As others have mentioned the fan blades are wood painted silver and the light is not as bright due to only two 40W bulbs. Since I installed this in my master bedroom, I didn't need something very bright since my nightstand lamps compensate when required. There was actually an issue after installling the fan, with a loud clanging noise of each fan blad hitting something in the inside of the unit. Overstock was great with getting us a replacement unit in about a week and this one works great. Installation can be a bit frustrating, the unit related to the remote control was a bit difficult fitting into the mounting unit and each fan blade needs to be screwed into the interior of the unit - flashlight was useful here. My other two ceiling fans had snap on blades and having to screw the blades in for this unit made me thankful there were only 3 blades instead of 5. The sleek design really fits perfectly with my contemporary bedroom and the quiet operation is perfect to leave it on while sleeping. Remote control allows me to adjust the fan settings and turn on and off the light from bed. What more can I ask for? Maybe just a little bit brighter light...
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Just as expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? indicated bulbs were not included but they were; should mention that 9V battery is not included for remote control and that fan blades are wood with silver paint
The only disappointment I had with this fan is that the light isn't very bright. I did note that another reviewer had mentioned that as well. I had intended it for my bedroom but ended up putting it my living room as I needed soemthing for the electrician to hang when he came to wire the room.I have a slight delay with the it coming on, I have wired to two different switches and use the remote as well.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great color match.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality. My electrician was impressed.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
Gave it 4 stars for two reasons. 1 had it porfessionally installed and was told it was very difficult. 2 the sensor bit in the fan was not working, luckily the installer had one. The fan has a cool retro modern look which was what I was looking for.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
This fan looked really nice once it was put up, only problem we had was when the fan was on the high setting it made a little clicking noise. I think the fan needed to warm up b/c now it no longer clicks all the time, just occassionally - which is a little annoying. Otherwise, very quiet and it is nice that it does not drop very low from the ceiling. Even our A/C guy commented on how nice the fan was! I would highly recommend the fan and for the price this is better than anywhere else!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? pretty good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. pretty good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
Using in a medical office and getting lots of compliments.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seems sturdy and well made
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
We had some issues installing this fixture, but mostly due to existing electric box that was too small to hold extra wiring etc. Once installed, very happy with the fan and light. I wish the remote had a dimmer for the light, but might have one installed on our switch later.
The fan arrived and we fell in love with the look of it. The installing process... well... Hope you have little hands and are handy with wiring. From the mouth of the installer...Once the fan was up the wires were short so getting large man hands up into the fan was hard. Cursing and scratched knuckles inserted here. The fan blade colors are nice, but a little cheap feeling, almost a thick cardboard. The light is on the dim side, but I am okay with that. Overall, the fan works, it looks great and I am happy with it. But I didn't have to install it...
This fan was purchased for a third floor bedroom with a low ceiling so we needed something relatively low profile. The look of the fan is perfect and the price was great. It was easy (for my electrician boyfriend) to install. Only thing that is a little strange is the remote. Works fine, but looks like it's from 1982!
I have the exact same review on this product as "silvrfoxx" mentioned. I bought this fan on 4/16/13 and it stopped working just a few weeks ago. The light will still work but the fan functionality is gone. We have changed the batteries and the fan still will not work. The styling of this fan is great and looks great in our room but it is the only fan in our house so the fact that it no longer works is a huge issue.
I bought two of these, and they look really nice. However, I still cannot get one of them to light or the fan to work with the remote. I have tried several times re-installing the remote's receiver, and I have also tried several electrical rearrangements. But it still does not work. I may have to hire a professional electrician.