We purchased this ottoman for a newly renovated family room. Love the functionality and value for the item at this price range. The only negative we expereinced was noticing a small blemish in the leather (actually a detent by some man-made object) when we unpacked the unit. I wanted to return it immediately, but my wife was so eager to put it in the famiy room that she has overlooked this minor imperfection... it has become a conversation piece for us now. Having used the item for a couple of months, it has performed as expected and we are pleased- that small blemish is almost forgotten now.
I love this ottoman and it looks great in my living room while concealing toys. It is very easy to keep clean by just wiping with a damp cloth or leather cleaner. It is closer to black in color but the name espresso implies it will be a dark brown and I think it looks nice with my beige sofa and cream rug. That being said, I've had it seven months and just noticed the seam is coming apart on one of the top corners. I'm not sure if this can be fixed so now the lifespan of my ottoman is surely coming to an end. If it had held up better I would absolutely recommend this product to anyone but I have to admit I am disappointed in the quality.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? poor
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
This is one of the better storage ottoman's I found online. It has a lot of storage space and the gas shocks on the lid are great. you only have to lift the lid up about 2 or 3 inches and they open the lid and keep it open. The top of the unit has enough padding to rest your feet/legs on it comfortable for an extended period of time. This is a great ottoman for the price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is a very dark brown but not black. It might be slightly darker in person than it appears on the website.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The bonded leather seems to be fine for the realitively cheap price of the ottoman. The gas shocks are durable and so are the attached feet. Overall I would rate the quality good based on the price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description of the product is accurate.
This looks very nice, the color is exactly as it looks online, but the quality of the product is not very good.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? The quality of the product was not satisfying. It got easily scraped. I bought it for the family room, and it seems to be not that durable. It does look very nice, but not for a family room, and house with kids.
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? It does, the color is the same, looks same, but the quality of the product is not good.
Not happy with the purchase. Looks cheap. The color is much darker than the picture.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? fair
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. fair
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? color way darker
This ottoman is exactly what I was expecting based on the description. It arrived quickly and in good condition. It is, as others have noted, a very dark brown color which almost reads black. It is also a large ottoman, so be sure to check the dimensions listed so that you know what you will receive. It was easy to attach the legs, and there did not appear to be any flaws in the "pleather." It is very comfortable for putting your feet up while watching tv, the storage area is large and works well for blankets and pillows that otherwise would be lying around my great room, and it makes a great additional seating piece when there are extra people in the room. Great purchase!
I ordered this ottomon for our family room. It is a nice size, and I liked the fact that there is storage and the lid is hinged. But this ottomon is not leather. I don't know what bonded leather is, but it is not real leather. And the color is darker than the photo. At first, I didn't like how dark it was, but after a couple of weeks, I'm getting used to it. As someone else mentioned, when I received the ottomon and took it out of the box, there was an indentation on the side of it, like it had been strapped or something, which really disappointed me and initially wanted me to send it back. But the prospect of sending back a 50 pound ottomon was not appealing so I decided to overlook that problem. Overall, the ottomon looks nice in the room and it is what I was looking for. I am just concerned that it may not last long. As someone else mentioned, you get what you pay for.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Darker
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is okay...not great...just okay.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fairly accurate.
My husband and I had been searching for an ottoman to match our leather sofas. We SCOURED all the furniture stores in our area, dissapointed with poor quality and high prices. We were hesitant to order something online, in fear of it being the wrong height and/or color. Our budget was $200, and we came in right under par. The free shipping really helped out a lot as well, as it would have been expensive considering it was 50 lbs! We are so pleased with the quality of this product as well. Genuine leather and great, high-quality hinges inside. This is perfect for us to store pillows and blankets inside, and makes a great coffee table with a tray on top. This was the ideal size and the color couldnt have matched our couches better. We were very worried about ordering this since we couldnt see it in person. We thought the color would be too dark, but it matched perfectly. I would describe it as an espresso color...very dark brown. If your couches are more of a milk chocolate, this will be much darker. Very, very please. We will be ordering much more furniture from Overstock!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? We expected this to be very dark brown, and it was right on point. Very accurate color description.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very high quality. An ottoman like this would retail in a regular store for $500, easily. Screaming deal!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate. Did not dissapoint.
This ottoman is beautiful and well made. Mine arrived in perfect condition, no scratches, stains, or imperfections. Some reviews had mentioned that it was very dark but my sectional is also a dark espresso so I didn't think it would be a problem. Beware, this ottoman is black. Not dark brown or espresso but BLACK! But I really love it and the room it's in is pretty dim so it isn't noticeable unless the bright overhead light is on. So I'm keeping it.
This ottoman is awesome!. It's a giant square and the top is flat enough to hold drinks without them possibly tipping. It came in a box and wrapped in thin foam. The gas hinges are already installed. All I had to do was screw in the four legs. I use it as an ottoman and a coffee table. The only thing that is in any way noticable in a wierd way is that you only have to lift the top about an inch and the gas hinges power it up the rest of the way, not super fast but fast. So if you just crack it open to get something you're not holding the lid from falling, you're holding it from rising. They are that strong. Bur all in all I went with this one after reading horrible reviews about similar items at *****. This one os built well and everything was great. It shipped early and they left it in front of my house instead of taking it back to the FedEx location. Yeah, it could have gotten stolen because I was gone for a few days and it sat out there but I probly could have fixed that with some special shipping instructions at the time of purchase. The box was even snow covered but was not penetrated at all by the snow. I'll have it for a long time and it's gonna be a staple in my house.
My husband and I were looking to replace our heavy wooden coffee table for something softer that had storage to keep our daughter's toys and diapers in. This ottoman totally fit the bill, its sturdy enough for her to stand on and for us to sit on, but moves very easily over our carpeted family room. The lid takes a little bit of effort to lift but I like that because my 18 month old can't lift it by herself. The hinges on the lid prevent it from slamming closed. I think I pictured it being bigger than it actually is, but it has worked out and makes our family room look even bigger and is less bulky than our old coffee table. Would recommend to anyone!
I was hesitant because I had just bought new furniture and the set I choose did not have an ottoman. I wanted one to match. When this came, I was really happy with the color match, quality and the ease of putting the 4 legs on the piece. Other than screwing them in the holes - it was complete. Let me tell you about the hinges.... I thought they would be th typical slide hinges like most - no so. These are tubular, hydraulic cylinders and this goes up and down seamlessly and will stay open with no effort. You only see this in much higher end pieces. I am going to look at more of the Christopher Knight pieces because this one was excellent.
Color very black. Packing material perfect. Leather and color good. BUT, the holes for the wheels are horrible. Took my husband near 1.30 hr's to shave wood off holes where wheels are screwed in. Very time consuming and tedious. Tough wood covering 3 out of the 4 holes where wheels were turned in. Have your own wrench ready because the one supplied is useless.