The Wicker storage ottoman should really be called a trunk because of it's large size. The color and quality match the description. It functions well and the lid stays up nicely with the hydraulic arm. It appears well enough made that it should last a while. I bought it to put all the beach towels in so they'd be readily available by the pool. The only con is that it's not air tight. Water and bugs will get into the trunk so I bought a zip up hanging clothes protector at Walmart, lined the trunk with that and then put the towels inside the protector.
No assembly!! Bench arrived within a few days of ordering it, and I could not be happier. It is a nice quality and seems to be well made. The top of the bench is re-inforced so average weight people could sit on it which just adds to the function in a small place. I don't think it could hold up to a lot of weight - it just doesn't look strong enough. We bought this to store cushions and pillows and it is the perfect size for that. The bottom of the bench is an open weave which allows things to get in from the bottom, so we lined the inside of the top and bottom with plastic to keep bugs and such out. Overall, I am very happy and feel it was a great price!
Received this fairly promptly. It is really pretty and the color is a rich brown. We bought it cause it's description said it is a bench and storage.It works well for storage...but...it needs an insert or plastic liner for inside. The bottom is open and things could get wet and soiled, But this is an easy fix. As far as using as a bench to sit...well it has a weakness right in the middle. It's easy to tell, if sat on a lot it would eventually cave in. Thinking of adding some sort of support on the underside of the cushion we purchased for it. Overall we are pleased.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? actual color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality is good. It is described as a bench? It has a weakness on the top, can't hold a lot of weight.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
The Santiago Brown Wicker Storage Ottoman arrived is excellent condition. It's very sturdy and will be great for storage. I have other brown wicker pieces that are better quality, (and much more expensive), but find this product is perfect for it's use. I would recommend it to anyone to use for storage or an ottoman. I would avoid sitting on it, however.
I love this bench--the only problem is that it doesn't hold much. I had to find another, much larger one, to hold my patio furniture cushions. I like this one so much that I decided to keep it for the kid's little outside toys. The dimensions were listed--I just didn't pay enough attention to them and it's also hard for me to visualize actual size from that. If you don't need to store much and could use a couple of seats, this is a great piece!
Shipping was rapid for this item. It was well packaged and undamaged on arrival. It comes fully assembled. It is heavy enough to feel sturdy but, if not for the awkward shape, it could be carried by a single person. It is sturdy enough to sit on but I'm not certain about whether it would hold up for those weight >200@# - we're a small bunch so it's perfect for us.
This box lasted ONE season before the frame rusted away. It is too expensive for a one season item. I would NOT recommend any steel frame or metal frame furniture for outdoors if it is going to ever get wet. Aluminum is the only way to go. We have aluminum furniture that has lasted for years now and still looks new. Only have to replace the cushions occasionally.
THIS IS SUCH A GREAT DEAL AND IT IS VERY PRACTICAL FOR OUTDOORS. SUCH A GREAT ADDITION TO MY OUTDOORS I HAVE ORDERED MORE THAN ONE.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? SAME
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. EXCELLENT
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? PERFECT
The design and weave of the fabric is absolutely beautiful. As soon as the midwest summer is over, I will use the ottoman inside our home. Absolutely gorgeous, especailly when the light from the moon hits it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is excellent. Looks even better that advertised.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Looks like a piece of artwork.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description did not do justice to how truly beautiful this piece of furniture is.
This deck storage unit is nice looking. The device that holds the lid open works well. It is a bit smaller than I had hoped and my 4 chair cushions barely fit inside and must be squished a but to get them completely in.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? The color matches the online display lthough the pattern is harder to detect in the product than it appears online.
- How is the quality of the product? Product is nice looking and the top stays firmly open when lifted.
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
This storage ottoman is truly one of the nicest outdoor pieces of furniture that I have seen. It is incredibly sturdy and looks great! Not sure if I would want a large person to sit on it, however, for a light person or children, it would be fine. My one complaint is that this does not have a great amount of storage space..
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? outstanding
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
I bought this because we already had a larger version that has worked well for two years... or so I thought. After the first light rain, despite having put the cushions in plastic bags, they were completely soaked. So, I took a closer look and realized that the earlier product had a solid lining under the wicker and around the edges. This one was not only lacking that important feature, but the wicker is so loose that you can see the sun shining right through it. Even with plastic garbage bags around the inside to try to make it waterproof, this product is a total bust. Also, the top doesn't stay closed, and it has hardly big enough to fit 3 throw pillows. I'd hoped to use it for storage of at least four throw pillows, which seems reasonable based on the dimensions, but because the top doesn't close well, you can't even stuff things in there, they make it pop up even more. If I hadn't carried this monstrosity up 75 stairs to our roof deck, it would have gone back.