I have had this grill for about two weeks and have used it almost everyday. It works as advertised. The clean up was easy. I smoked a rack of ribs with apple chips and they tasted great. The apple smoke coated the interior of the grrill but it was easy to clean off with soap and hot water. The materials the grill are constructed of appear to be of high quality. Except for the dome, which get slightly warm , the exterior stays cool to the touch. This one of the best purchases I've made in a long time.
Great grill, loved it, highly recomended! Took it camping, cleaned it with paper towells, took it home, put the cooking parts in the dishwasher and it was like new. Cooked cornish hens and they came out delicious and the smell while cooking was fabulous.
No thanks to UPS for me getting this grill, Overstock had to send two to make sure I got one because of a non-working tracking number on the first grill sent. I eventually got both grills and had to send one back, but it was well worth it. I use only 6 oversize briquets and one fire starter pack, giving almost 2 hours of usable cooking heat. A few small pieces of hickory on top and you'll have one of the tastiest grilled steaks you've ever tasted. So far steak is all I've cooked with it but it is a great little unit, especially for a single person like myself. Thanks Overstock for taking care of the shipping problem and giving me a heads up on a great grill.
We love this grill! It is everything it advertises and more! Perfect for meals for 1-4 people, it is simple to use and clean. We get rave reviews from guests from the steaks we cook with this small, efficient grill. Very portable, so you can take it anywhere and have a cookout!
I bought this without realizing the small grilling area, so gave it to a friend who beach camps a couple of times a year and she was really delighted. she told me this was as fine as anything on the beach. It was too small for me and I am too old to go camping and it was too heavy for me (I'm 73) to be carrying in and out of the house for its use. I would recommend to anyone who camps and pitches a tent for several days at one site.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? ?this is all stainless what color would it be!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. this is a very well made heavy product
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? quite accurate
I priced this grill on several other sites and by far, the price from Overstock was the best! There is nothing lacking in this grill. I wish O sold the rest of the pieces as I ended up paying alot more at the Cobb store.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Top quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
This is the greatest portable grill I have ever owned. Gave two more away as Christmas gifts. The Overstock price was better than any merchant I found on the web.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? spot on
I've owned one of these grills for a few years now. Compact design makes it perfect to take camping. Works so well, I find myself using it instead of my full sized grill when at home. Only takes about 10 charcoal briquettes and 2 1/2hours to roast an average chicken. Water moat steams while cooking keeping meat incredibly juicy. I have purchased no less than 10 of these as gifts. With the available different cooking surfaces it's not just for grilling. I make bacon, eggs, grilled cheese, stirfry, and grilled veggies as well. Can't go wrong with one of these.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Stainless steel so easy to clean
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very well made
Used it once, threw out the ribs, and put it in the cute carrying bag. Overprice by $100.00 Be careful buying this, Overstock only refunds on items new in box. Not much help for a grill.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. O.K. I guess
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It looked like the description, but the performance is a bit lacking
The very first thing I grilled was a 5 pound prime rib and it did a superb job. It took about 3 hours and it came out perfectly. I did double the number of briquets, i.e. 20 instead of 10 and never had to replenish with more. I also purchased from Cobb, the rack and extender to accommodate the size of the prime rib. I am very pleased with this purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It did not have the "premier" emblem down the side of it like is advertised on the Cobb website.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
Haven't used the product yet. Got ready to use but there was no firestarter. Didn't realize I had to purchase this item seperate, because there was no mention on the product, so I ended up using the parks grill. Still contemplating returning, don't know if it's worth the money.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? Not sure, it seem to be good
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? It needs to state, firestarted sold seperately
I purchased this for my sister, she lives in an apartment, and she couldn't be happier with her new grill. It is the perfect size for people in apartments and is a great size for grilling. Not only does it grill, you can smoke food too without smoking out your neighbors. You use a minimal amount of charcoal, and if you want extra flavor, you can add some wood chips. My sister says you can cook a whole meal on it. When she used it first, she cooked four good size steaks with no room issues at all. If I didn't already have a propane grill, I would definitely buy on of these for myself. Bon Appetit people!
We purchased this grill several weeks ago and have used it several times, I'd say there is a learning curve for sucess. Our potatos had to be finished in the microwave and a whole chicken took longer than expected. To remedy that we decided to add additional brickettes during cooking to produce more heat. That said we intend to take it camping and it's size will work great for the 2 of us. The grill came with no accessories and we improvised the grilling rack with one from our toaster oven. We do like it and will use it on our trips.
I had read lots of reviews on the Cobb. This was a great price. It's a neat little grill/oven/smoker. I bought it mostly to use as a mini-smoker. It's just hubby and me, so we don't need a giant smoker. So far I have made a wonderful pork loin roast, smoked with Jack Daniel smoking pellets on top of the charcoal, and a lovely split chicken cooked the same way. Divine flavor and texture. I have not tried it as a grill (steaks or burgers). The charcoal lights great and heats fast and it only uses 8-10 briquettes so it's very thrifty. I can't wait to try more things....like a small turkey breast. Be aware you have to clean it after use - it's not hard but if you aren't willing to do that, don't waste your money. Great buy, great product that lives up to its billing. Get it.
Sells elsewhere for as much as $300 or so. I have used it 3 or 4 times a week since it arrived. Excellent performance. Easy to clean up. Uses very little charcoal. Pretty amazing little grill. Perfect for 2. Have done up to 6 small steaks at one time w/o a problem. works as a smoker too. much easier to use and clean than my old grill. very happy with this purchase.