Wanted this for over a year, but could not bring myself due to what I thought was a high cost and would it be worth the trouble if it was not as it should be. Finally a group of friends got together and purchased it for me. This has proved to be the best gift I ever got! It fit wonderfully in a area off my kitchen (kind of a Butlers Pantry) I have had people ask me if it came as part of the house, or who did you get to make that for you? I have my mixer sitting on the top, since I use it a lot, but not enough to take up space on the mail counter top. I store many of my small electrical appliances on the shelves. The drawer is great, just deep enough to hold all those odd shaped kitchen things that you need but do not use daily. This way they are only 2-3 steps away and I am not rummaging all over in search of them. Yes the piece needs to be oiled several times a year, but well worth the work. This is one heavy piece, and pretty much requires 2 people to carry. I have the model with the drop leaf, and although I have not yet used it, it would be useful if set up as a bar.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color could not have been a better match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great construction, quality workmanship, ideal item
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Could not have been better!
It was a bit difficult to put together, but once that was done, it is a fantastic piece of furniture. Very sturdy, high quality wood etc. It does need to be oiled with mineral oil just as any butcher block, but that is easy and adds to the quality of the work over time. I would buy this again if I had to.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exactly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very sturdy and high quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect
This was the most difficult assemblt I've ever tried, the bolts aren't like camlock bolts on other heavy wood pieces and were very difficult to place correctly and tighten. The dropleaf doesn't level very well either. This piece is so heavy, when you've assembled it you definitely need at least 2 people to turn it over.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. nice heavy wood
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate