This light is almost identical (if not identical) to a Feiss light (F1889) I was going to buy at about $**a light. So, to get something equivalent for under $**is outstanding. I bought 7 of them and found them to look great. My experience with the lights was positive and if I had one complaint, it would be the build quality is a little lacking. They all worked, ultimately, but a couple of the cap screws wanted to strip out if I wasn't careful, and often I had to adjust the metal tines that hold the glass bowl. They weren't quite at the right angle, but a good forceful push fixed them. Overall, for the price I paid, I'm extremely happy with the light.
I am very pleased with this elegant looking fixture which was extremely inexpensive. I extended the chain and wire since I have extremely high ceilings, and it hangs over my table. My home is eclectic in style and this fixture fits in nicely. It would enhance the decor in a dining room, family room, or large hallway.
The old saying that, at times, less is truly more fits perfectly with the look of this light. We wanted something understated, in our kitchen, but also something that gave our kitchen a touch of contemporary. This light is just what we had been looking for. Also, the construction is very good, for the price of this lamp. If you are not looking for a lot of "business" in your kitchen lighting, you may want to give this light a try.
Was concerned that maybe it wouldn't throw enough light over the dining room table but it's perfect. Style simple, quiet and very pretty. We are in a rental so I didn't want to spend a ton on replacing the fixture and I am thrilled to have found this. Great value.
This chandelier complements the more traditional fixtures in the large living areas of my home. I installed a dimmer switch which allows me to have just the right amount of light for mood and ambiance. My dining room is approximately 10x10 and the fixture might be a little too large for the space; however, my dining room is open to living room and kitchen areas, so the feel is O.K. I love the "look" of it!
The color of the product was well represented in the photograph online, and the description was accurate. I think the fixtures (I bought three) are a wonderful look and updates my mountain home. I recommend this fixture in particular because the bulb is not visible from below, and the shade is a lovely shape. Easy to clean too.
We ordereed 3 of these lights for our foyer. They are beautiful. They look very expensive. I do understand what people are talking about with them being fragile. The prongs that hold the bowl do not actually screw into the bowl at all, so the bowl just rests in there. They are very nice and well worth the inexpensive price!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact Color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality of this product is great!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description of this item is accurate.
I am so happy with my chandelier in the foyer that I bought another for the seating area in the kitchen. Transitional design and rubbed oil makes it suitable anywhere. Plenty of light! The glass seems plenty snug between the three brackets and I don't understand the other complaints. Great buy!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? on target
It took my handy man 2 hours to assemble and install. It looks great. Nice, modern look. Three 60 watt bulbs give plenty of light over glass table in great room. Dome is white glass. I could have used a little larger dome, but it looks good over a 42 inch table. Can't beat the price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
This is a very nice looking chandelier. I am very happy with this purchase. I bought two of these, one for the eating area in the kitchen and one for the formal dining room. They look very elegant and are exactly what I was hoping for when I purchased them. I would recommend though that it not be put in an area where it could be easily bumped. The glass just rests in the metal pieces. It's not anchored or attached in any way. I chose not to purchase another for our entryway because we can't easily reach that space with a ladder and have to pull the light fixture using a hook in order to change bulbs or clean it. This fixture wouldn't work in that space due to the glass not being attached.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Looks just like picture
Received Chandelier and unpacked. Very impressed with packaging and everything was intact. Installation instructions were really not instructions but just an exploded view of the Chandelier. Someone who has never installed a fixture would probably have a problem. Chandelier itself is not all that sturdy as installation of the glass globe required moving the supports out of the way and they back in. This resulted in some surface marring or paint transfer from the support brackets. Time will tell whether these will wash off when the glass is cleaned. Other than that, it looks as promised and to me, at least, great.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly as described
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is for the most part excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very Accurate
The product, in terms of the four "arms" that support the light, is not well designed. Each arm is secured with a single screw that lets it pivot side to side, which it does incessantly while you're trying to seat the glass bowl. Unfortunately, I was never able to get the arms to line up properly in such a way that I felt comfortable the bowl would not fall. No matter how many times I lined them up and tightened the screws, the arms would continue to slip to one side or another. And, unfortunately, each time they slipped, the metal arm would scratch the glass. There's no padding of any kind between the metal arm and the glass; another design flaw. Ultimately, I returned the light to Overstock for a refund.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was as expected.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality of the globe is good. Very white -- very attractive. The metal is OK for the price. The stain a bit uneven, but attractive nonetheless.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate.
love this light. It is modern looking without being over the top. Looks clean and great over my trestle table.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? as described
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? as described
Looks great above our dinning table. We put 75halogen bulbs in there and gives plenty light. I also had my husband rewire and hang on 8ft chain to extend the length and it was fairly easy for handy person. I have seen those fixtures for lot more then I paid on Overstock so I'm happy with it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? chandelier color os black with rusty looking spots nut when it's hang, looks mostly black. Glass is white