This little oven is a perfect on the counter size. It holds the small frozen pizzas and "doggie bag tins". It has a nice look as well. However,,, there is no actual temp control. You can bake, or broil but have no idea what the temperature is. Which is frustrating because I'm a big tv dinner person, and prefer the oven over the microwave. It toasts fine. The only other thing that drives me nuts is the constant ticking while it is on. Its like a giant egg timer. Overall... it does the job it was purchased for.
I spent less than $$$ for this toaster. I was not expecting miracles, but functionality. And, I got it. If you want to bake, cook and do big "toaster oven" jobs, get something else (and you will have to pay more for it). If you want something small to warm up toast, bagels or to warm up that burrito with beans, cheese and chile, this is the little toaster for you.
It serves me well and fits into a cabinet space I had -- can open the door to and using the the toaster with having to move it, thus it does not take up counter space. It is simple and staight-forward in design and toasts on one or both sides as needed. Only drawback might be that there is only one heating unit per side and toast is not uniformly toasted.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Black
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good enough
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
I bought this for my mother for Mothers Day, and she has used it every day since. She lives in South Texas and since it's already very hot there she is enjoying cooking meals without heating up the entire house with the big oven. She has broiled steaks and baked potatoes as well as making bread and pizzas. No complaints at all.
I am not really pleased with the produt because you cannot set an actual temperature for the oven. There is one standard setting. Also, the timer only goes to 15 minutes and you have to use the time to turn the unit on. The timer is LOUD ticking the whole time the unit is on. The only reason I am keeping the unit is that my husband, not knowing I was just trying the toaster out, threw away the packaging. I wish I had bought another Black and Decker for just a little more money.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. fair
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fair
I wanted a oven mainly for toasting, and this product does the job.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Good for the money
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
It works well. The only thing I miss is the temperature setting.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
We have a small space for a toaster oven, I wanted white and this was one of the few I could find. We hate it. There are only two control knobs, unlike our old one with three. The toast control knob is impossible to use with any accuracy so you have to stand and watch your bread toast or it will burn. Sometimes the ticking is audible sometimes not. Mostly your toast doesn't turn out right. We are so disappointed with this.
I really do not like toaster ovens, but my husband does, He toasts corn muffins and bagels in this oven. Anything to big for a toaster. He also likes to heat things up. He uses this crisping up the top of baked clams etc. . We have not used it to cook meals yet but will be doing it shortly.
We needed to replace our old 'Oster' toaster oven which we had for years! Nothing fancy but served our purposes! We couldn't locate another in size and color until we saw this one on 'Overstock'! I ordered through my Bank of America Visa card 'Add It Up' and saved some extra money! Low and behold the new toaster oven was the exact same as the old 'Oster'. This one was an 'Elite'. So glad somebody still makes it!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? White as white! Hard color to find anymore! Most are stainless steel/nickel!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent for the price and the size!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate!
The toaster oven was inexpensive but a great deal. It does the job without all the extra buttons.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? right on