We were excited to try this mattress after buying the 8" foam mattress for the extra bedroom. The 14" mattress was even better. It is firm enough to situp straight in bed without feeling like the bed will bow, yet with laying flat there is great softness to the mattress. It is very warm after sleeping for a awhile. The mattress protector is an absolute must. My biggest issue with this mattress is that it is quite heavy and the UPS guy would not deliver it my home directly because of multiple flights of steps. So I had to pick it up at the UPS depot myself. Overall: Excellent mattress! Highly recommend it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality mattress. Great support and really confortable.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent.
I bought this mattress over a year ago. It has lived up to everything I hoped for. It is extremely comfortable and so far durable. We purchased the soft and we are happy with it. It is a joy to get in bed. I would recommend a mattress pad as as the cover on it is flimsy. Even if it last another 4 years, for the price it is well worth it and I would definately buy it again.
I ordered this bed on the recomendation of a friend. She too has back problems and told me how much better she felt sleeping on this bed. She was right! I have terrible back problems and this bed helps me sleep through the night. I have also had 2 major surgeries within 6 weeks of each other. I had open heart surgery and 6 weeks later had to have a VERY painful procedure to repair lung damage caused by the heart lung machine used during my heart surgery. Needless to say I have been in alot of pain. I was having to roll out of my old bed while clutching my chest; it was incredibly painful EVERY morning. The support provided by this bed has eliminated the need to slowly and painfully make my way out of the bed in the morning. Now I can get up like a "normal" pcerson. I highly recomend this bed to anyone who wants a quality bed at a GREAT price!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This bed is fabulous..well made..in perfect condition
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exactly as described
This mattress meets every expectation. The only difference between this and the name brands is the price. We got the firm and it REALLY is. Would love to compare it to the medium. Maybe in the guest room? Regular sheets fit this 14" snug. You'd need special deep pocket sheets for the 17".It arrived within four days of purchase and we slept on it that same night. Woke up very pleased with the purchase. Unlike our old pillow top mattress this will last for many years.
I bought this mattress because my daughter and her husband had purchased the very same mattress from O.com 4 years before and it was a great bed for them. They are both big people and after all that time the mattress was still firm with no indentations at all. Well, I have had my mattress for not quite a year and it has turned to mush! It is obviously not the same foam that it had been constructed with years earlier. I can not recommend this product as it is made from a cheap inferior foam. I would go so far as to claim that it isn't memory foam at all! Buyer be ware!
WE BOUGHT THIS AFTER RESEARCHING THE "TEMPUR***" SPECS. THIS MATTRESS WAS NEARLY IDENTICAL IN DENSITY TO THE VERY EXPENSIVE BRANDS. (WE BOUGHT THE FIRM ONE.) IT "INFLATED INSTANTLY, WHEN WE RELEASED IT FROM THE PACKAGING MATERIAL. IT IS VERY HEAVY AND NEEDS TWO PEOPLE TO PLACE IT. WE PLACED IT UP ON OUR EXISTING BOX SPRINGS FOR SUPPORT. THERE WAS NO SMELLS OR ODOR EMITTING AS DESCRIBED IN OTHER REVIEWS EITHER. WE LOVE THE MATTRESS SO FAR. HOPEFULLY, IT WILL HOLD UP. IF NOT, WE ARE AT LEAST 75% CHEAPER THAN THE OTHER BRAND SO IT WAS NOT A MAJOR, MAJOR FURNITURE INVESTMENT. WE HAVE WANTED A MEMORY FOAM MATTRESS FOR A LONG TIME, AND ARE NOT DISAPPOINTED. WE USED SEVERAL LAYERS OF MEMORY FOAM TOPPERS BEFORE OVER AN OLD MATTRESS AND THEY WERE HOT, BUT THIS MATTRESS IS NOT HOT, EVEN IN FLORIDA. JUST A NOTE, IF YOU LIKE A MODERATELY FIRM MATTRESS, AND ARE NOT SURE, I WOULD ORDER THE MEDIUM NEXT TIME. WE GOT THE FIRM ONE, HOPING THAT IT WOULD LAST LONGER. THANK YOU.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? N/A
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. EXCELLENT
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? ACCURATE
Definitely should have gone with the softer density. This bed is solid! It's been about two or three weeks of breaking in and getting used to a "medium" firm mattress and we definitely enjoy it. Sleeping much better than on our old mattress. We drug the rolled up mattress onto out platform bed and cut open the plastic. Within 30 seconds it unrolled and filled up to its final shape right on our bed. I noticed no smell at all and my wife noticed a faint one but we slept on it 6 hours later and have not had one complaint. Definitely would recommend. Even if it's not a Tempurpedic and doesn't last as long we feel like it would be better to buy one of these for 15-20% the cost every 2-3 yrs than spend so much more. Anything is better than an innerspring though!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? na
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
Having owned a TempurPedic mattress, this mattress is just as good. My son also owns one--an 11 inch thickness. Mine and his are both medium firmness, but I think the 14 inch mattress is a bit firmer than the 11 inch mattress. If the cost difference was an issue for the buyer, I think you would be safe with the 11 inch mattress. It has virtually eliminated low back pain and shoulder/neck pain from sleeping on a conventional mattress.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? NA
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Superior quality
Compared to the other mattress we bought on Overstock a few years ago, this one hasn't been worth it. It doesn't seem as if it is actually memory foam, pressing down on the mattress doesn't leave an imprint as it does in the picture, and laying on it just feels stiff, with no contouring (and it's the softest. I'm not sure what we're going to do next, but we'll probably stop buying mattresses off of Overstock.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Not so good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not really memory foam.
Bought the FIRM, and very glad we did. Like Goldilocks, we now have the MEDIUM in our teenager's room, and the SOFT in our elementary school aged son's room. And everyone is happy. I'd say the SOFT is best for a lighter-weight child; the MEDIUM for a teen, and the FIRM for adults. If you like a truly softer bed, the MEDIUM might work - but the FIRM isn't unforgiving the way some reviewers have commented - instead, it is a very comfortable, supportive mattress. I've tried the extraordinarily pricey versions as well, and this is every bit as comfortable if not more so. Very happy with this brand, even if it isn't THE brand.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good
Let me just say I got the extra firm and it was not firm enough. I am 6 foot and 250 pounds. By morning I needed help getting out of the hole in my mattress. Definately not for the heavy set. My friend who is half my weight loves sleeping on the mattress so he got an early birthday present as you can not return mattress's.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was pretty accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Looks like a high end mattress
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It looks like it was described.
I debated back and forth after reading the reviews about getting the average firmness or the firmer selection. I eventually went with the average and wish I wouldn't have. I think the medium firmness is a little squishy for me. I'm going to purchase (eventually) a half box to give the bed a little more height (which is an issue with the bed itself) but hopefully give the mattress a little more support. I think this was a good selection for the price. But you definitely get what you pay for with it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? NA
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Pretty nice
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good
I bought the extra firm and I am glad that I did. I owned a firm pillow-top mattress before and this is comparable. The mattress is very comfortable, sheets fit it well. It has a nice cover on it. Many of my friend of bounced and laid on the bed and a few are considering buying one.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality as expected
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate description
I love this bed I have fybromyalsia, I am always in pain. Now I am comfortable when I sleep. Wake up with no pain feeling refreshed. This is the best bed I have ever had. I am 70 years old and have suffered at night for a long time, just wish I would have bought it sooner.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? better than i ever expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. comfortable but firm,I fall asleep as soon as I hit the be. I wake up fresh and pain free.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect
My first mattress was a firm and i did not care for it, so i ordered a soft this time.....there is no difference in the feel between the firm and the soft... both are very firm
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? good
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
Sagged after 4 weeks.Very disappointed. However I am amply proportioned and this may contribute to the sag. But really, where's the rule that says you have to accept a saggy mattress because of obesity. It was for that reason I bought the fourteen inch. It should be stronger than it has been. So, my advice is to those who may have a BMI greater than 33.
I looooove this bed! I ordered it in soft along side with the foldable metal bed-frame from this site (a must if you cant fit a queen size box spring up the stair well like us) We had been sleeping on the same full sized mattress that we have had since our sophomore year in college and just couldn't take it anymore. We both love to read our nooks before bed and our elbows were constantly bumping into each other and the mattress itself was just done. We did order a memory foam topper so I knew what to sort of expect when I ordered this bed. I ordered soft because I've always been a pillow top person before discovering memory foam. It was still almost to hard for me in the first few weeks. I'm a side sleeper and would often wake up with a sore shoulder from the pressure but my back has never ever felt better. I would come home from work and just lay on the bed and my back would feel better. After several months this bed is perfect, much softer but gives just as much support. My dh said he walked across the bed a couple of times to try to soften it up, not sure if that actually did anything or not. I am beyond happy with the bed and would not change firmness level if I had to reorder it. The package it came in was huuuge, I couldn't believe a whole 14 queen size mattress was folded up in there. It comes rolled up and vacuum sealed in different layers of think plastic with cardboard surrounding it. I was able to move the mattress from the front porch into the mud room by myself (mid 20's, pretty good shape) but there is no way I could have gotten that upstairs to the bedroom by myself. We placed it on the metal bed frame before taking the last layer off so that we wouldn't have to worry about hoisting this thing onto the frame. We let it air out for 10 hrs before we slept on it. I couldn't really smell anything chemically but we have memory foam pillows and had a memory foam mattress topper so maybe we are just used to it. All in all it was one the best purchases I have made off of overstock, it took me like three months to finally bite the bullet because I hated the idea of spending so much money on a bed that I hadn't even touched but when we looked at similar beds in stores they three times the price. Just buy it! You wont regret it!
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? It waseven better in perfect.
- How is the quality of the product? Perfect, very luxurious in person. Soft fabric and feels substantial and like it will hold up for years.
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
Tried a friends Medium firmness matress and loved it. Went home and orderd ours. What we got is not even close to our friends. Both Medium, both queen, his is soft and comfortable. Ours is a Brick. I'm 6'3" 245. lying flat on my back the lower curve just above the belt line is not touching the mattress. I get the feeling that the manufacturer knows you cant return it, so WHY would they care if you got what you ordered. Very unhappy to through $500+ in the trash. The mattress itself is well made, looks great. I received a brick not a bed. Be Carefull, You Can't Return it !!!!
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? Top notch