Value: This pot filler is a good value if you are shopping for one that is under $200. It is heavy. Make sure when you do the rough-in that you really brace the copper pipe and brass fitting very well (see details below). Style: this works in a traditional or modern space and has a bulky/thick look- the picture on overstock of it laying on the side is not a good rendition. We have a 36" heavy duty commercial style stainless steel 6-burner gas range and this faucet still looks a bit on big side for me. I'm ok with most of the design. I wish they would change/reduce the length of the section coming out straight out from the wall. When I have the faucet fully folded against the wall, this part still protrudes too much such that I can not have a pot sitting in the back mid-burner - so there is a functional problem. Operation: I have only used it one time for testing, but it seems to have a strong flow - but we have good pressure here so your mileage may vary. Install: we have it installed in the center of the back splash behind the range. The water spout itself was installed about 15 1/2" above the grills and the pipe protruding from the wall is about 11 1/2" above the grills. Some people install it as high as 20" but this runs into some problems - excessive splashing if you don't have any pots that even need that height and also how close do you really want it to visually be in concert with the overhead hood. Because we installed it in the center of a 36" range - folding it down completely from a center position works fine, but if you only have a 30" range, you will probably have to choose to move it more to one side so that it can fold completely within the back splash behind the range and not interfere with your counter-top objects like microwaves/coffee makers, etc.. Extra install considerations: we used the standard 2 screws in the ears of the standard brass female fitting (where the brass male nipple screws in after your sheet rock is up). Then along the 1/2" copper pipe, we made sure that it had snug wood backing for at least 9" along the back of the pipe extending out from the brass fitting, and secured the pipe to this wood backing in 3 additional places with 1/2" copper pipe straps. Then we made sure that each side of the in-wall pipe had a strip of wood so there would be no side-to-side movement. If you only use the 2 screws into the brass angle ears this will not be enough - this faucet is heavy. After rough-in if you can yank on the galvanized pipe sticking out from the wall at all, then whoever plumbed it needs to come back and secure it better. The protruding nipple must be straight or your faucet will look angled when it is installed - and yes it will show.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? could be better - need to understand if it is lead free for California or not
I would recommend this purchase to anyone who is looking for a pot filler for their kitchen. I searched all over the internet and could not beat what I found at this site. The pot fillers can be pricey but Overstock came through with the lowest and best price offered. The quality is beyond my expectation. It was like getting a designer bag. I loved the care of packaging. My faucet came in a soft drawstring bag reminding me of the care and quality of product I was receiving. My faucet fits in with my high end appliance kitchen like a diamond on a bride's finger. It is more than an accent, it sparkles!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Superb quality. I have gotten so many compliment on the high end finish and look of my potfiller. Amazing is what my neightors are saying.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Completely acurate
Love this pot filler! Fully extended,the spout reaches 22" from the wall. Does not leak. Fills a 4-quart pot in 40 seconds. Always looks great - no water spots, no fingerprints. This is a heavy brass fixture & needs extra support behind the wall for mounting, but well worth the trouble.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. well-made heavy-duty product
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
This faucet is not lead free as stated. I called the manufacturer. There is a lead-free version, but it will have a + after the model number. Overstock is not selling the that version. I was going to use it with an RO system and my plumber said that I wouild have had a great amount of lead leached into my water with this faucet. Good save on his part. Beware.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Product looked great - never got to use it.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? horrible
Not a big fan of purchasing plumbing via web but this one is a winner. Very pleased with the quality and operation of the pot filler. Would recommend to anyone. Easy to install once you review the instructions.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? spot on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excel. quality. Strong
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
Its beautiful, well made, functions well and you can't beat the price. Would highly recommend this product!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Spot On
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Well made, high quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
Again, Overstock surprised us with the quality ,beauty and cost of this Faucet . I had searched the web, and was put off by the cost of a "pot-filler" considering their limited function. Ordered this because of the price point,and WOW couldn't believe the quality, and craftsmanship! This was used in a renovated cottage blending old and new kitchen construction . the design simplicity lends itself to use in contemporary or traditional kitchens / potting sheds.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exactly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. unsurpassed quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
I am over the top excited by this product, it looks fantastic with our stainless appliances in our renovated kitchen. I have compared to many at high end stores in Toronto and this is as good if not better!!!!!! What a fantastic find! Even our contractor was so impressed he is telling his other clients.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This looks just like a very very expensive option I was looking at.....people can believe the quality!!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Bang on
If youíre looking for a pot filler look no more, you will NOT be disappointed. This pot filler is absolutely gorgeous! It fits perfect with our remolded kitchen. We have now used it for a couple of months without any issues. It has a very high end look but without the expense. Excellent quality, the color is beautiful, polished very well, itís not bulky, does not leak (the valves work perfect), and shows no water spots or finger prints. This product deserves a 10-star not a 5.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
Shipped quick - Arrived in good condition - No flaws - Heavy fauct requires piping to be well secured to wall studs
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Right on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellant quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? OK - Could have used instalation specs and dimensional drawings on the listing
We purchased this potfiller faucet to replace a different model that was defective. Unfortunately, it didn't work with the fitting we had already installed so we are returning it. However, having had two others, this one looks much nicer then they did and it was heavier (solid metal it seems) than the other two.
I would like to preface this by saying a plumber did the installation, and I wasn't here when I did it, so I make no claims about that either way. As to the quality of the pot filler once installed, however, we have been very happy. We had it installed in a coffee center as part of a new kitchen build. Since it is in a cabinet, I am always vigilant to see whether it drips, but we have used it several times per week for almost a year, and it has not leaked one drop. It has two levers, one that controls water pressure and another for the on-off. Everything works as it should. Though I have ours enclosed, the pot filler (coffee machine filler) is really attractive and would look great out in the open as well. (Note-- I remember doing research on this when I was looking at pot fillers, but some have lead and some don't. Make sure you are getting one that is lead free. I think with this company it has something to do with whether it has a plus after it's item #?.)
I was hesitant to purchase this pot filler online since it would become such a prominent feature in my kitchen. But I needed a fixture for my roughed in plumbing and, truth be told, I bought this as a temporary solution. I was shocked when it arrived. It is of such a high quality I first wondered if Overstock.com accidently sent the wrong one. I was going to purchase one for **** once we were in the house but not now Ė I am sticking with this one . Iíve been shopping locally and have seen pot fillers in this category for over 600 dollars. If you are in the market for one and this one has the esthetic you are going for I wouldn't hesitate to buy it. Note: If you are building a new house as I am or remodeling, have your builder reinforce the rough in. It is that heavy. Also, we set mine centered over left burners and 15 inches above the range deck and it seems like that is the optimal setting.
This is a really classy faucet, we get compliments on it all the time. It looks so modern with the subway tile in our kitchen. I really like this faucet and I would buy it again for sure. One of the downsides is that if you pull the faucet a certain way, water will come of of the seam but you have to really try to bend it to do that.
This is a heavy duty commercial grade pot filler and solid in handling. Others recommended that the pipes be secured to wall studs. Fortuntaely, my contractor had already supported the pipe so it wasn't an issue for me to have it. The pot filler looks fabulous with my stainless steel hood, extends and folds smoothly and the double valve feature ensures no leaks or drips over my stove top. The flow rate is fast so we use it for pots, kids sports water jugs, Brita pitcher, etc. You will not be disappointed! For the price, we got a very high end product that really adds to the focal point of our hood.
This pot filler is absolutely beautiful. It looks like a pot filler that costs twice the price. We will be installing when the kitchen renovations begin in the spring. We have ordered many items for Overstock.com for this project and have been very pleased with everything we have purchased.
I checked the price of these taps everywhere in Canada and couldn't find anything comparable under $800.00. price and quality were fabulous. Shipping was another matter entirely. The package reached the boarder in 4-5 days but then it got transfer to who knows who. They had every excuse in the book as to why it didn't get delivered. They sent us an email that they would be delivering it on Thurs. we stayed home all day, no package so we phoned. The explaination was " You live in an apartment building and didn't give us the access code" We don't live in an apartment building and they never requested any code. The next time it didn't arrive it was because they transfered it to a different carrier, etc. etc. It took nearly 3 weeks to arrive. So if your in a hurry be aware.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seems very solid and well made. Super well packed.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? I was very satisfied with the discription.
I love this pot filler. The satin nickel works well with out stainless steel range. It was very easy for out plumber to install. No problems with the faucet. We use it frequently.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Spot on