Beautiful style and classic design. Comfortable to sit in. Chairs are back heavy and tip easily. They take hours to put together and require a lot of muscle to do so. The pre-drilled holes did not always line up and the legs were a tricky challenge to get the same length. We got them over 1/2 off which is the only reason this was worth it for us.
Ok, so these seem to be pretty decent looking chairs once you have them setup, and they seem comfortable enough, but they clearly are not manufactured to very exacting specifications. They are ridiculously difficult to setup, mainly because the holes that are drilled in the seat do not appear to be precise enough to allow you to insert the allen screws and screw them in by hand before using the provided wrench to fully tighten them. I ended up using my personal allen wrench, which is longer than the one provided so that I could get more leverage on the screw, as for at least half of the screws do not go in very easily. One in particular was so problematic that I actually stripped the head of the allen screw when it was only about half way in. I've never seen that happen before with an allen screw. But here is the worse part. I bought 6 of these chairs, and after the grueling exercise of putting them together, it turns out that 3 of the 6 don't sit flat on the floor and rock. I have not yet figured out whether the legs are slightly smaller, or whether the screw holes in the chair section were not drilled in the correct place, thus making the leg shorter after installation. I suspect the latter, because in each case the problem is with the left front leg (as you face the chair). I'm working with Overstock (who has been very helpful) to try to trouble shoot the issue so that they can determine whether they need to send me new legs, or take the entire chair back and replace it. While the price of these chairs is good, and they look fine when they work and are setup, the underlying workmanship of the seat frame is shoddy, and you are getting what you pay for here. Having problems with 3 of the 6 chairs that I bought is a pretty sad statement on this companies quality control process. By the way, these things are made in China.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color is fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fair at best
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? pretty accurate
Nice chair good value for the money comes packed well - although the instructions to put together are easy to understand - there are a bear to put together they attach with an allen wrench that you have to turn about 600 times to screw in - I had four and took a break after the first two The 2nd set I sawed the allen wrench bend off and put it in my screw gun it went faster Nice chairs though
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? nice brown - looks like photo
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good Quality
Overstock customer service representatives are great. They responded quickly to my request to send set of 2 new chairs instead of trying to send replacement parts. Thank you! I recommended these chairs to a friend and she has already purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality Control on product wasn't great...took 8 chair to put together 6 chair. Customer Service although was excellent to help me with chair defects...so I am happy with chairs. I have paired them with a 102 year old table that was my grandparents.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? great
Love these chairs! Very rich leather and beautiful colors! Very pleased with this purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly as described
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate