I was a skeptic about buying a mattress online, however I performed thorough research on several mattress finding many of the higher priced memory foam mattress have side effects from the chemicals used in them per customer reviews of several website . This mattress seemed to stand out from the other memory foam ones as it is bed bug resistant, has a medium firmness and is decently priced. I have had the bed for a little over seven months now and feel comfortable writing a review, it is a great bed and really helps my lower back esp days I workout. The only thing I would say is have an alarm clock because you may oversleep due to the comfyness of the mattress
This mattress is fantastic! I opened it and within 3 hours it was fully expanded. There was no odor (as I read in some other reviews). I have had back pain for the last 5 years or so and after sleeping on this mattress, the pain is gone. It does feel very firm at first, but it's extremely comfortable. I would highly recommend this mattress to anyone.
It is super firm. The "Memory Foam" layer is very thin and the rest of the mattress is cheap foam. I wake up feeling achy every day. I had to get topper now I sleep better. I guess I guess if you like a firm mattress this is the one for you. I do like the washable removable cover.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Feels cheap
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Should include that it is Firm
This is a great, firm mattress; we are really pleased with it. It was easy to unroll, and the initial smell was minimal. Just be aware that if you purchase the warranty plan, a mattress pad comes with it. I wish we had known that before we purchased a separate one.
Like some reviewers here I was skeptical of this mattress living up to the hype then I finally received it and I have this to say: - Shipped and delivered within the estimated time - Mattress came tightly wrapped and was easy to unfold and setup - Faint 'new material' smell (to be expected) was apparent immediately but aired out after a few days and was gone after the 2nd set of clean sheets were put on the bed - Mattress is very comfy with a little give when you initially lie down on it before it firms up and seems to mold to the body. I can see why some people would want to put a light pillow top on. I like it firm. - Been sleeping exponentially better than with my old spring mattress. I will probably never go back to a spring mattress again. - Excellent value for the money and if i had to do it again, I'd do it the exact same way and through overstock.com. - I would and have recommended this option to friends looking for beds.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Close enough
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I'm not an expert on memory foam mattresses but quality appears to be fine
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pretty accurate
Received this mattress 3 days after ordering. (We live in AZ) Amazing. Comes highly compressed -- in less than 4 hours it was queen size and nearly ready to go. Has some odor from being compressed and packaged -- odor was gone within 2 -3 days. We used an air disinfectant on our sheets while they were on the mattress, and it seemed to help. Sooo comfortable. Seemed too hard at first, but within one hour had warmed with body heat, and became perfect. My husband and I both feel better, wake more refreshed, and just generally love this mattress!
I've had this mattress now for almost (but less than) 2.5 years. For the first year I owned it I was single and slept alone on it in heaven. I slept like a baby and woke up each morning feeling amazingly refreshed but now, less than 2.5 years later, the mattress that once was a dream has become a misery. And I see of course it comes with absolutely NO WARRANTY, which should be your first clue! In the beginning this mattress was sooo solid and I slept like a baby, so had I reviewed it early on, I would be one of the rave reviews. But now the mattress has broken down so that when my boyfriend (or I) moves, gets up, rolls over etc. I, he, we feel it, and I wake up in pain EVERY morning. One of my favorite features of the memory foam is that it is so solid and if one person moves around on the bed, it doesn't disturb the other. If you read carefully the product description, this bed has only a 4 inch layer of memory foam, the rest is your standard polyfoam mattress material and it WILL NOT stand up for very long (especially with two people sleeping on it. It has broken down very rapidly since two of us began sleeping on it regularly. So this is a great mattress for a short period, then awful.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. poor
This is a great mattress for folks who love firm mattresses. I read the previous reviews and knew what to expect when I received the mattress. The mattress took some time to flatten when out of the packaging, but we were able to sleep on it the first night we received it. This product offers firm support and has a wonderful dust cover on it. It seems to be quite durable so far-we've had it for a half a year and I've moved it several times.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality, very durable
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
I love this bed! I've had it now for about 2 weeks and my back pain is gone. It conforms perfectly to my body and has not heat issues so far. The product came on time and vertually no smell while setting it up. I slept on it that same night. I would definitely recommend this bed to friends! Thanks!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I love this bed! The quality is great.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
We plan to order another one for the guest room. Hope it's not a mistake causing the guest to stay longer than they planned...it is really comfortable and very firm but soft enough and not hot at all. The shipping package was incredible. When cut open, the mattress just popped and then 'swelled' to the perfect shape.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Didn't notice the color...guess it was very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It sleeps like an expensive mattress and we couldn't be more pleased.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exact
While this mattress is very firm, it is also very comfortable. I am thinking of adding an extra top in cotton, as I feel rather warm against the memory form. It had a strong smell when I first unwrapped it, but within a couple hours it was almost completely gone and I slept on it the first night without noticing the smell. Within a couple days the smell was completely gone. It comes wrapped up super tight, but as soon as you cut the plastic wrapper, it expands to it's normal size almost instantly. If you like a firm mattress, this is a really good choice for the price!
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Very good
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
I like this product very much. There was a little odor when I first unwrapped it, but I let it air out for one day, then put it on my bed with sheets and blankets and it was fine after that. It is very comfortable and I am not sleeping through the night without tossing and turning and having to flip over every hour like I did with my old mattress. I would highly recommend it to anyone, especially my family. It is a very good price for the size and quality of the product.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? not an issue
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. it is very nice, firm enough for my back and has a very nice cover
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
I've had this bed for two months now and it's the most comfortable thing in the world. My boyfriend agrees. We sleep so much better on this than my former $$$ pillowtop. It doesn't seem to be losing it's shape or anything, but we also only weigh about 300lbs put together, so I can't speak for people who are bigger.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
I was and still am very happy with this bed. It was a great price for such an amazing bed. Great night sleep and i chose it because it was anti bacterial/allergy and so far so good!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect description
Contrary to other reviews, there was no discernible odor from this and we slept on it the second night after arrival.Very comfortable and the first sleep on my own bed in weeks that I didn't wake up with a back ache!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? NA
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? excellent
I really like this mattress. It is firm but very comfortable to me. It is my first time using a memory foam but I will definitely get another one for my roll away bed. It arrived on time rolled up like a pig in a blanket. After opening and placing on my bed, it regained shape in less than a day. There were no smells that I could detect emulating from the mattress. I am very satisfied with my purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color of mattress on site pictures looks the same as the real one.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality especially for the price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The overstock description was very accurate.
This is the third Comfort Dreams memory foam mattress we have purchased from Overstock. We had purchased one for each of our two daughters, the first purchased in Spring 2010. They are still liking their respective mattresses, and we are still getting a great night's sleep on ours after three years. Something to note: We first tried using this mattress on top of our old innerspring mattress foundation, and it did not work (not enough support). We quickly purchased a mattress foundation with a thin, SOLID top for foam mattresses from a local furniture store. Paired with the comfort dreams mattress, it became the perfect set for us at an extremely reasonable price. I often recommend this mattress to others.
Bought this mattress in June 2010 and it was wonderful when I got it, best sleep ever but that comfort lasted only 2 years. I had it on a platform bed but I noticed that it was sagging in the middle where I sleep. I purchased a padded mattress cover and this helped a little, finally I had to purchase a 3" memory foam topper and this has helped some. Now the mattress is 14" high that means I need to buy deep corner sheets in order to keep them on.... and they're not cheap not even at O! So if you're looking for long term wear as well as comfort, then do your research really well. I had a latex mattress that lasted me 30 years and I finally got rid of it because the latex started to disintegrate, otherwise I would still have! B.T.W, I'm a single female, 5'5" tall and weigh 159 lbs.
I bought this mattress back in 2010. I was really pleased with it back then and now in 2014 I'm still really pleased with it. It is as good as new. What a great buy. It's firm but comfortable and hasn't lost any of its original shape. I'm getting ready to buy another one which is why I am researching my orders to ensure I buy the same one!
These are my first impressions of the mattress -- I'll follow up in a year or more to comment on how the mattress holds up over time. The mattress was packed in a thick, protective, plastic sheet. The cardboard "box" that was wrapped around it had fallen apart on arrival, but the plastic was rugged enough that the mattress suffered no damage. This is my first "generic" memory foam mattress. I loved my last one, which was name-brand. But, I wanted to see if I could get something just as good without the retail price tag. I guess I tend to prefer a firm mattress, and my previous name-brand mattress was a 4.5lb density. This mattress is advertised as 4lb, but it feels much softer to me than I remember. If I sit on the side, I sink much more deeply than I used to on my previous mattress. When I'm laying down it's much less noticeable. Overall, I'm still satisfied with the purchase.