The jewelry armoire was easy to assemble but as another reviewer stated on a darker stained chest the hooks inside of the doors to hold necklaces are glued to a velvety paper and falls down after hanging too many necklaces on it. I was amazed to come home to open one of the doors only to find the paper falling down along with my necklaces. The piece of wood that attaches to the paper which contains the hooks for the necklaces needs to be either screwed into the doors or glued on with a stronger glue directly to the doors... not too the velvet material. Overall, the drawers to hold rings, earrings, etc serve their purpose and the armoire stands up well. I would only recommend buying this armoire to store a few necklaces since it's obviously not designed to hold more than maybe 5 on each door. Heavy necklaces are better hung or kept elsewhere.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color of the armoire is exactly as described. I have an expresso bedroom set and it matched very well.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Easy to assemble, no scratches or dents.....doors that hold necklaces need a sturdier design
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
This was my first furniture purchase on Overstock and I couldn't be happier. The shipment arrived sooner than expected, no damage to the box or contents, and it was EXTREMELY easy to put together. All you have to do is attach the legs and the top/mirror. It comes with the Allen wrench for the legs and you just need a Philips head screwdriver for the top. It's a relatively small piece, but don't let that make you think that you can't fill it up. I have LOTS of jewelry and I was able to fit everything in it. I especially love the side doors with hooks for your necklaces. Great find, I highly recommend it.
I was really excited to get this item. It came really fast which was great! and it wasnt very heavy in its box. When I pulled all the pieces out of the box to get a look at it everything seemed fine. It all seemed great. Loved the color, the look. It seemed pretty easy to put together. Until I started to look closer.... The screws in the legs ot attach them to the body were not even so you cant get the allotted two screws per leg in. Which wasnt a huge deal. But when I looked a the top of the amoire that has the mirror.... thats when I got upset. The top of the lid on the two sides have a rough not even layer on top of the wood that was darker than the rest of the lid and it was chipping away so you could see a white wood under the stain. It looks like the lid was damaged before being sent to me and someone had tried to fix it before sending it to me but did a ....... job of it. I spent $* dollars on this item and it came to me in less than perfect condition. Luckily contacting customer service was easy and getting the process to get this sent back and refunded started was easy as they emailed me the return lable so I didnt have to wait on it. I ordered four total items and this armoire was the first to come so now I am a little nervous about the condition of my other items. I will jsut go buy a different armoire at the store so I can see it first.
It's a decent armoire, but not at all what i was expecting. The pieces came out really dirty for starters so i had to wipe down every piece before i assembled it, which was simple enough to do. The felt that lines the drawer and drop (ring holder, 4 compartments) is glued on and not molded down properly so it was already peeling off while i was taking it out of the box/putting it together. it's alright and gets the job done for the price paid.
Disatisfied with the overall quality of the product delivered. This is the first item that I've purchased from Overstock that wasn't up to par. Very disappointed and would not recommend this product to others.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is as expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor...the materials used in the construction were a poor quality of particle board. The drawers were held in place by pegs. The finish had several scratches on it.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? So so.
Scratches all over it...cheaply made would have spent more doing all over
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very true to color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Many many scratches
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
In retrospect, I wish I would have purchased a larger armoire. If you only have a few items, it would be perfect. I guess I am a jewelry "junkie" and have colors and both casual and more formal. I wish it had the side openers for necklaces. It was easy to assemble and it does look nice and has things more organized.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? right on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. a bit flimsy, but easy to assembel
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate