Well, I had owned a waterbed for about 10 years, and wanted a change, so I decided to get a regular mattress to replace my waterbed. I searched online for a relatively inexpensive mattress, and my search led me to Overstock.com! I browsed the site, looking for quality mattresses at reasonable prices. I figured the reviews would be able to help me to make a decision. Once searching in my price range and size, it was quickly narrowed down to a handful of mattresses. Reading the reviews helped me to learn a lot here. I learned that I had a California King-sized bed, not just a regular King. Luckily, the product description had dimensions that I could read, so I was able to measure my current waterbed frame and find out what I needed. The mattress that I ordered fits perfectly inside the frame, leaving no awkward spaces anywhere. It is also tightly packed into a package when it arrives, so there is no need to worry whether or not you will be able to get it in certain doors or through certain doorways. I read that there could be an odor for a bit, but I didn't notice one until I went to sleep on it for the first night. It was only a faint, "new" smell. Nothing overbearing. One tip I have for you is to make sure you have adequate space to let the mattress take shape in, because I wasn't thinking 100%, and it started opening up and knocking things over in my room! I have only slept on it for one night so far, but it is quite comfortable. It's definitely a firm mattress, so if you can't handle a firm mattress, I recommend getting something else. Other than that, this is a great buy, and I don't regret it at all. I ordered and received the mattress within a week, and from the time I received it, got it in the frame and ready to sleep on within a couple hours. It took about an hour to take shape from the package that it arrived in. I hope this review helps you on making your decision!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly the same.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The site description was spot-on.
The Mattress is well worth the money! If you want a firm mattress this is it. I wanted a medium/firm. I am a side sleeper and it was not quite comfortable enough for me. I was lucky in the fact that I already had a 3 inch memory foam topper that I had used with my old mattress. Once placed on this mattress I have slept well and have been very happy! With everything said it is a very good purchase compared to the cost of a conventional mattress that doesn't last very long!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent Quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Described as medium-firm. I would call it firm.
The foam mattress was as described. We have been sleeping on the mattress for over 144 hour, and for me it is too hard, but my husband likes it, and it is not too hard for him. I would recommend this bed for people who like a very firm mattress.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It is of high quality, but it is still hard for me after 144 hours.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The site description was accurate.