I ordered a king size. Waited 2 weeks for delivery. When freight carrier unloaded the box it looked to small to be a king. Refused delivery because it was a queen size. When I contacted Overstock, they said the king was out of stock so sent a queen instead. They did reverse the charge before the bill came due. Can give them credit for that.
When the bed was delivered the box containing the head/footboard was shredded. The delivery service (Manna) did a very poor job on their end-- 'lost' the bed in Boston then missed the original delivery date due to incompetence on their end -- then never phoned me back (three times) when I tried to figure out when I was going to be receiving the bed. I do not blame Overstock for this mishap. They are sending a replacement headboard. For now I have set it up and will use until the replacement headboard is delivered. Not certain how long that will take but tired of sleeping on the floor.This bed is very pretty-- easy to set up even with one person although the directions for assembly were missing... Having the know-how to put a certain screw into the corresponding hole I carried on. I look forward to sleeping on it.
This bed is very well made. I am very happy with the craftsmanship of this bed. It looks very lovely in my room. The wood finish is absolutely breathtaking and putting it together takes some time but well worth the time due to the sturdiness of the bed. Also, I was presently surprised to see the number of support slats provided. Due to the numerous slats provided I was able to lay my memory foam mattress down on the bed frame with no difficulty. Its perfect for memory foam mattresses and people who desire not to have a box spring. Also, this bed is perfect for a 10-12 inch memory foam mattress. The bed has been silent so far and I have not heard any noises from it at all. Very happy with this product. It greatly exceeded all my expectations by far. I would recommend this bed to anyone and everyone looking for a lovely well built bed that I am expecting to last me a life time due to the craftsmanship I see in it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Far more beautiful in person!!!!! :-)
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent Craftsmanship
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? description was fine
It is simply beautiful! I didn't expect too much for the money I paid for this, and was a little worried I'd be getting a POS, but I was VERY pleasantly surprised when it came. The wood is excellent quality. It's a rich deep cherry/mahogany finish and it feels very satiny to the touch. Construction is solid, even though we have a king size (there are solid reinforcements in the middle). Took my hubby 20 minutes to assemble. But he did say you'd be crazy to try and put it together without a drill. Highly recommend
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Even Better than Anticipated
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent
We purchased this bed after looking all over for one -- didn't want to spend a ton. This one is great. We did have to purchase plywood to put down to support our memory foam mattress. Took my husband a few hours to put together, despite having two little "helpers" in the room. Would definitly recommend.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This bed is great, especially considering the price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
Love the bed. A little time funsumming to put together. Does a great job with my temer pedic mattress.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? slightly darker
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
Very nice bed. The color was perfect. Plenty of room. The only problem was shipping. The shipper destoyed the first delivery with a forklift. The headboard has some thin wood, in parts, and one piece came unglued during the second shipment. But, I reglued that myself and it looks perfect. Overall, satisfied. Customer service was very good
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
This was well worth the purchase price. The wood is a lovely color and matched our antique cherry dresser perfectly. We've moved the bed to a new home since the original purchase and my husband had no trouble putting the bed together either time. We did add plywood over the slats but only because our new mattress required this for the warranty to remain valid.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Slightly lighter in real life
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good Quality especially for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate description
Our bed came with no instructions, but it is not rocket science. Went together in 15 minutes - it took longer to un-box it and bring the pieces inside. Took three weeks to get here, but still not a bad price for a nice bed. The color is rich, a little darker than I like, but it looks good. Works perfect with a latex foam mattress! It is light, so it is easy to move around for cleaning and such, or if your spouse simply likes to move stuff around. All around, I would recommend this bed to anyone. I only gave 4 stars because the dang instructions were missing and I sort of had to figure things out as I went...again, not nuclear physics but at 10 PM, and after 2 glasses of wine, it was more challenging than if i would have just put it together as soon as I got home.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? OK
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. OK
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? OK
Bought this bed about 3 weeks ago. I only took 8 days to get to me- super fast! Delivery guy was great, checked the boxes with us, there were a few holes in the boxes but no damage to the bed pieces at all. We put it together rather easily, directions are clear, pieces were all there. The color is rich and beautiful and the bed is very sturdy feeling. I totally recommend this bed to anyone tempted to buy it. I hope your experience is as great as mine.
I've had this bed frame for a couple weeks - as I mentioned above - it's a darker cherry finish, a bit darker than pictured - but I'm still very happy! It's simple to put together - i would loosely put frame together and then put in slats to match up the pre-drilled holes for the slats. I didn't have the frame quite lined up correctly for the slats...other than that...super simple and very happy with it!! I would recommend to family/friends!
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? The bed frame is darker in person than as pictured - more dark cherry.
- How is the quality of the product? Excellent value! Sturdy and easy to put together!
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
The bed came in three manageable packages, and was fairly simple to put together, although it does take 2 people. The frame is solid and sturdy, and the wood just glows. It was even better than we'd expected. The platform is much easier on our backs than the old box spring was, too.
For the price, this is a very nice bed, Looks to be of high quality and is sturdy. Assembly took about 45 minutes for 2 people, Only issue was some holes didn't line up when screwing in slats but was easily remedied by screwing directly into wood. Looks great in the room and is lower than my old bed making it easier for my older dogs to hop up. Would definitely recommend. Delivery was also prompt, received in a little over a week.
This bed was very easy to put together and is very rugged. Read the other reviews for how-tos (like the middle legs need to be adjusted to fit firmly on the floor) and you will be all set. We love it. We bought a bedroom set about 6 years ago with a Queen bed and wanted to move to a King bed. The platfrom bed matched our original furniture very well. Very happy with this purchase.