I usually wait for reviews on a product before ordering, but I went ahead and ordered this lamp on a whim. It's a pretty sharp looking lamp. Contemporary and sturdy looking chrome. It's pretty easy to assemble, except for the screwing together of the rods. Somehow I had trouble getting the rods to screw properly and in a straight line. The shade is not white, as depicted. It is actually off-white, cream colored which I prefer anyway. The issue I had with this lamp is the base not being heavy enough to support the lamp. When adjusting the rods, I noticed the base shaking, as if the lamp was about to keel over. :-/ Hopefully this wont be an issue.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is off. It's actually CREAM colored
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. so-so
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? slightly accurate
Yesterday i unpacked, assembled and positioned the lamp in the perfect spot in my living room. It looked great and I was satisfied. Today I went to turn on the lamp and it snapped in two; such a disappointment.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Shade is not white
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Cheap
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not good
This is a really bad product. I ordered it and it broke in like 20-25 days of purche. Then overstock sent me a replacement part and that broke too. The quality of this product is really bad and the it is welded is really poor quality. Do not recommend it to anyone
Poorly designed lamp. It was fine for a couple of months. However, the bottom part will not support the upper part for long. You will be readjusting every other week to the point to where you will find it on the floor snapped in two and completely irrepairable.
love the lamp, nice heavy base, easy assemby. size was acurate.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? shade was a little yellow but I like it
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent quality, nice heavy base
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fairly
agree with # 2, sent back to OS due to shade color yellow - not white. poor (sloppy)welding, "brushed nickel' already feels rough like rusting uner the coating. Typical screw together (esy to strip) metal tube stand pipe. brushed nickel looks like cheap chrome paint. Heightt was correct, but not much change up in angles for 2 connctions to do so.(will not angle high enough that you don't hit your head on it when standing up from couch...
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? shade is yellow- not white; brushed nickel looks like cheap chrome paint
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. poor welding, "brushed nickel' already feels rough like rusting uner the coating. Typical screw toether (esy to strip) metal tube stand pipe.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Ht was correct, but not much change up in angles for 2 connctions to do so. Shade throws a yellow hue into room.
The lamp looks great but one of the adjusting screws broke right away after putting it together. I would return the lamp but the packaging cost too much.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The same, very good description
I ordered this lamp for in the lower level of my vacation home. I have a large sectional leather couch and it is dark in the corner when trying to read. I saw this lamp and thought that it might be an inexpensive solution. I assembled it myself and I love it. It is well balanced and the light is perfect. It has a refractive piece on the bottom of the shade so that the light is not glaring if you are sitting close to it. I went back to order another one for my fulltime residence, but they are out of stock. If they are restocked - order one, you will not be sorry.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? NA
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Right on!
Disappointed with this item for 3 reasons. 1. Shade color on display picture looks "to me" that its white however when I received its more of a eggnog color. 2. The metal arm does not hold the weight of the lamp/light & soldered bold snapped off. Thank God no one got hurt & my husband fit using a washer & alternate screw. 3. The plastic shield under the shade that is suppose to give a more finished look does not lay flat & is slightly warped.
I bought this lamp a couple of months ago. The lamp had a damage joint when I assembled it, just snapped at the nut joint. I had to use a screw and nut to get the joint to stay attached. This was already a disappointment, but I managed to fix it. Now after a few weeks I find the lamp broken at another joint which totally the metal just cracked and the lamp top was just hanging. I think this lamp looks nice but the materials they used are very low grade to support the weight. DO NOT BUY THIS LAMP. I was not able to get a full refund and with the hassle of packing and shipping it back is not worth it to me since its a heavy base. This was a complete waste of time and money.
Don't waste your money, when I received the lamp it came with a broken piece that we replaced and three months later the top bar closest to the shade literally cracked and snapped in half! Now it is just hanging by the cord in my living room so upsetting!!! And when I called to complain they said this lamp has no warranty available so I'm out of luck such a waste of money, time, and frustration. I don't know if I'm more upset that the stupid lamp broke or that they will not even replace it or offer me a refund such a joke.
It's not bad looking. Just not as good as it looks. The shade looks white in the picture. When you get it, it's an old fashioned tan look. The first one I got was broken at the hinge. The weld was totally busted. But we called, and they took care of everything. Told us what to do to send broken one back, and shipped out our new one right away.