I love this. I absolutely despise ironing, and this is an amazing alternative. For me, this absolutely replaces an iron. It's much easier to use because you use it on the clothing or drapes while they're hanging up, and you don't get the wrinkles that you do when trying to iron something flat. Now, this cannot starch things like an iron, obviously, but if you're just trying to get out wrinkles it is by far superior to an iron. It worked very well on my drapes. There was not one single wrinkle when i finished, and I never even washed them. I just took them straight out of the package wadded up, and then steamed them. It gets easier to use when you get used to handling it. The only time it sputters is when you get the hose kinked up or your water is too low or full. Make sure it's below the max line (I fill it to the line right beneath the max) and stop before it gets to the refill line. I feel like this is great for the price.
All the answers above are true of the product, if it had not had the defect of leaking steadily while in use. I don't believe that was a design flaw but simply a defect in this one item. The Overstocj Customer Service representative simply told me to return it. If another had been available, I would have order that as a replacement. As none was available, I ordered the smaller, hand-held model.
I have used professional steamers in the past, and this one really compares to to a professional one, without the $200 price tag, and the best part is that is super easy to carry around and store away. I took one star away on the rating because I wish the tube from which the steam comes out of was a few inches longer.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? it is exactly at it appears on the website... the colors and everything
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent quality, professional grade at a really low price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate, all the info is on there
The handle is too ridged for steaming. I would have had a handle you can hold without too much force in gripping.has a weak stream of steam, it is a good price but not very good too WouldntuseWouldn't recommend this product.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. not enough steam pressure.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fair