I've had the bed for about 2 weeks, and am quite satisfied. The bed looks great, and has center supports for the mattress (and my 200lb. bulk). I bought it to go with the 10in. memory foam mattress, that I also bought here. The parts of the bed that you can see, with a mattress in place, show reasonable craftsmanship. The platform, however, is another story. It's a roll of 14 slats, stapled to two strips of cheap fabric, to maintain even spacing. Five of the slats get bolted to a center support. Once inside the frame, the ends of every-other slat are screwed into the side rails. The slats are pre-drilled, and there are pilot holes in the side rails. The problem is, the slats aren't cut to a uniform length, so the holes don't always line up. After 2 hours of struggling, I finally gave up, and used a cordless drill to drive the last 6 screws home, ignoring the pilot holes. A word of caution, the slats are of an extremely soft wood, make sure you turn the torque on your drill down to about 4, otherwise you'll drive the screw completely through the slat, like I did with the first one. All that having been said, now that it's assembled, I'm quite pleased with my purchase.
I love my new bed. I actually bought is several months ago. The color is rich, was easy to install. The middle support legs needed some glue so I would recommend using wood glue when first putting it together. I would highly recommend this product.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? great
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
The three boxes arrived and one box was damaged, but the packing of the boxes protected the contents inside, I was a bit nervous when reading others reveiws about the wooden slats, but I can attest, they are of quality material and when you read the instructions they do include the correct number of screws (and other hardware) for the complete assembly of this bed. It took me about 30 minutes by myself to put it together and I'm somewhat of a handyman, one screwdriver and one included allen wrench was all it took. This bed is made by Modus, a very good company with very nice products. Rest assured you will like this bed. I bought this bed because I have an IKEA stolman storage system in the black/brown color and this bed matches it's perfectly, I've modified my unit to act as my computer desk as well in my bedroom and both the bed and nightstand are a perfect match, I couldn't be more happier, thanks Overstock.com you have a customer for life!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? great, in lower lighting it does appear a bit darker
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? spot on!
This bed is just what we were looking for. It looks even better than in the photo. Easy to put together. Sturdy. And COMFORTABLE! Will never use a box spring again. Completely changed the feel of our mattress which was sinking in the middle. Now is more firm and no sinking! We received no call before delivery, because it looked like the delivery man was given the wrong phone number. But we were home when he arrived, and he carried everything inside, and offered to stay for us to open the box, even though we did not need to because no damage was apparent. HIGHLY recommend this bed.
I am really glad I bought this bed. It is a great value and solid piece of furniture. It is modern and simple looking which is what I was looking for. I have been looking for bedroom furniture for a long time in stores and online and I finally settled on this bed and collection. I bought the bed at Overstock because they had the best price for it at the time that I bought it. The delivery was quite fast (just a couple of weeks) although the footboard came damaged. I talked to customer service at Overstock and they quickly sent me out a new footboard (and headboard which I didn't need) no cost and no questions asked (which really surprised me). I had to wait a little longer for the replacement because the delivery company only came to my town twice a week. Overall, I am very happy with this bed and I hope it will last a long time (which I think it will). You will not be disappointed with the quality and look of this bed.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate but when the light hits them directly you can see a dark red tint
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent quality...heavy and strong platform bed
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
I love it. I had my mattress on the floor for about 6 mos. because I didn't want to spend too much on a bed frame. This frame works really well with my foam mattress and seems very sturdy, although I've only had it since March.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good
This is a great plattform bed for the price. It's a little darker than I expected but I will make it work.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? it's darker than it appeared in the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality is great for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? description was accurate
Very please with the product. Dark espresso color and sturdy wood frame. Easy to put together with two people. All hardware fit and was easy to assemble In about 30 minutes. Wood slats for platform took a little bit of time to lineup correctly, but easy to screw in and put in place. Received shipment in one week. Well packaged and zero damage.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Dark espresso. Matched perfectly with my current dresser & night stand. More black than dark brown. Has some wood grain texture as well. Very happy with the darker espresso look.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. For the price, I was surprised by how solid and sturdy the frame is.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate to product description.
Great buy! Happy with the overall design and quality. Delivery was very pleasant. The instruction with regards to putting on the slate could be better (so be careful with that part, a bit tricky).
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? As pictured.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate.
This bed is a great bed not only for the money but overall. I put this together on my own in a couple hours, however it probably would be a lot easier with two people. Once together the bed is sturdy, and barely makes any noise, which I was worried about with a wood bed. Looks great overall, with a rich mahogany type finish. For the money, I definitely recommend.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. higher than expected
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exact
Not too difficult to assemble but definitely easier with 2 people. It's really solid so it's a good deal for the price. There was a small scuffed area on the footboard. I covered that up with a wood-toned crayon made by MinWax. Overall, very pleased. It looks great in the guest room.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. solid
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
This is a solid bed, especially for the price. The slats are tied together, all pieces included with directions, and it was generally quite easy to put together. A power drill and a friend had it up in about an hour. I have a platform also, so it does sit a little high in comparison to my previous arrangement. It doesn't squeak or bump boards when you bounce onto it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate if I remember correctly. It's a rich natural dark brown wood.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Not luxurious or pretentious, but sturdy for sure.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Quite
I bought this bed over a year ago, and I have not a single complaint with it since that time. I also purchased a memory foam mattress and was able to get the complete set of bed and mattress (thanks to Overstock) for less than $900 delivered to my door. I did not, at the time, have the money to buy a complete bedroom set, but over a year later I purchased the rest of a different brand bedroom set from Overstock (which I will be reviewing next) and it matches beautifully! Thanks Overstock!
I love the look that this bed has. It is very modern and is just what I have spent years looking for. The bed is fairly easy to assemble but does require 3 hands. It is a very good buy for the money. We did have one of the support boards split on us during the first use. We ended up cutting a new board as well as getting a piece of plywood to put over the top of the supports. We have had the bed for several months and have recieved compliments on it.