My 8 year old walked into the house and saw the stools and said "they look like they are made of plastic!" right after he touched them and discovered they are not plastic. They are metal but very light weight, perhaps aluminum? They do a very good job of creating a faux looking iron industrial stool, however, I am not looking for faux. Found exactly what I wanted at another store that are actually made of steel and about the same price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The stools looked more like they would be made from steel and authentically industrial or rustic but don't quite make it in real life.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very durable and sturdy.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description is technically accurate, it is just a matter of how well they achieved the desired result.
We bought three for my daughters house and three for ours and could not be more pleased. A nice thing about the stools aside from looking great is you can also use them as side tables as the height is adjustable. I had to wait for these to become available and it was well worth the wait.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Did not disappoint
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is fine, thought they would be heavier but the fact that they are not is a plus.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Spot on. Love the color--goes with everything
Deceptively beautiful. Within minutes someone's bottom hit the floor because the stool is not stable. The physics of the thing are all wrong. The wood is beautiful but unfinished. Four splinters and two bruised tail bones and back they went. I have to say I was thoroughly bummed. They went so well with our table.
Had this stool around a year. When I first received it, I thought it seemed a bit "light weight" but kept it for occasional use in our kitchen because I liked the look. Last night my son sat on it to eat a carry out and the entire seat top of the stool bent and broke at the welding areas. He landed very hard on his back but luckily was otherwise okay. Just shaken up a bit. I was truly shocked since I had just used this stool to sit on while tending my grandbaby. I can't imagine what would have happened had this happened then!!
I love these new stools. They are solid metal yet not too heavy. They are durable and look good. My only comment is that one of the 4 I bought looks a little "off center" but no one else really notices. I like the adjustable height and they seem like they will wear nicely over time. The style is really fun and different too.
I have ordered two sets of these. The first set came and it was INSTANT LOVE!!! The second order I placed for two more stools - they were of different quality and squeak like crazy when you turn them. One of them the top sits slightly tilted. So - 2 out of 6 stools ordered weren't so awesome, but still look great. The other four are PERFECT! LOVE THEM. I would order them again if needed. They are sturdy and unlike the previous stools I had for this area, they don't easily tip - even when used by children, which is who uses them mostly at my house.
This is a nice style but not made of strong metal. Also there are some sharp places around the edge where metal is welded. I sliced my figure open first time I tried to turn the seat . Would be fine for people of lighter weight and not used every day.