Talk about sparkle! This came assembled and was spectacular straight out of packaging. The chrome top is very substantial and stands out, so make sure that you want chrome for where ever this will piece be hanging. In terms of hanging it, once the wires are pulled through the holes to shorten them, it becomes quite an ordeal to lengthen them again. One of the reviewers mentioned that, so we went into hanging the piece knowing this and still got stuck making it too short. My fiancee had to use a hex wrench to loosen the bolt assembly on each wire, and twist and pull on the metal wire to get it back down. This will work just fine, it is just time consuming and can hurt your fingers. Really its just best not to make it shorter then necessary from the get go. Once we lengthened the wires again, we measured the chandelier 35 inches from the dining room table and determined how many inches that left between the ceiling and the bottom of where it would hang 35 inches above the table. Then we roughly determined how long this would mandate that each wire hung down. In our case, that left 10 inches of wire above the assembly for each side (we assumed that each wire was the same length to begin with and this turned out to be the case). Once the piece was hung, it was perfect except that it looked like it was swaying slightly sideways. My fiancee looked at it and assessed that this was happening because the wires on the right side were a teeny bit longer then those on the left. We were bummed because we though we would have to take the whole thing down again, but you don't have to do that! It is easy to shorten them, just not to lengthen. He simply pushed the longer wires up slightly (be SOOO careful not to do too much), and they shorter just fine even after the piece is hung completely. Really, really pretty chandelier.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
After an over due delivery it finally arrived......but it was well worth the wait......We love this fixture we get lots of compliments on it......The crystals cause the light to reflect on the wall in the most beautiful way...We put it in our formal dinning room over our glass dinning table......five stars........i plan on ordering the pendents to hang over the buffet........but our crystals where attached.....very easy to install
Although I do think the finished product looks very nice, the directions are some of the WORST I've ever seen and do not provide a lot of details that would be helpful. I was provided with 3 photocopied pages without clear step by step directions. One page said to "refer to the picture below" which was so grainy and poorly copied it was impossible to make out any distinct features. The biggest issue was not being told that once you've pulled up the wires to adjust the height, they can not be relowered which is handy to know BEFORE starting the install. The only other major negative was that you are not told prior to purchase that all of the little crystals are shipped in a different package and each one must be hung separately. It takes a lot of time. Having said all of that, I am happy with the final look - I just wish it'd been a little easier to get there.
I looked around other websites for a reasonably priced chandelier for our dining room. This was one of the cheapest chandeliers found out of countless websites. Though the silver metal feels light and cheap as well as the crystals attached to the chandelier, I couldn't ask for more based on the price paid. I needed to hire an electrician to install the chandelier as the mount is only for 1 way. It looks great with a dimmer and reflects pretty lights around the room. Would recommend to others.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Similar
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is not the best & looks cheap if you look too closely at it but great for the price I paid for it & expected.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Somewhat accurate
The look of the finished light is great. However the rectangular box doesn't hang quite flush against the ceiling, some corners pull down more than others depending upon how much extra wire you have to push back up behind the box. Also, when we went to screw in the lightbulbs one of the plastic pieces you screw the bulb into broke and fell out. My husband is going to try and glue it back into place, if not we'll need to return it. Bottom line: The quality is not great, but if you can get it up there w/out falling apart, the look is very nice! I know this probably isn't much help, but - tough product to review!!! Once it's hung the look of the light is awesome.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly same.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor. The crystals are cheap and fall out. Luckily once the light is hung you can't really tell how cheap they actually are, the sparkle is still nice.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
This Chandelier has a "WOW" factor. I installed it in our upstairs landing and everyone that comes up the stairs is mesmerized by this piece. The light hitting the crystals casts the most beautiful designs on the walls.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? even more beautiful in person than pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This chandalier looks like a million dollars and is very easy to install.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
Beautiful fixture, quality better than most home improvement stores lights. Installation is more difficult than we expected and directions are poor. Each crystal (over 730) needs added to the fixture. This requires you to bend a small metal piece through each crystal and then attach to the fixture. This took two of us approximately 2.5 hours just to add the crystals.
I purchased both the single light and this chandelier of these type. It looks good. Ours came all built out of the box. Good purchase overall. One thing to keep in mind is that it would need clear light bulbs. It does not look with CFL bulbs (especially with dimmable CFLs). I had electricians install the chandelier and cannot comment on the installation. I have given four star (instead of five) because 1. They should provide longer cables. I dont feel our cables are 35 long because the cables are at an angle (because of the canopy is smaller than the chandelier) and it does not give full 35 of height from the ceiling. It is more like 25 of height from the ceiling. No reason not to provide cables at least five feet. Overstck.com should show that as suggested accessories. My single light came with lot longer cable and hangs straight down. Our chandelier looks good but could use longer cables. 2. It needs clear light. It does not look good with CFL bulbs.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
Wonderful! Easy to install, crystals were already installed. Looks very sparkly!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very well
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very Accurate