I have been looking for a modern, low profile or flush mount ceiling fan as I have low (standard 8 foot) ceilings and all my current fans are flush mount. it's been impossible to find a flush mount ceiling fan under $300 that has clean, modern lines so I decided to give this a try since the downrod is only 6 inches.. I was a little nervous this might hang down to far, but it's perfect. I can touch the blades, but I have plenty of walking clearance under the fan. I bought two of these fans and liked them enough to buy two more so now all my ceiling fans match and I don't have any more of those dowdy 1980s style fans with the gold trim and ugly light sconces. The price is great and they look wonderful with all my dark wood and clean lined furniture. The remote control is a great bonus. It has an on/off switch for the light and low, med, high for the fan. The fan does not have a pull chain so you'll have to keep your remote handy (mine is attached to a light switch which will turn on the light for me). It puts out a nice amount of air in my medium sized bedroom. The light is on the soft side due to how opaque the glass shade is and because you can only use two 40 watt bulbs. But I don't want bright glaring light at night and prefer the softer light it casts so it works for me.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
Liked the looks of this fan. It would be optimal for flush-mount application. Unfortunately, the rod was not a standard size and we wanted it for a cathedral ceiling.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Pretty accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seemed likes nice weight and feel
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pretty close
The fan looks very nice and blows air and cools a good sized room. You'll need to buy a 9volt battery which I thought would have been included. The install went well, my installer does a lot of fans so maybe it was easier for him than most. I love the modern, rich look of the fan. I am very pleased!
I'm terrified of electricity but decided to tackle this anyway by myself. The instructions were very confusing to me since they also include instructions for other fan models. Just make sure you are looking at the right model number. The only thing that was really a pain is that they tell you to put the blades on after the fan is mounted and wired on the ceiling. You really need two people to do this because you have to remove a plate on the fan and spin the motor until the screwholes are visible. This requires holding a flashlight straight up to see inside and at the same time get the screw on the screwdriver and tighten it. I managed by holding the flashlight in my mouth and i'm sure I looked ridiculous. If I did it again, I would attach the blades before and deal with the awkwardness of mounting the fan with the blades sticking out.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
The first thing that I would like to say is that this product looks great!! The only reason I am giving it 3 stars is because you really need to have someone who knows what they are doing put it together. It comes in atleast 15 peices. BUT if you have someone who can put it together, you will love this :) I surely do!
Moves a lot of air, looks really nice. The color is just like the picture.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Right on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nice. Im no expert, but looks very fancy.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
The picture makes the blades look much longer/bigger, but overall, the fan is nice, and it looks great installed.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It is a nice fan.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? I don't remember the description saying it had a remote, so that was a bonus.
This fan goes well with our décor. Installation was straight forward and relatively simple. All parts were clearly marked and were easy to locate. Note that the fan does include two light bulbs but, does not include a 9v battery for the remote. The remote is larger than I would like but, is easy to see/read the functions and works as it should.