I must of looked at hundreds of wooden,armed,leather bar stools before i decided on this one. The price was the best at Overstock.com. I ordered 3 and none were damaged or missing parts. They are easy to put together with the hardware numbered in bags in the order you put the pieces together. I found putting the last assemble steps of the chair using your washer or dryer as a work station helps out.The seats are bonded leather which means at least 17 percent of the material is real leather. I think i remember reading they are a product from Vietnam. I found products from the Nam are pretty good. Comfort wise its what you can expect from a stool, it's not a recliner. As far as the stool's hardware getting lose after use i have not seen that problem. I weigh in a excess of 200 lbs and the chair supports me without problem.
These stools are a real value. Similar stools costs twice the price. They beautifully enhanced our newly refaced cabinetry and add a touch of practical elegance.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Just like the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High Quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Matches the description to a T
when I first got the stool. I put it together. 45 minutes. I tightened the bolts with an allen wrench that came with it. One of the wooden arms cracked when I tightened the bolt. I didn't think I used too much force. Second I'm not a small man 275lbs. It was a tight fit to sit on these stools. I have other ones that are much roomier and sturdier. After about a week the stool bolts started to loosen and I had to retighten them. I returned the other three that I had, I bought new chairs without arm rests and made of metal and cheaper than these. I would not recommend these stools.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? similar
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. was displeased
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? okay
They are as pictured, a very nice quality and we are very happy with them.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? As pictured.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality, sturdy.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was accurate...they look as they are pictured...no surprises.
A great chair. Fairly sturdy and quite nice. For the price, it's excellent. It's not perfect, but nothing is. But no complaints. Nice enough that I bought two!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Excellent!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Easy to break if twisted too hard
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent!
I purchase 2 stools which were very nice looking and easy to assemble but they were not very stable. They matched perfectly with the bar that we have and wanted barstools that swivel and had arm rests, however, we sat on them at least 3 times and each time we sat on them they became wobbly thus my having to tighten the screws. They were comfortable to sit in but were unstable and had become paranoid that they were going to fall apart and perhaps hurt who ever was sitting on it. I had to return because of the quality, just not good at all for the price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Not very stable
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good but needed to provide more details (i.e. maximum weight)
We have a kitchen island now, and wanted barstools for when we are eating and entertaining at the island. We had seen some nice barstools at a local billiards company when we recently bought a pool table, but YIKES they were a bit costly! We were certainly skeptical when we found these stools on Overstock at such a reasonable price. But if these stools would suit our immediate purpose, then we were willing to get replacement ones down the road if needed. We think these stools will be with us for years - no need to replace! The stools are very sturdy. Assembly went very well because the parts for different phases of assemblage are separated and clearly identified, both in the instructions and on the bags. The only MINOR glitch? 2 bags of bolts were mis-ID'd or switched. We noticed it at once and switched them to the right place. In mass-produced wood furniture where different pieces are sometimes stained or finished in different towns or countries, I expect variances in the stains, but the legs, arms, back, and seat are all the same color. The leather seats are well made, and the swivel assembly is very durable. We had one very small puncture along the edge of one of the seats and one short call to Overstock customer service was all it took to get a replacement seat in under a week. And this over the Christmas holiday season - incredible!! Overall, this was a wonderful shopping experience.
We purchased this barstool because we needed a stool with arms. The stool was very easy to put together, its sturdy and looks better in person. The stool was shipped quickly and was packaged nicely. We would recommend this to anyone in the market for a stool.