I read quite a few wool rug reviews on here before purchasing and most are true. Rug has some moisture (natural) when delivered and smells a bit funky ... dissapates in a few days. Make sure you don't unwrap it from the plastic and leave it rolled up as the drying action my cause it to take a curly set. I have also read about a lot of people who don't seem to know how to care for a wool shag rug properly. Get yourself a rug rake ... or you can do what I did and just go to Home Depot and get a small soft plastic shrub rake. Raking your rug will make the pile stand up (like the picture) and make the colors more vibrant. When first raking the rug will shed a LOT ... this is natural too. This will help break the rug in and get over that initial really fuzzy phase you see many folks write about. The rug is great! Looks wonderful against my gray slate floor. I would say each strand is about a half inch thick. I was afraid the rug would play as a single color from a distance (which I did not want). A multitude of colors would usually equal: brown, but it does not. Thanks to the large strands you see individual colors. My wife says that every time she looks at it a different color seems to pop out to her.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Quite well
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality; Chandra rugs
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very acurate
I wanted to love this rug, I really did. My husband had misgivings about buying it but I convinced him. We get compliments on it, because it is pretty cool looking, but after 8 months it still sheds CONSTANTLY. The fuzz covers the rug making all the colors less vibrant. It is IMPOSSIBLE to keep clean. Even using our super powerful Dyson vacuum, we couldn't get up the cracker crumbs that our toddler spread. I finally resorted to using the vacuum with the rollers on, against instructions, just to try to get the rug a little cleaner. Our friend called it "muppet shag" and it's true. The individual shag tufts are thick, like a cat's hairball. I know this, because my cat coughed up a hairball on it and it was almost invisible in the shag. This was our expensive mistake, and now I'm trying to find a low-traffic room in the house to put the rug in because it seems a shame to throw it out. Buyers beware.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? About right, but the fuzz makes it look dingy
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Ok
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Ok
I received this rug today and it is exactly as described on the website. The color is vibrant without being too loud, rug itself is plush and it sheds like expected from that kids of wool. I have another rug like that and it also sheds a lot. Vacuuming with a handheld attachment works well and shedding decreases over time, but it will never stop completely. This type of rug, even when it is 3 times more expensive like the one from Crate and Barrel, continues to shed. I use mine in kids rooms and shedding does not bother me too much. Great value for the price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. As described
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
We read all the reviews on this and other sites regarding this rug and decided to go for it. I bought this for my daughter and she loves it. In her case, there are no kids or pets, so it is probably holding up exceptionally well. I think she might be using a dust buster rather than a vacuum to clean it. It matches or blends with almost any solid color you want to put with it.
I love this rug and so does everyone who comes to visit. It is so comfy on the feet and my husband and son love to lay on the floor now. Even though I read the reviews about how thick each individual shag was, I was still not prepared for how thick they actually are! They are seriously big which is cool. The only real concern I have is when we vacuumed, It kind of tore up some of the shags. I don't know that anyone would notice them at this point, but I am scared to vacuum it again because I don't want to make it worse. So when you vacuum this thing make sure the bristles in your vacuum are at the highest level because you do not want them to rip up your shags. Even still, I love this rug!! Also the thing really does shed as bad as everyone says it does. We have multicolored tumbleweeds blowing across our house! I still love the rug.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color onsite is a little darker than the actual product, but not much
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Not real sure of the quality. It sheds a lot and the vacume kind of tore up some of the shags
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate