I'm using this tower in my kitchen to store small appliances on. I have very little storage and counter space, so this was a wonderful addition. I was able to get my toaster, food processor, small George Foreman grill, radio and a cookie jar on it and off my counter! The tower was easy to put together and is easy to clean.
perfect size for a smaller bathroom that needs storage for towels, washclothes, guest hand towels. The shelves are exact size, do not expect to be able to place folded over sized towels on them. Rolled towels work well.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good for price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
we live in an eduardian flat in san francisco, which has a split bath (shower/sink in one room, toilet in another). like most eduardians & victorians, we don't have much storage space, including in our bathroom. we'd had shelves that took up way too much space in our small shower room as it was hard to find something that fit well. after much searching, this tower was perfect. the open shelving didn't block the light coming in from the window and allowed us a place to nicely store our towels and toiletries (we used fabric storage baskets in a complementary color, which fit perfectly on the shelves). my husband put together the shelves quickly and without trouble -- all the parts were there as well. it's pretty sturdy. most important, it looks fantastic.
The ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS for this Linen Tower are by far the worst I've ever seen!! There are NO WORDS on any of the pages!!! Just Step 1, Step 2, etc. with a picture and arrows!! It was a nightmare putting it together!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. fair
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fair
Product arrived quickly. Product was as described and fits perfectly for my needs.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was as stated.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Product is sturdy and utilitarian.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Product was as described.
Overall, it's a good linen shelving unit for my small bathroom and measurements fit in the tiny corner I have. The assembly was very easy. The picture however does not show the "break" in the tower. You assemble the top portion, then the bottom portion and stack them on top of each other, screwed together of course. It comes in essentially two pieces stacked on top of each other so there is a clear seam in the front and it's not one tall piece...I found it odd but may be for easier shipping purposes, idk. I'd rather have a better look than that but for the price comparable with others I've found, it's sturdy. Also, the one I received seemed to have some scratches nicks in the paint but I did not feel like repackaging it and sending it back. It works and with a child, I'm sure it will not stay perfect anyway.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Okay
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Almost Accurate - Does not come in "one" piece, rather two stacked on top of each other and screwed together.
I bought one of these from Overstock several years ago and love it, so when I had a chance to use a pair, I bought a second one. It's not surprising that they changed the design in six years, but they've made it less attractive--you can see the midpoint seam from across the room--and the quality seems much less--some of the holes didn't have the threads to screw the screws into. It's fine as long as you keep it against the wall for support and you can jerry-rig the missing joins, but it's not as good as the one I bought several years ago.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fair.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fair.
I ordered this for my bathroom since I have no medicine cabinet. It seemed good for the price...until it arrived. One piece was broken and another was missing...just not even shipped. I called customer service...and with multiple phone calls it too more than two weeks to receive the replacement parts!! They told me they had been shipped and I only received one piece. So back to square one, living out of a box in my bathroom. When I finally got the final piece and put it together, with the terrible directions, one of shelves is on about a 30 degree angle. This probably happened bc my pieces were now from different sets due to the replacement parts so the holes didn't line up. This couldn't be an error in the set up bc all the holes are already there for you. Since I had already waiting 3+ weeks since my initial order and was so fed up! I didn't even both with customer service again. I just deal with a very crooked top shelf. Between the bad customer service and bad product quality, I can promise this is my first and last purchase I will ever make at overstock.
Obviously this company has really poor quality control as the product reviews are so varied. I can only state that the unit I received had holes drilled that were approximately 1/3 larger than the screws and fixtures that were meant to fit in them. The product immediately collapsed each time it was placed upright. After about 40 minutes of aggravation, the product was re-boxed and set aside for return. On the plus side, the Overstock.com returns department was truly amazing. They immediately issued a return shipping label, notified me when the item was received and readily refunded the full purchase price. Although I would never recommend this product to anyone (OK, maybe someone I would want to psychologically torture), I would readily order from Overstock again as their customer service was superior.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Extremely poor. All of the holes drilled were larger than the corresponding screws and fixtures, therefor the product could not be assembled.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Well, the one pictured is standing; mine could not stand.
I would not buy this again. The shelves are too small to hold linens or anything else. I purchased to fit a specific space but am using it for shelving in the closet instead.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was a advertised
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fiberboard as expected for the price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? I expected the full 12" shelves to be usable. The shelves are obstructed by the upright boards on all four sides.
It's a great and nice looking shelf. It fit the need I had and the space perfectly. I wish it was a bit taller and it is a touch wobbly. However, it works for what I needed it for and overall pleased with it. It took a bit to process the instructions but not too hard to put together. I recommend putting together one side on it's side and laying the other pieces on top.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly as expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Sturdy pieces that all look very well made
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate. Fit my space perfectly.
This is a very sturdy linen tower. My main gripe is that it is difficult to clean. Stains get ingrained in the paint so it might be beneficial to coat with a layer of lacquer in advance of using so that stains will wipe off with ease. Otherwise it's sturdy.
It shipped quickly, arrived quickly, was easy to assemble, and looks great in the corner of my room holding a collection of minerals and crystals. I wouldn't give it five stars because of the crack in one of the pieces. But for the price I can't complain too much.
I love the towel tower. My only complaint is it came with a little crack in one spot. I called customer service and they gave me compensation for it, and they were very nice about. It looks great in my newly painted bathroom. I am happy with it.
The wood had split at the top of the piece, where a hole had been drilled for a screw to be inserted. This should have been caught by quality control at the factory. I ended up hiring the neighborhood handyman to build shelves where I had intended to put this, and for only $100 more, including materials, got an attractive, sturdy custom closet.
My condo does not have a linen closet so I got this to hold all of the my towels. It was easy to put together, is nice and sturdy, and doesn't look cheap. My bath towels are thick and fluffy, so when folded each shelf holds 2. It is true white.