This chair is a good example of "you get what you pay for". That said, the overall quality is very good only the seat cushion is very hard. This is not a comfortable recliner for watching to or to sit in for a long period of time but it makes for a great recliner to take a catnap or read for a few minutes. I have it in my office and the more I sit in it the more comfortable it gets. I think the seat cushion is softening up some. I would recommend it because of the price alone. If you want a recliner for comfort this one isn't it but it serves my purpose. My wife and I shopped for a couple of weekends and I saw chairs up to twice as much money and they were no more comfortable than this one. Overall, I'm satisfied.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? OK
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good quality for the money
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fairly accurate
There is a small tear in the vinyl on the top of one arm--as it came out of the box. I have to return it because it will only get worse. But I am debating whether to let O send me another because, despite the very good price, its dimensions are so odd as to be uncomfortable. How? The seat and back heights are good for a short-average person (I'm 5'5" with average leg length) but the depth of the seat from front to back is sooo long, 23", that a person with short-average leg length cannot rest against the seat back with feet on the floor. (By comparison, my husband's huge prairie-style leather recliner's seat is only 19" from front to back, and 25" wide.) Also, in the upright position the back is slanted back dramatically enough that it causes me to hold my head up away from the back, cramping back and neck muscles. I've tried a small back cushion and a bed pillow almost the size of the whole back, to not much avail. I read for an hour today in the 2nd position and now have cramped neck and upper back muscles. It's too hard to find a comfortable position. Like another reviewer, I cannot push back to recline when seated "normally," since my feet are not touching the floor, :) I have to scoot forward to use my feet against the floor, then it's easy enough to do. The narrow width of the seat is ok if you're not too big (I am no skinny mini), unless you want to "curl up," draw one leg up, or just generally use this chair like an easy chair. The arms don't feel sturdily-enough attached to put any outward pressure on them. My long-legged, 6'2" very slim husband is comfortable enough in the upright position, but when tilted back his legs hang off the leg rest comically and his head is not supported by the back. Looks like a giant in a child's chair. If the seat width and depth were reversed, 23 inches wide and 20 inches front to back, this small chair would probably be great! Although, I'd rather a back slightly more upright in the upright position. In short, this is better used as an accent chair for occasional use by company, not a full-time, reading, TV-watching easy chair. We may let O send us a replacement for that use because it does look nice and has a clean, contemporary look. Sigh. I had high hopes but my search continues for an attractive, affordable reclining chair that fits ME, not made for tall friends and relatives that I must simply adjust to. This is not it, alas.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Fine. The rich brown color and subtle texture of the vinyl (NOT leather) are nice.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Pretty good. The arm attachment feels tenuous--may not hold up well. Nice clean lines. Nice stitching, piping, finishing. I like the stiff cushions--some may prefer softer.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pretty good. But very odd dimensions limit its usefullness
I bought this chair as a fathers day gift for my husband. The chair was very easy to put together, and looks great in our living room. The chair is more of an apartment size piece of furniture. Turns out I get this recliner and my husband gets the one we already had, which is pretty new.This chair is easy to recline and get back up with ease. Even though chair is smaller than expected, it has worked out really well, and I do not regret my purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color comparison is right on......
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good craftsmanship, except the legs are plastic
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description very accurate, be sure to read the measurements and measure where you want to put the chair.
I really like this chair, it is exactly what I was looking for without paying huge furniture store prices. Full recline is just that...FULL. I kept wondering if it would get to a point and tip over backwards, but it was solid. The seat and back are firm and supportive, not a "sink-into chair, but that is what I prefer. As others have said, if you are in the 1st recline position and want to fully relax while watching tv, you will need a pillow under your head, but I hold my head up without any strain. Really is a great chair for the price!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
Arrived before I even got the email saying it shipped. LOL Really. Daughter and I set up in 5 minutes. That easy. For granddaughters room and fits her perfectly. I am too tall to rest my head when I recline and I'm only 5'4". Firm support but good for an 8 yo. For the money I spent, I'm very happy and the grandkid said she likes it. Nuff said!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Worth every penny I spent.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Smack on
This is a comfortable small recliner. The seat is lower to the ground than other recliners, which is good if you are short. As others have noted, the back is low, but it works for me (5'2"). You can put it close to a wall. A small pillow at the back makes it quite comfortable. It was packed very well for shipping and arrived in perfect condition. I assembled it by myself, but it would have been better to have another person because of the weight, size of the pieces. It is a neat, attractive chair that was a very good value.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
This chair looks fantastic, and is quite comfortable, even with the low back and deep seat mentioned by other reviewers. Its main problem is it is built extremely poorly. The chair is very unstable, and the slightest leaning on the arms makes them pull away from the chair. Closer inspection shows the arms of the chair are only secured to the frame at the base where the legs attach, and not at all along the back or at any point up the sides. If you lean in the chair or sit sideways as my kids like to do, it wouldn't be long before the arms pull completely off. In addition, there are two screws underneath the vinyl along the side of the back that are pushing the vinyl out into points. Here too it wouldn't be long before these wear right through. For a $!@# chair you are paying $!@# for looks and $!@ for construction. This chair looks as great as we hoped it would, and is really very comfortable. But it is built to look at, not to sit in. We will be returning it.
I was seeking a small leather recliner, and this is perfect for the space I had. Several family members have "laid claim" to it as the best seat in the family room.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Appears to be a good quality product
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Great!
Great (SMALL) recliner. Very narrow arms, so perfect for tighter places. Comfortable, sturdy little chair
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Spot on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
This chair looks great in the photo. If you are looking for a chair to make a room look finished or for a beach rental house to go in a bedroom for "looks"....this is your chair! But if you plan to actually use it on a daily basis.....this is not the one ! Its hard and uncomfortable.....smells weird and is totally open in the back with a leather flap hanging there to cover it. In my opinion......Not a good buy....You can spend $200 on 2 wooden chairs !
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? it was correct
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very poor quality....very small chair....it had a weird smell (not leather) there were dent places in the leather on the arms and the chair felt unbalanced
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not accurate as far as quality
My living room is on the smaller side and I wanted a Club Style recliner but most of the ones in the store are comfy and oversized. This recliner is a little stiff but it fts in my living room perfectly. The assembly was super easy and it was shipped direct to my back door free. I really like the chair, I am 5; 5" and it fits me perfectly!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect matach
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? the desciption and review were spot on!!
Very please with my new chairs. Needed help getting them in the house (heavy) but had no trouble putting them together. Don't need two people to assemble - I am a 72 year old woman who did 2 chairs in record time. Love the small size - I didn't have room for the big ones. They are comfortable and look good!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate description
I tried to order these chairs 3 times,every time I would go to order them they would be sold out, so if you are thinking of ordering this chair do it don`t wait.The are NOT top of the line BUT I did not want to spend 800.00.They are smaller so if you have a small living room they fit just right, and look great.I got 2 and so glad I did.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? execellent
I wanted a recliner but could not find one that was reasonably priced. Then I spied this recliner. I am 5 '4 " tall, and this chair is an excellent fit for my height. My brother, 6'1" also likes its comfort, even though his legs hang over the foot rest. It requires some strength and coordination to push the chair into reclining position, but not too much. The head rest was important for me. So many recliners push my head forward at an awkward angle. In this recliner, the spine in my neck can maintain a relatively neutral curve.There is good support. It is attractive. Even tho it is made of man-made materials and not true leather, it looks good with my true Italian Leather club chair. I would recommend this as a very good value for a comfortable reliner that does not take up a lot of space.
This chair is exactly what I needed and wanted, a firm, comfortable, small recliner for the basement rec room that didn't cost a ton. I got it on sale here at overstock and for the quality and comfort you cannot beat the bargain, worth every penny. It is pretty firm, which my back needs. I am 5'10" and 225lbs. My feet to hang off a little in recline, but not uncomfortable at all, legs still well supported and I like that it hits the back of my head about midway so I and tilt it back instead of the big over stuffed recliners that are above my head and push it forward. I find it a little uncomfortable in the first reclining position angle on my back for tv watching, it would be better for my bad back if the back of the chair didn't go back quite as far with the feet up, but my back and neck are very bad, so a normal person might be very comfortable. I fixed this by just leaving it in the down position and using an ottoman if I'm watching tv. I sit in it couple to a few hours almost every night. All friends and family that have sat in it think its quite comfortable and can't believe how inexpensive it was. I would get another for the other side of the room but my wife doesn't like it, it is too firm for her to sit in for the evening tv watching. Looks decent quality, the "leather" is nice and soft and looks good
Price cant be beat for a recliner. But it is bonded leather so it's a little "rubbery" in texture. There was (and still is) a chemical odor on the item. I had to really air it out in a open windowed room before placing it my bedroom. Initially the odor was almost pungent. Otherwse the dimensions are great for me (5'.2"). Might be small for a tallish person. Apart from the odor I dont have anything to complain about.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great buy for the price for a recliner.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I find the chair very comfortable. I put a pillow behind my head and when lying back slide down slightly and find I take a very nice nap. I am pleased and would recommend this product.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? looked the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I am very pleased with product
Easy to put together, very comfortable, and great price. My only serious complaint is that Overstock didn't mention that it was made in China, even though they did mention that it was made with composite leather strips. Yet where did these strips come from? As many people know, Chinese producers are famous for abusing animals and using animals other than cows for their leather. So in the future, Overstock needs to clearly identify the source of all their products, otherwise I'll be buying my leather goods somewhere else in the future. It would also help if they encouraged their producers to treat their animals well.