We love these fans! Being in Texas we needed ceiling fans in our bedrooms and we looked for months for a reasonably priced modern fan and these were perfect. They fit snug to the ceiling, you can't lower it like a traditional fan. This was exactly what we were looking for since we have standard ceiling heights in our older home and these give the illusion of having a higher ceiling because they mount directly to the ceiling. They are powerful enough to generate a lot of cooling air but are very sleek and stylish. The light in them is fluorescent and gives off a good deal of light, I believe a little more than 100watt equivalent. The remote is very easy to operate. We couldn't be happier, amazing value for the price, comparable fans we looked at cost at least twice as much.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? True to the site listing
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fantastic!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
We're getting rid of all of the tradition ceiling fans in the house we bought and replacing them with more contemporary looking fans. This was the first one we saw that we liked and we installed it in the kitchen. Looks exactly as described (very nice) and the installation was a snap. I really like the remote as well. A great purchase and good value.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect Match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect description
I installed this ceiling fan myself (girl on a ladder!!) and it was the easiest one I have ever installed. It has a remote that was easy to put in because of the design.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color match perfect!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This fan is so quiet without any motor noise. I love it.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? I found it to be exactly as described.
My wife bought this to replace one of those ubiquitous white Hunter 5-blades whose motor burned out. We are going modern with our decor and this fan looks like a more expensive brand's hugger style (there is no down rod and you install flush to the ceiling), which we wanted with our low ceilings. Clean, spare metallic lines replaced white perforated metal and brass pull chains that hit you in the face when you walk around at night. Operation in 1st 24 hours is quiet (minimal hum), no complaints about air movement but it's only a 10x12 bedroom, remote control works, install is easy if you know DIY electrical (I consulted web when I got confused), able to wire light to the switch and the fan to the remote via 2nd existing hot and we like that the light kit uses 2 regular Edison bases for CFLs up to 20W. Light kit is cheaply made - this means do not exceed 20W in case of fire and we had to make adjustments to flanges so it didn't look so lopsided - makes me think that quality not great based on another reviewer's comments. Overall we're happy with the look and price so ordering a 2nd to replace another aging 80s fan.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Okay, but housing not as shiny as photo and overall the blades and housing match better than photo
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fan assembly appears solid but can't really tell what's inside housing, light kit pretty cheaply made.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good.
We received the fan and everything was working properly for the first month. Then all of a sudden the remote stopped working. We changed the batteries and it still didn't work. We tried several different codes and made sure all the wires were set up properly, but it still would not work. We then rigged the fan to work with the wall switch and it worked just fine. The bottom line is that it was a faulty remote. We contacted overstock to find out who the manufacturer is and how to get a hold of them and they gave us nothing. No information and no help at all. They only stood behind the excuse that it has been more than 30 days since we received it so they could not even initiate a part request. This is by far the worst customer service I have experienced in all my years of purchasing online. Extremely disappointed in the product AND in Oversotck. I will never send another customer their way.
great for the price. looks great up. the fact that the blades are like cardboard might be better and safer
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the blades are more like cardboard or particle board not metal
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
It is always hard to purchase something like this on the internet...when we got it we didn't love the look. It looks a little cheap and smaller than what we were expecting but all that aside we put it up. It worked for about 10 minutes before it started making a noise and we a burning smell and it quit. Sending it back and getting something different and hoping for a better outcome!
I am overall happy with the fan. They were easy to install and are very quiet. There were a few manufacturing defects that required me to take apart the fan and adjust alignments. Also the fan does not seem to be 52".
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It matched the site
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fair. The direction switch did not align with the opening.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It is not 52"
The directions were terrible, have installed a few ceiling fans in the past, but this was so difficult, had to hire an electrician ! Once installed it looks perfect !!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Just as shown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good !
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
The ceiling fan is really nice, and works really well. You do need either professional installation or if you want to do it yourself, you will need at least 2 people working together to install. We installed it to work with independent switch control for the light and fan, but even if you have just a single switch, the electrical circuit for the fan is such that it will enable that control. Comes with a remote that can be programed to work only with one fan, so that you don't have cross talk with the remote between rooms. We installed 4 in our house initially without setting the remote, this led to remote from one room controlling more than 1 fan depending on distance. As soon as we realized this, we took the fan down and changed the settings on the remote / controller in the fan.