Let's start with the positives - for the price this is a very solid, well-made, HEAVY piece of furniture. Did I say heavy? It's heavy! Everything from the frame, the wood, the mattress are all of good to high quality. The futon is comfy and soft yet you feel the support that's there without feeling the frame underneath you. The mattress is nice and thick. Haven't slept on it as a bed yet. The wood frame is solid, came without any scratches or defects, nice finish. The frame is solid, solid, SOLID. It's a very attractive piece of furniture and adds a nice, cozy feel to the reading/guest room we got it for. Negatives - some parts for assembling the frame did not fit into each other easily at all. The struts for the front and back had to be hammered to couple in. The "U hook" attaching the front to the back of the frame would NOT go into the openings so we hammered and oiled and hammered some more to get it in as best as we could. No cotter pin came in the bag of parts but we couldn't have used it anyway as we couldn't get the hook in as far as it should have gone to secure the 2 parts of the frame together. The instructions are TERRIBLE!!!! Awful, unclear, incomplete. The drawings are almost as useless. We eventually figured it out after 3 nights of trying. The drawers that go underneath the futon do not fit into tracks of any kind. They just roll in and out on wheels (one came damaged) and you have to line them up as you slide them in and out and they bump into each other and the sides of the frame unless yo line them up just right. The micro fibre cover the mattress comes with is a bit thin and although it has a zipper, there's no other liner for the inner stuffing so it didn't look like something I wanted to remove to wash. We had the extra expense of buying a separate micro fibre cover which was made of a much heavier fabric and could be zipped on off for washing. There is a funny chemical-like smell in the mattress that has taken a few weeks of leaving windows open (during winter) to air it out a bit. Seems like that smell will be there for awhile.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very well-made, sturdy, comfortable. The microfibre cover it comes with is a bit thin - had to buy a cover.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
I absolutely love this futon. I placeed it in my daughter's media room, and it's the favorite spot in the house. The mattress is thick and VERY comfortable. Assembly went well, and it only took me about an hour to put it together and have it in place and ready for use. The drawers are a nice touch as they provide a great place for the linen and pillows. I would recommend this futon to anyone.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The Natural color is just a touch lighter than it appears on screen.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It is made EXTREMELY well. Quality is great.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It was very accurate.
We received this futon during the week. We decided to sit down last night and put it together, there is split in both the sides of the wood that connects the futon(like you can see it will fall apart in no time). We called Overstock immediately and advised them this was damaged, Half the stuff is still in the box, they told us we have to WAIT 10 DAYS , for FEDEX to come over and inspect the broken item, then only we will get our money back. It is not our responsibility if this broke in transit or if it was packed broken, now we have to take time off from work to stay home for Fedex to look at it and inspect it, then they will decide what needs to be done, and in the meantime we are out of almost $***. How ridiculous is this, the representative David, made it sound like it was our fault and this is their policy and we have no choice but to wait. Will never order another item from Overstock again, we have been rebuilding from Hurricane Sandy and gave them a lot of business in the past month, but not anymore. Horrible Customer Service when they make it sound like the broken item is your fault.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Who cares- its damaged
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The wood is split everywhere
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not accurate at all.
I like this futon very much. My husband put it together by himself in just a couple of hours. Futon is very comfortable to sleep on and it is used every night. I highly recommend this futon. I do have a question though for others who have this bed....is there a trick to getting it back to a couch? It goes into bed mode very easily but to get it back to a couch is taking 2 adults and lots of attempts and some swearing. Perhaps we are not doing it correctly.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
The quality is great once it was put together. We did not see the notice attached to the box about corrected installation instruction. As a result, two men (my husband and a friend) put the futon bed together incorrectly - the two drawers did not fit the futon bed properly. My husband and another friend disassembled it and put it together again. It was lots of the work. Overall, it is a good quality futon bed. It is comfortable for one person sleeping on it. The futon bed provides adequate storage space with two sliding drawers under the bed and with the two arms..
This futon was incredibly hard to assemble. It is also not nearly as comfortable as we expected it to be. When it is being used as a couch, you can feel the handles digging into your legs. The structures seems pretty sturdy but the drawers are quite small and we don't like how they roll on the floor. Not at all what we were expecting.
This futon is good and works well for what I got it for (a futon for office/guestroom, to be used mainly when guests come). My main complaint is that it was missing a few pieces: one of the wheels for the under-the-bed drawers Nail-holes to nail the armrests to the arms. I'm not sure what to do about this, as I don't have a drill. So far I've been living without the armrests attached. :( The futon is fairly comfortable for sleeping on. I've slept on it for about a month while waiting for my new bed. The mattress seems a lot thinner than I had expected it to be, but it is still pretty comfortable. Also, the material doesn't feel like microsuede to me, it feels like some soft but flimsy cloth version of microsuede. I've had microsuede couches before, and this is definite not it, or at least a much cheaper version. On the plus side, it looks just like it does in the picture, it was fairly easy to put together (it took myself and a friend a couple of hours and a six-pack of beer), and it goes up and down really easily.
Very well made and solid piece of furniture. Had minor issues with parts but Overstock was very prompt with resolving the issues. Highly reccomend buying product and customer service is excellent,above and beyond!! A+++ service ;>)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect!!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. NIcely made, heavy duty, not flimsy at all.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
Most futons are flimsy and not to sturdy this one is very well made, very heavy. Many color choices and super comfortable. Where else can you get a futon mattress with springs. Assembly a little tricky but we mastered it. And shipped for $2.95 what a score.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes, spot on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very well made sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
This is a true queen sized futon. It was fairly easy to assemble and really nice quality. I did have to put a "bumper" on the rail where the frames hit together. Just couldn't stand that clank. After that it is perfect. Had guests stay and they said it was awesome to sleep on. The back is very high due to the queen size but it is still comfy for sitting as well. Very good product and also a great value.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Right on.
Great product, great price. The mattress is very comfortable and looks great in the guest room!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The colors were as photographed.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate!