not what i expected! due to the fact that the item comes in two pieces not one and when you lay back on it you don't feel secure.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. ok
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? ok
The chair itself is beautiful. BUT, if an individual sits in that chair they had better be light in weight. I enjoy it for reading a good book, but my other half sits in the chair and it wobbles as it's just not of top quality construction materials. He's a guy of average height and weight. It just isn't made of solid quality. But for the price I guess you get what you pay. Also when the chair arrived, their were pieces missing. So we had to purchase them rather than sending the chair back and paying the shipping. Overall, I'd not order this chair again. It's fine if you want a piece of furniture to take up space and not really use. Other than that, I'd not recommend it for the quality of the construction material.
This is a great chair for my Jack Russell , he does not want to get out of it , he really loves the leather.Nice extra chair for the living room , not made for heavier people , if you are a smaller person , it is great, the back could have been a little higher to protect your neck!!! came very quick and was simple to put together and it matches my bar stools perfect...Love you Overstock...
You get what you pay for. Overall the chair is very comfortable to sit in. The quality however needs improvement. Cotton comes up between the seams every so often and no matter how tight you screw the legs on, they spin if you move the chair. Not a bad though for what your paying for it.
Moderately difficult to assemble bolts for correct alignment. No instructions were included. Good item once finally put together.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? As described
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? As described
I was very excited to get my pair of chaise as a bday gift from my hubby. I have had an eye on them for sometime. I do want to state that having them arrive in two pieces that had to be constructed by me was not what i expected. The construction was not difficult and I love the way they look in my bedroom. However my complaint is that the legs are not staying in place they remain very loose, so my husband is cutting some new legs that i will stain and attach. I am still very happy with my purchase but i would have liked them even more if it were one whole chaise. This was my first purchase on O.com and i am confident it won't be my last.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly as advertised
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
Love the style, size, and strength of this piece. I have had it for only a few days, but it is clearly a sturdy piece, and the bicast leather will most certainly wear well with pets and kids in our home. Very comfortable. My husband is about 6' tall and around 200 lbs, and fits very comfortably on this piece. Several inches left for a slightly taller person to be comfortable. Only thing that could be improved is the height of the back support. It would be nice if it were about 12 inches taller so that it could support the head. As it is, the piece provides adequate support to the neck down. Nevertheless, it's still very comfortable and, if you "slide down" and put a pillow behind your back, you can rest your head, as well. Love the piece. Love the look. Love the value. Would certainly buy again.
I really liked this chaise for about 4 months. It was nice looking and very comfortable. The back of it kept loosening up, so we reinforced it with more bolts. After 9 months the seat completely wore out. The chaise is supposed to handle 250 pounds and the heaviest person in my family is 200. I wouldn't recommend this for anyone over 150 pounds.
I debated for a month whether or not to order this chaise. I have always had good luck ordering from overstock, but had never ordered a piece of furniture online before. I'm so happy I did!! Took a week to arrive, which was faster than I anticipated since we live in the middle of nowhere. Box arrived slightly damaged but nothing to be alarmed about. I'm not athletic by any means and I was able to easily get it in my front door and into the living room without help. After a thorough inspection I determined everything was in perfect condition and assembly took about an hour. It would have likely been faster if I saved it for my husband to assemble but I wanted to surprise him before he got home from work. I've had the chaise less than 24 hours but so far so good! It is firm, but the perfect place to sit and read. I'm 5'6" and I fit perfectly on it! My husband commented it was smaller than he anticipated, but I love it! It fits perfectly in our extremely tiny (military housing) living room and looks great. I would definitely recommend it to a friend! Trust me, I spent countless hours surfing the Internet trying to find a chaise but kept coming back to this one. I really should have just saved myself some time and ordered it the first time I saw it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
We love this chaise. It's in our bedroom and serves the purpose we bought it for. It looks nice and allows for more positions than your bed or just bending over the dresser. Yes, we use it for *that*. We had read some reviews that were worried about it not supporting their weight. We were concerned by this, but for the price (we paid $260 delivered - 2nd day!) we decided it was worth a shot. We can only conclude 1 of 2 things about these reviewers: 1) They assembled it incorrectly - do NOT tighten the screws until it is 100% assembled and then tighten them like you would when changing your tire. 2) They are incredibly over weight. We love the thing, I'm sure you will too.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality far exceeds the price. Not the same as a $5,000 leather chaise, but we're not worried about it falling apart or anything.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Right on
I don't know why people are hating on this chaise lounge. I just received mine and it took about 20 minutes to put together. It's exactly as described and I had zero difficulty in putting it together. If I had a electric screw gun I would have been finished in 3 minutes.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Looks and feels as it was described online
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
I got this chaise recently and I must say it is not exactly what I anticipated, but I am content with it. The fabric does not appear to be real leather. It is probably a bonded leather, which the industry considers leather. It feels more like a high-grade PVC. There is a swatch under the chaise and IT is leather, but the chasie fabric is not. I know, too, because I smelled the fabric and it does not have the leather scent. (This is the reason I could only give the product four stars) I am 6 feet tall and fit comfortably in the chaise. I put a neck roll in the small of my back and even still my heels hit at the foot of the chaise. Without the neck roll it seems like the back should be higher - so that I can lay my head back, but with the pillow behind me the height of the back of the chair is not an issue - even laying my head back against the back is comfortable. There are four long enough screws to connect the back to the seat of the piece. Screwing them together was a little tedious, but not too strenuous for a female! :) I must admit that one of the screws turns continuously and as I went back to tighten the other ones completely it was sort of hanging out. After which I was able to push it in with my finger. It does not seem to affect the stability of the chair; I was able to lie back without it moving about and without fear that I couldn't apply pressure. The legs are very easy to attach and are secure the chaise is stable overall. The color is a shade or so lighter than what it appears to be in the pictures. (so it is a little off from my headboard, but it's not THAT noticeable). It is a welcome addition to my bedroom, complements the fireplace nicely! I would recommend this chaise to a friend.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? a shade or two lighter than I imagined based on the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quaility, sturdy. one of the four screws connecting the back to the seat will not tighten and literally can be pushed in with my finger now, but the back still seems pretty flush with the seat.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? it was pretty accurate, but this does not appear to be leather, more like bonded leather. Seems like a high grade PVC!