This came while I was away and I could not wait to get home to see what I had. Had to wait a few days after I returned home as there is always something else that needs to be done that to others is more important. Finally, opened the box and laid out all the parts. We were fortunate as we had everything and nothing needed to be replaced due to damage. Everything was perfect. Took a bit of time, and after my husband gave up, I called my son-in-law and he came over that evening. Both he and my husband put it together, with a few glitches that they worked out, in about 4 hours. I did have to call Customer Service and Florence was a gem. She knew what my piece was and had all the right answers. She was more than a pleasure to deal with. Now that it is put together, It is PERFECT and just what I wanted. Not too big and cumbersome and fits in my kitchen great. I bought my son--in-law dinner and everyone was happy. I highly recommend this kitchen island #1448. Just watch the video and take your time with putting it together. It is definitely worth it.
I bought this as a Mother's Day gift to myself a year ago I have a small kitchen and could never fit the beautiful islands I saw online. This is perfect. It was easy to assemble. It is quite sturdy and has given me so much additional storage space. It weighs over 100 pounds. It is worth it's weight in gold for me.
This island has everything I wanted...2 shelves, a large drawer, and great work top. It is a very nice butcher block and very finely made. Customer service is excellent also. It had a small crack in one of the legs and the company sent me another one that I received in 2 days. You can't go wrong if you are looking for a very sturdy, solidly made and handsome kitchen island.
WOW! What a well made table! It is heavy and the wood used is a beautiful grain! My husband put it together in no time. I had been hoping I could eliminate the 2 shelves so that we could pull stools up to it for the grandchildren to enjoy! There were no notches cut into the legs...the shelves themselves were made to attach to the legs. We kept them off for a great and sturdy table! Love it!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Amazing
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Great! Let the consumer know that you can leave off the shelves to make it a table suitable for stools to be pulled up to it!
I absolutely love this Butcher-Block table. It is solid (very heavy) and the wood is beautiful. It is just what I imagined it would be like. It was not difficult to put together. I just had to be patient and follow the directions step-by-step. The drawer assembly is very nice and the wonderfully wide drawer glides in and out beautifully. The price was several hundred dollars less than I found it anywhere else. The quality was also much better than any of the similar pieces that I looked at in stores. I am thrilled with this purchase!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfectly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This is an amazingly sturdy piece of furniture. High quality construction and materials.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
Fits in my kitchen perfect, exactly what I wanted, did need to reinforce it a little to firm it up. Took a little while to put together.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exactly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. heavy and good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
I love this table. It is a solid, heavy piece of furniture. Works perfect as a prep station in my kitchen and hold appliances underneath.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. nice quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
The fasteners were a bit difficult to manage in putting together the table. It was not stable after assembly so I attached a sheet of 1/8-in plywood to the back and this did the trick. I installed the table next to a wall and the plywood also prevented pots and bowls from falling out the back.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
This is a beautiful table. It is sturdy (over 130lbs) and made of great quality wood. The color of the table is beautiful as it is the material. The biggest complaints I had with this are (1) the assembly instructions are outdated (and confusing) and (2) the drawer is a little rickety. I had to call the manufacturer four times to figure out the assembly because they give parts that are not listed on the material sheets and substitute others that are listed. The drawings also don't match up to the actual holes on the wood pieces, thus making it difficult in one case to tell which are the front panels vs the back panels. They also describe a way to tighten the parts that is sort of accurate. And, if you don't tighten the parts just so, the legs don't really attach to the table in a stable manner. (I had to disassemble and reassemble the pieces so that they'd be more secure.) On the phone they admitted that they needed to update the assembly instructions - please do so soon so that others don't get that confused. (BTW, I've assembled more than ten furniture pieces - from Ikea, Target and less well known retailers/manufacturers.) They also gave me a butcher block that on the reverse side had a pretty bad tree know - there was about a two-inch gouge in the wood. I asked them for a replacement and they said they'd ship one out but it's been two weeks. I finally got tired of waiting and just used the original, marred one. I really didn't want to call them yet again. Assembled, the drawer feels a little unstable and rickety. I wish the gliding part were smoother but, hey, I am not going to disassemble and reassemble the piece yet again, so I am living with it. It is a beautiful piece but beware of these glitches.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Pretty good with the exception of the drawer
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
This butcher block is every bit as functional as it is fantastic looking. The butcher block top is REAL. Its top is at least two inches thick, and the wood straitions are gorgeous. We purchased it to use in our kitchen as a work center. It will be used extensively. Thanks Overstock!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very high quality
This is beautiful ! Looks great & is a serious piece of furniture ! Weighs a ton ! The butcher block top is a true 2" thick,! I have gotten so many complements. Took my husband about an hour to put togeather. He did complain about the lockpins not pulling it "all together" & said they should try another type of pin. He has put many pieces of furniture together in the past 3 mos. ( we just moved ) & says there are better types of lockpins. I am very pleased !!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? true
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. top quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? true
This is one of the best values for the money if you are looking for a fairly thick butcher block. Many are available in one inch thickness and are for looks only. But this 2" model looks and feels like a true butcher block without going overboard. It for the cook that wants to cut and prepare food right on the surface. The two shelf model is perfect for a wine rack and storing platters while entertaining. The quality is excellent for the money. We searched all the manufacturers sites before making our decision on which model to buy. To our surprise Overstock.com had it in stock and it was quite a bit less than other sites.