We were updating our bathroom which had all brass faucets and trim, etc. The brass faucets were too expensive as we needed two sets so we opted for brass chrome - beautiful. It breaks a bit of the all brass and they look gorgeous. Excellent quality at an unbelievable price.
Looks great, resembles Moen "Monticello" but at an Overstock price. We updated our master bath with a marble counter, undermount sinks and these faucets but wanted to coordinate with the existing brass. Considering ordering more for powder room. Plumber installed with no problems, operate well with a gentle touch(would be good for someone with weak hands.)
Very actractive. I ordered this because of existing bath fixtures that were allready in the shower and the spa tub. It was difficult finding chrome and brass widespread fixtures at the local home stores and this fit the bill. We're having a problem with the handles being too far to the back to turn off. Hopefully the plumber who installed the faucet will be able to rectify the problem.
This faucet looks nice and function is ok. I have had no problems with leaks in 4 months since purchased. Time will tell on the quality I have not had any problems with the finish although have been VERY careful only to clean with plain water and dry after each use to avoid water spots/corrosion. The biggest problem with these faucets ( I bought two for double sinks) is that it was EXTREMELY difficult to install.... almost impossible and took a professional installer over 10 hrs to install which ended up costing me well over $1200 in installation labor costs alone. Apparently, they do not fit standard faucets and holes had to be drilled up under my sink through the wood and up through the ceramic tiles to obtain proper installation without leaks. I noticed that others have commented on the installation as well. Yes, you do save a little by buying these and not a popular brand name faucet....and they look nice. In fact, no one can tell the difference between these and the name brand ones that cost more. However, if you need a plumber or professional to install, it will cost several times as much since installation of this particular faucet is very difficult. If you do order these, make sure you have someone install based on a per item fee and not a charge by the hour as a plumber does. PS I was shown exactly what the problems were so know it was not the installer who I have used or several other projects with no problems....said they have NEVER seen a faucet like this with these types of installation problems. I am wondering if they are intended or made for United States faucets as seems not to be compatible with standard fittings of my 20 yr old home.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. seems to be good quality, however it took professional installer 10 plus hours
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate except should have mentioned very difficult installation
Not yet installed, but looks great! It's solid, heavy and was priced $$ less than near-identical models. Think this will turn out to be a very good value. I'm glad I found it, and pleased that Overstock offers 'plumbing' items like this.
In redoing a home prior to listing it for sale, an update to the bath was needed. There was not a budget to gut the whole bath with it's brass shower fixtures and shower doors, so it was decided to use a chrome and brass combo in new faucets and towel bar and then chrome light fixates and mirror trim. It all tied in together beautifully and so glad to find the chrome and brass items in Overstock as they were not available anywhere else.
I just installed this faucet and I didn't find the installation any harder or easier than any other faucet that I've installed. I have to guess that the people who stated that this faucet was "very difficult" to install, haven't installed very many faucets. After installation was completed, I tested and there are no leaks. Again, if you follow the recommended process for installing any faucet, your results are likely to be good. * I will add that to get the handles tight, you'll need to hold the bottom nut and tighten the top cap with a wrench. BE Careful to use painters tape or a rag between the cap and wrench so you don't scratch the finish. I love the look of this faucet, it seems to work well, and the price was a value. I will update my review after 60 days. ***
After 14 yrs. in our home...had to change bath fixtures....needed two toned.....finally found on Overstock!! Beautiful! Love the high faucet! Oh, a plus....easy to install! Loved the look so much.....I ordered one for my 1/2 bath off my foyer!
We saw these and thought they would fit very well in our double sink bathroom vanity. Fixtures arrived and my husband installed the first one. No major problems. After installing the second one, he discovered a leak in the handle area. Decided to have a plumber finish second one. Plumber discovered defect in cartridge. He had an extra one and replaced this "new" cartridge piece before it was even used!!! It was obviously defective!!! We were fortunate that it was able to be fixed!!! Buyer beware on these faucets!!! Some are obviously defective, as noted in prior reviews!! One of ours was!!! The jury is out as to whether they will remain leak-free and attractive......
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Brass was not as shiny as picture displayed
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality seems good, but will have to reserve judgment until we have used it for some time. Just installed yesterday!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
Product is good and easy to install once you get the old fixture out. My only concern about product is the cartridge if it starts to leak etc. Since this is not a usual brand found in brick and mortar stores, may be difficult to locate parts. Hope I do not have this problem in future. Product is easy to install, looks good and operates smoothly and with no problems.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good descrption
These were nice quality and easy to install. Very pleased with quality and price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Right on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very heavy construction
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exact
I would recommend this to anyone considering buying.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Beautiful
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Esactly as advertised.
The manufacturer seemed to put their emphasis on component appearance and ease of use "top-side" and paid little attention to ease of installation beneath. Many faucets have long copper tube "tails" that extend downward 6 or 8 inches or so. This makes hookup much easier for those deep basins. THIS faucet had 4 fittings that needed to be connected directly behind the basin area where there is almost no room to work. This is especially true on replacement situations.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality above counter:great ~ Below counter:not so much
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate