I read all the other reviews before purchasing this product. I really was looking for yellow mustard like curtains. Many (most) of the reviews mentioned how the curtains had a tint of green to them, 70 styles, chartreuse green ect. I was prepared for that to happen and thought I could work with it, if it happens (crosses fingers, hopefully it doesn't). However, when it arrived and I opened the package, not only was it not bright yellow mustard but it was not even yellow tinted with green or chartreuse yellow//green ect. It was an ugly, dull olive green. Now, I actually enjoy the color of olive green. But this was the ugliest and dullest olive green ever. Not to mention, that to an addition to the terrible color, the texture of the curtains were not what I expected. They made me think of a corduroy almost. I will not hold the texture against the curtains too much, for perhaps I didn't read the description properly. The color however was terrible. It was so far off from the picture and also the other reviews as well, which I was half expecting to get. Considering these are priced by each panel and not even as a pair..100% not worth it, nor worth the time it took to resend (which I definitely did) I thought I found the perfect curtains (even with the possible green notes), but instead found I made the worst decision ever.
Love the drapes. I had been looking for solid yellow drapes to compliment gray and white decor. These were exactly the shade I wanted. They pop against my freshly painted gray walls in my dining room. They have a nice weight and are ideal for year round.
The quality of the curtains seems really nice, although not my style. Other reviews warned about the color not matching, but I took my chances anyway and for me it just didn't work out. It really has a lot of green to it and it just didn't go with my decorating. They definitely have a 70's feel to them. As long as you know that and are ok with a green undertone, you might like them. However, if your hoping for the mustard yellow you see on the photo, you will be disappointed.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? not even close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
When I first opened the package, I hoped the light from the window would lighten the drab-looking color I saw. I would never call the color chartreuse. I love that color. It was much more of a dull greenish yellow, not bright at all like in the photo. The fabric was very heavy, more like a blanket than curtains. Also, there were so many snags and loose threads that I returned them mostly for that reason. Color is one thing, but the quality seemed terrible. Looked like a cat had clawed them a little bit.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The actual color was much more greenish.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fabric felt really heavy and almost and very synthetic, almost like a shamois cloth.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not accurate enough to stop me from purchasing them.
We're a military family. And we've decided to go the distance in our gov't housing. We get no natural sunlight and for that reason, I decided to just go nuts with colors. Our rug is very colorful and luckily makes it very easy for us to just find things that might not necessarily match but will still look good. So to brighten up my room, I painted one accent wall (again, NO SUNLIGHT) Behr Asparagus and the other smaller wall with a window, Behr Shallow Sea. (If anyone cares to look those up) I just finished the latter wall and the room is so bright and is immediately uplifting when walking in the room. I was pressured to hurry up and get curtains b/c it looks very unfinished without them and also b/c the blinds that we were provided are very flimsy and we've had quite a few security issues here, many of which deal with sexual predators...So I figured that I'd most likely have to add a backing to the curtains so that you really wouldn't be able to see through them at all but I really wanted a vibrant gold but also wanted the option to find the same curtains in a very different colors. So I was excited to find these, I expected the color to be very bright and vibrant...Maybe not as vibrant as a lemon but why else would call your color, "Citron?". The estimated shipping date for these was Oct 23. I ordered them before Oct 17 so that my guest might help me put them up when they arrived. And I just got them today (Nov 03). And while I might keep them b/c honestly I don't know how likely I am to find the color variety in curtains that I would like at a reasonable price, I'M NOT HAPPY ABOUT THIS COLOR. I am able to make them match...but against the bright walls with no sunlight..Its back to gloomy and I really want the opposite effect... Makes me sad.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It did not... The color was so off, I'm lead to believe that there was some intended dishonesty in the photo enhancement.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is very good. I don't know if this is a good fabric for curtain. Its similar to a flannel sheet but thicker.
What I truly love about these drapes is the softness it brings to my windows. I feel so elegant in this room as a result of changing drapes. I only regret not ordering 108" length, other than that I am completely satisfied.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Picture a little lighter, but my room is a plum color.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very.
Perfect! The color - golden yellow with a hint of green - is very retro 70s, which is what I wanted. They are thick and soft, not at all shiny. They really look like cotton but drape more easily. A great deal!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
I would have put 5 stars, if the color was as seen in the picture. Because I love my new curtains! I bought these yellow curtains for our dining room. I was redoing it, and I wanted some cotton, clean lines, and clear (but not super bright lemon yellow) curtains. I saw these and thought "perfect!" When I recieved them, the color was not true to the online picture. I was expecting a nice mustard/citrus color, but when I got the curtains, they definitetly had a greenish hue to them. I must be honest and say that I was initially very disappointed with the color. I was convinced that they would look old and very 70's (in a bad way.) I thought that I wouldn't be able to use them, since I had been counting and decorating based upon a "clear mustard/citrus." I grudgingly put them up on my curtain rod, absolutely certain that I would hate them, and that they would clash. I was very pleasantly surprised that when they were hung, they lost their "old and gross 70's" look, and turned BEAUTIFUL! They looked more yellow-gold when they were hung and stretched out (and with some natural light.) To my surprise, they actually ended up going perfectly in the room, and they matched the painting and artwork that I had decorated with. My Dad described them as "gold, with some green in it." My mom was convinced that they were "chartreuse." My sister and I call it "yellowish-gold, with a slight green hue." I am going to buy another set to fill up the space. That is how pleased I am with them. If you are looking for clear yellow, exactly as the picture shows, these curtains are not for you. They definitely have a green hue to them. Having said that, don't be scared by the above use of the word 'chartreuse.' I absolutely hate chartreuse, but I LOVE these curtains. They are a beautiful unexpected color to use! It goes great with more clean-lined decor, since it could be "mistaken" for a 1970's color. The thicker fabric hangs beautifully. I do not need any extra sheers to block out light. I love the "cotton" look vs. a silk curtain. I would recommend these!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color on the site made the curatins seem as if they were going to be a clear, but not overly bright, yellow. But in actuality, they were a greenish-yellow; a mustardy/chartreuse.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality was very nice. They had some "weight" to them, so they hang beautifully.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? All acurate, except for the color.