The directions for putting it together were good. It was easy for me and my husband--I did most of it and it could easily be done by one person alone. It seems very sturdy and turns without spinning--I had my grandkids test it out and they complained it didn't spin, but they could turn it around without too much difficulty. I like the leg adjusters and the different heights. The lower height is perfect for counters, I think 24" is just too short. My only complaint is the finish work on it. There is black caulking on some areas--some of it is to disguise welds, which works well enough. The caulking around the wooden portion of the back is absolutely horrid. I know children that could do a better job. Very sloppy and takes away from the appearance. In addition, that wooden piece isn't set straight in the caulking which just adds to the overall impression of sloppy work. It's not so bad that I am returning it, but I will be stripping out that caulking and redoing it. Too bad they couldn't hire someone to carefully do the caulking considering the impression it makes--that finish work is what makes this a 3 star review instead of 5 star.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Overall quality good, finishing touches need help
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
This bar stool was such a disappointment! The quality was so much less than that I expected. I read the reviews carefully before purchasing and was truly shocked at how junky the stool actually was. People raved on the quality and how great it looks. Wrong, wrong, wrong! The chair arrives in a bunch of pieces and is just not very solid after being assembled (compared to most stools that you would find in stores, which are soldered together). My husband (not overweight) sat on the chair and you could see the thin legs flex out at the bottom. I truly doubt these would last with regular use. Also, the chairs are very cheap in appearance. The description says that the stool has cherry "veneer" and it is truly just plastic molded to look like wood. It looks almost passable from the front but the back side looks even less wood-like and very plain. Please save your money and the hassle of returning these things. Just awful!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was accurate in overall picture of chair and too bright in color on the close up of the seat.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Cheap and very wobbly! VERY low quality. The fabric on the seat was the nicest part, but the rest was junk.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The "wood veneer" is actually 100% brown plastic, molded to look (sort of) like wood.
We have had these stools for three years and they are very durable. We needed to fill up some space around our counter so we just purchased three more. The cushion material wears well, hides stains and even with kids we have had very little issue until recently when a weld broke because the kids stood on the lower rung. It is not made for body weight. The overall construction of the stool is great.
Thiis product was easy to put together; however, the quality of the craftmanship is poor. But, it was too much trouble to send back and is usable -- just not the quality one would prefer.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. poor
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
I purchased 3 stools. Fairly easy to assemble. Have had them for 2 years or so and are still in good shape.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Fairly close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Sturdy and well-made
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
Our chairs arrived promptly and we set out to put them together. The directions were actually easy to understand, unlike some I've seen. There were a lot of pieces, but they were all there and for the most part, the chairs went together smoothly. We had trouble with one of them because the back of the chair didn't want to slip into the slots it was designed to slip into and we had to force it in with a little careful hammering, but it's on there good now and no damage done. There were some scratches in the metal finish, not too noticeable now that it is all put together, but you might want to get some rubbed- bronze color paint to touch them up if you are very picky. I like the upholstery and wood and metal... it all blends nicely with our rustic home. And we have had several people say how much they like them.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very close to what I expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. medium quality... not bad for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
I read all the reviews on this product and they were all very good. I needed stools that fit my kitchen counter and these, with the 26" legs option, fit perfectly. (The other included legs are 32") The stools came well packaged but did require significant reassembly. Since my husband was away, I put them together without too much difficulty myself. Only issues I had, as noted in another review, was some pre-fab holes did not match up. I purchased three chairs and had three holes that did not match up. I screwed the screws in the best I could at an angle and the chairs seem very sturdy, so I was not concerned. Perhaps if I had taken more time, I could have aligned them up better? All the other screws tightened up nicely, so I think it will hold up. The individual legs have a adjustment on the bottom for eliminating wobble. That was not in the directions. My husband showed me this when he returned. The chairs, with the wood inlay, look very nice with my Cherry kitchen cabinets. I would recommend this purchase. Price was good and Overstook is quick to ship. I have not had a problem with Overstook yet.
Ordered three of these stools and loved the look of them, however, the seat height was not as tall as listed (I measured after putting one together) so had to send them back. I'm a smallish female and had no problem putting the stool together. The stool I put together had obviously been returned, but all the parts were there and I thought the stools were beautiful and just as good quality as those I've been looking at in stores for over $250.00. I'm only giving it 2 stars because the description is wrong.
We needed stools that were a little taller than the average. I like that the product came with two diff. height for the legs. The only complaint really is it was difficult to remove the plastic around the seat without some of it breaking off. They seem quite sturdy and with kids that is a must. So far we have been very happy with the stools and durability.
These stools are much prettier than depicted in the pictures. I bought two of them to use with a portable bar cabinet, which is in a recessed area in our living room. These stools are just what that area needed to dress it up! They are very comfortable & swivel easily. There was a bit of confusion with the assembly instructions, but everything worked out well. Overall, I am very pleased with the stools and would recommend them to anyone. Great price, Great quality, Great value!
I bought 2 of these stools I think in 2008. The are just exactly what I wanted. Then we moved into a ranch style home that has an existing bar in the family room. We don't use it for a bar, but it does work great for doing paperwork or playing games. So I went back to Overstock and lucky for me, they had 3 left. BINGO! I bought one more for the inside of the bar to sit on and I couldn't be more pleased! !!!
My husband spent the evening putting these together and the finished product is stunning. They are VERY solid and look far more expensive than what I paid. I am so pleased, and the cushions and wooden touches on the backs make these quite unique compared to all the others I looked at. Wonderful chairs!!
These stools are great. They were not too difficult to assemble. My husband is not terribly handy, but he managed to get them together with a minimum of difficulty. They are very sturdy and strong. They are quite attractive as well, and they blend very well with our breakfast room furniture. We especially like the flexibility to use them as bar stools or as counter-height stools. I like to use them when I am chopping vegetables or preparing recipes. It is easier on my back to be able to sit at the bar or counter to do these things. We are very pleased with these stools, and we have received many compliments on them. We highly recommend them to others.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Well described and well pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. These are sturdy, strong, and attractive stools.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was very accurate.
My husband put one together so far. Took him a while and he is very handy but now that he knows how one went together the other 3 will go quicker, I imagine. Stool is exactly what I wanted and is just like the picture. Wood on the back matches my new cherry cabinets well. Fabric on seat is beautiful and we plan on scotchgaurding them. Very comfortable. I will be interested to see how durable they are.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Product quality is good. Haven't really used them yet so not sure how they will hold up.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate!
I would not buy these again because of the poor quality and the fact they are made in China. These stools are poorly made.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very well
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. lacks quality. We had to send one of two back because the weld nuts that hold the back were broken loose. Also the back is loose on one of them after only about 3 weeks use. I can't see these lasting any time at all.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? OK
The stools were exactly what I ordered. They arrived in a very timely manner. The only problem was that the screws would not go in to attach the back to the seat assembly.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very sturdy. Did have a little trouble fitting the back to the seat.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Great