Absolutely love this ottoman. Bought it to use as the living/family room coffee table. It is HUGE and fits all of our board games plus throw blankets and extra throw pillows! The color is beautiful. The "PE" stands for polyethylene - this is not real wicker, which is great because natural wicker stinks and falls apart. Note: You can't sit on this baby. The top is made of an aluminum frame with the polyethylene weave laid over the frame. It has NO support for a body, so don't expect to use this as additional seating, like you would with an upholstered ottoman.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly the same as photo
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Durable, quality hinge
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate, although why do they abbreviate "polyethylene?"
This ottoman is beautiful and functional however it is NOT an outdoor storage ottoman. There is no lining in the box so anything stored would become wet. Very disappointing so I had to send it back.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color was fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality was great, so was style
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not accurate at all.
This item is huge!! It was actually a little too big for my space but still looks amazing. Functions great for storage, as a coffee table, and we even prop our feet up on it. My main drawback is, with having a busy 1yr old, he's managed to "un-weave" the wicker on 3 of the 4 corners. Was very easy for him to do. I may have to superglue the wicker that's sticking out back down and I'm sure that'll do the trick. Overall though, love the piece. Seems good quality. I saw the exact item in Home Goods for more money. So this was the best value.
So glad I bought this; it hides a lot of crap that I didn't know where to put, and it's classy looking to boot.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality; Looks great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I so love wicker this one is even better being it is kinda like coated few reviews said this was much larger then expected maybe they did't read the description it is right on I always get my tape measure out with anything before I order therefore I know the size. I am a very picky gal I could't be more happier with this.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? PERFECT
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Couild not ask for better quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? 100%
Been on the lookout for a stylish yet child friendly coffee table for 6 mos! We have baby #2 on the way and I wanted a child friendly coffee table, but something that would still look nice when we have guests over. We had to add bumpers to our old coffee table which ended up stripping the finish when I removed them and frankly was not as safe as I would have liked. My son still managed to bang his head and it just screamed "BABY IN THE HOUSE". I like the rounded corners, the flexibility of the wicker when you push against it, and the hydraulic hinges that do not come slamming down on little fingers. I love all the extra storage we now have and I am storing blankets and board games inside which opened up space in our front closet for more coats and shoes. I place a tray on top to hold drinks, remote control, etc. that I can easily lift out of the way when my son wants to play with his toys on the top of the table. As mentioned it is made from "man-made" material so if you are looking for real wood wicker you will be disappointed (however it is very hard to tell unless you look closely). This exceeded my expectations based on my main goal of purchasing child-friendly furniture that didnt look childish.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Looks exactly like the picture, it is dark which matches our other dark furniture.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality. This is a "man-made" wicker to withstand outside elements, or in my case a 2 year old and two dogs.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Dead on
I ordered this to use as a coffee table in my living room. I have a camel colored sectional and a chocolate brown accent chair. Not only does the weave of this table add visual interest with the pattern, it also ties the colors of my sectional and accent chair together. Although the table is mostly a dark brown, it does have color variations in the weave from the darkest chocolate to a light honey brown. I love this piece in my living room. It looks expensive. I also love that the lid closes with hydraulic arms. My little ones won't smash their fingers. Oh, and there is loads of storage space. Have I mentioned I love this table? If you've been eyeing this piece, buy it. You won't be disappointed.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was even better in person. Although the weave is mostly a dark brown, there are lots of variations in the coloring; from dark to light honey brown.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I use this as a ottoman/coffee table in my living room. It works great as toy storage and I always get compliments on it. The only thing is that the top is soft/no support so when my baby crawls on it I fear it could get a hole poked in it, but that's my problem not the ottomans.
I really like this ottoman, it's very spacious, made with good quality material, looks sophisticated, and it's comfortable in our feet. We placed it in our screened lanai and use it as a coffee table. I'd not recommend an adult sitting on it because the top part doesn't have a metal frame and may sag with heavy weight. The size is right to the dimensions provided. It looks bigger though when you put with other furniture. I love it!
We have many "real" wicker and grass pieces in our home and this one beast all. It is solid and well made. This material look great but is tough. It is also HUGE. Oddly, we purchased it to hold geo trax in our living room. It appears to have the endurance of a plastic tote with the beauty of a furniture piece. Just what I wanted. I hunted and Overstock had the best price by far and offers coupons. The very corners show signs of slight wear, I assume from shipping. Perhaps that should be addressed. All and all, I am thrilled. I just received it, so I hope it lasts they way I predict it will.
The ottoman is beautiful. The color is exactly like the picture. It has the look of real wicker but it's a resin or something so it won't fray. Don't sit on it because it's not that sturdy so put a tray or something to discourage accidental sitting. It's very heavy. It is however, larger than I expected. I didn't have a visual of how large the dimensions would be in my room. The feet are steel or sturdy aluminum so I stuck little one inch "slides" so it would move easier and not snag the carpet or scratch the floor. That works great.
This is an outstanding ottoman for the money! It's large and well built. The top opens and there is room to store pillows or cushions. The only unfortunate aspect is that the storage area is not weatherproof. Therefore, I put a couple plastic bins in the storage compartment to keep my pillows dry on my deck. Excellent quality and no assembly required.