The bed came in three extremely well packed boxes. It's hard to see how they could ever be damaged. The assembly was easy and took about 2 hours. I took the advice of a reviewer who suggested that the box containing the slats be placed at the end of the bed so that one slat can be pulled out at a time. The only difficulty was attaching the two leg supports. They kept slipping out of the holes. The problem can be solved by wrapping paper around the protruding parts before sticking them in the hole. It's a well made, beautiful looking bed.
I love this beautiful bed. I am a woman "of a certain age" and I assembled it all by myself! It took me over an hour but only because I am meticulous and take my time. I love this bed - it is even a richer color than I thought it would be. So elegant! I am super pleased!!! Also, it arrived much sooner than I anticipated and there was not one blemish on it - AND - all the pieces were there!! Thank you!
I was a little wary of buying a bed sight unseen but Overstock has been so consistently reliable that I took a chance - and boy am I glad I did. This is a great bed and a great bargain. I am a total geek when it comes to assembling things and I got it together relatively quickly. I must say I wish they had better instructions especially about how to attach the support legs. All in all, I am very pleased.
I really like this bed. Took me like 30 minutes to put it together byself. Really pretty wood, deep brown with just a slight tinge of red. Make sure you don't dump out the box of slats so that they're not stacked like they came because they are all connected. Keep them stacked as came, then slide them under the bed frame and put them on one by one. Much easier this way! Great bed!!!!!
I love this bed! It looks even better in person. Easy to put together. Very solid feel. Doesn't squeak. I am going to be purchasing another for our son. Highly recommend.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The bed looks even better in p!erson
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It looks like I paid a lot more for it than I did.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
We looked everywhere and tried many beds. For the money, this was by far the best bed we found. We used it to replace our old bed (for which we had paid twice as much) and the new one is much nicer. The delivery was also on time and very courteous.
First off let me say I LOVE this bed. The wood is a beautiful dark color, a good weight and it looks great all put together. My one complaint was the slat assembly - the first time I got on the bed the main support beam snapped clean in two! After reassuring myslel that I did not in fact need crash diet, I called Overstock for a replacement part, only to be told that I should have known it was defective when I arrived. Right. Silly me. Overall though, even with the rigged up support, this is one of the most comfortable beds I have had and would definitely recommend it.
Very nice looking bed that's fairly easy to assemble. The bed does not fit together perfectly flush however, which results in mild creaking and instabililty if you move around much on it. Not to knock this bed, I'm just saying it's definitely not an "heirloom quality" piece of furniture by any stretch of the imagination. However, it's very nice looking and an excellent value. Perhaps best suited for a guest bedroom?
Very nice with just the memory foam mattress. Truely does not need a boxspring. Assembly would have been very easy, but on one side the bolts did not line up properly on the headboard (this required some rigging on my part with additional screws). Other than that I have been very pleased. The finish is nice, although lacking much grain in the wood. For the price I am happy though. Everything else I found at this price was pressboard, and this bed is solid wood througout. Its sturdy too, does not creak or anything, just slides around on the floor on hardwoods. Would recommend, would have given 5 stars except the finish could have been sanded more at the slats in the headboard and the issue with assembly.
I bought this for a sleep solution mattress purchased from this site, no box spring needed. it says in the review that it accommodates 350lbs. im 190 lbs so for a married couple wanting to be very active, i don't know. but no problems, and just complements the other pieces perfectly!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color is the same as pictured, i matched this to the vermont dressers from OS and a tv/fireplace standfrom another store and it works perfect!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very nice wood, im single so can't tell you how well it would hold up for shake, rattle and roll as the slats are not that thick
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
This bed is a nice piece of furniture. It is a good, quality piece made from good hard wood. It is very sturdy. It was also easy to put together. I put it together myself in about 1 1/2 hours. I did buy some extra screws for the slats as they only had you screwing down about 1/3 of the slats. This bed was very well packed. Not one piece had a mark on it, even though the box was somewhat beat up. This is an excellent bed for the price. the only thing that bothered me a little is that on the side of the box in big, bold letters it said "MADE IN USA", however on the ends of the box it said in small letters "Made in Indonesia" So which is it guys??. either way it was a good purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the quality of this bed is great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? same
Great bed....easy to assemble, very sturdy (IMPORTANT!), nice height. The finish is a little dark for my taste but still acceptable.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality, very sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
Keeping form and function at its simplest was the Shaker hallmark, and this bed delivers on both. The curved headboard is visually beautiful and structurally sturdy. It is a perfect backrest for reading or watching t.v. The matching frame is equally solid in construction and matched the warm mahogany color of the head and low-profile footboard, perfectly. Assembly was relatively easy, though four hands are better than two. As noted by other reviewers, the support slate holes that attach to the frame, did not match in every case, but I did not find this a difficult thing to fix. Simply start the wood screw and press firmly! I would also mention that the low platform design may not be comfortable for people with bad knees or backs, particularly when getting out of bed or bending down to adjust sheets. That said, this is one of our most favorite beds to-date!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Solid
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exact
This frame looks really great. It is very sturdy and the finish is attractive. It was very easy to assemble; one person with correct tools had no difficulty; took under an hour to do so. We inspected every piece, and all were in excellent condition. I think this product is great for the price!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It is accurately pictured on the site
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality, very sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It was very accurate
This bed is very sturdy and very well constructed. It comes in three boxes. Would buy another one if I had the room.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This bed is very sturdy.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Just like description
The bed arrived in great condition, with all the parts in the packaging, and took 2 people only about 1/2 hour to put together. It's sturdy in every aspect. I've been sleeping on it for a month, including leaning back against the headboard to read before dozing off, and the bed has proven to be very solid.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Highest
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
This bed is a beautiful piece of furniture, and is sturdy and very easy to assemble! It is a quality product with quality hardware, and the hardware kit even included one extra of each different piece. The assembly instructions aren't quite accurate but it's easy enough to figure out what to do. It comes with enough screws to screw down 4 of the slats (which is what the instructions say to do), which is plenty as far the bed's sturdiness goes. However, if the bed is creaky you can get some more screws and screw down the rest of the slats (I may end up doing that). The bed took a long time to arrive, almost 3 weeks - I ordered it on July 3rd, and finally received it on the 23rd. However, it was worth the wait! Very happy with this purchase!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
We bought this bed for our guest bedroom. It was all that the previous good reviews said it was.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
Delivery was fast but freight company was not flexible on the schedule. Shipment came with some dents tot he boxes which we noted. Bed came in 3 boxes. Easy to put together, took less than an hour. All the screws are there. If you want to screw all the slats in, you will need to purchase extra screws. The wood looked much darker than the picture on Overstock. It looked like cheap cherry wood, not mahagony. I wished it was lighter. It's not a fancy bed, just an average looking bed. Some reviewers mentioned the stains on the headboard come off easily and they are correct. I ran a dust cloth through the headboard after set up and some wood peeled off. I would not pay **** for the bed. If the color of the wood is important to you, just remember it is much dark wood than the picture.