is that they hold finger prints, but if you use the stainless steel cleaner wipes they come off relatively easily.