I purchased this set to put in a corner by my pool where deck space is tight. Have been using it for a few months now.. it is good quality, and great looking. Took my husband about 1 hr to put it together. The weight is heavy enough that I dont have to worry about strong wind blowing it around. The color looks black in dim light ~ ~ in bright sunlight you can see the brownish/bronze tones. The seats are comfortable enough to sit for a cup of coffee, or quick meal.. (they are not for lounging or getting comfy with a good book.) I was surprised that there was an umbrella hole in the table and stand in the base. I had'nt planned on using it with an umbrella, but tried it with a 5 foot beach umbrella - and it looks fabulous!! The back corner of my pool area used to be an empty corner. Now its a destination!
The Charleston Table and chairs was an excellent choice for me. The bronze is a perfect match, it is heavy and looks wonderful where I have it. I also had a piece of glass cut which was cut at 221/2 inches round and the edge polished. I am very happy with this perchase and hope to buy another. I would recommend this table to anyone along with the purchase of anything else from this site.Great product. !!! : )
For the Price, I can not complain about the quality and it arrived quickly. However, the color description is way off and it does not match my other outdoor furniture. I intend to Gift it to a Friend. If you want large seats, I would suggest another set.This one is great for limited space.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not at all, set is black with bronze highlights. The Box says "Copper".
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Just opened it, Quality seems good, took 1 hour to piece together.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? All else is Good, but, the Color is not accurate.
The set arrived packed securely. The material is sturdy, heavy and feels good to the touch. Also the design has curves in the right places, which makes the set not only attractive but also more functional. I like the bronze color too … it has a bit of gold hue in it. Not too overwhelming though, just a touch of gold. The assembly is not that difficult and you can put it together in an hour or so. I ordered it for my balcony in my condo and know I will enjoy it. Keep in mind the set is not very large … it would fit a normal balcony nicely though. I recommend it.
I gave this set a good rating because I was disappointed with two aspects of it. 1- the screws and other hardware to put this together ( some of them show) are all silver finish. They really stand out against the dark finish. 2- the finish overall on this set is not really bronze, but black with a few lighter spots (very few). From a distance, it just looks black. It does sit well, and was not difficult to put together.
Good product for the price. Not a great piece for lounging, but nice accent piece and extra patio seating for social events. Not a standard sized base for umbrella stand. The legs are tentatively balanced on our current base; so, we have to buy another base. Too unstable to hold umbrella without one.
I really like this Copper Bistro set. It is great for a small area.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? looks like the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? the bistro set was what the description said it was like.
It was exactly as described — fits perfectly on our balcony. Chairs are even comfortable! Took about an hour to put together.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exactly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? to the word
My mistake was underestimating table size; bought a glass top to enable more needed top space.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? True
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
Defective fasteners supplied precluded safe and sturdy attachment of chair legs to chair seats.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Similar
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate.
This bistro set is a great size for our deck. Sturdy construction and weighs enough to sit solidly. For longer sitting I'd recommend a small/thin cushion but due to rainy weather we do not use cushions on the chairs. It is holding up fine in our often rainy weather in an unprocted area of a deck.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color as described/shown in picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was accurate.
I bought this bistro set for my daughter and I was initially very pleased with the quality. I know this was a recent purchase and was kept for a month outside on the porch, then was moved into the kitchen. I was shocked and disappointed that my daughter just told me that the chair had cracked on the seat portion near the left leg. I didn't expect this to happen and would have expected that this set would have lasted at least 2-3 years. I would not recommend this to any other person. I am guessing that is was a manufacturing defect, so would not buy this product again.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color matched fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. chair cracked on the seat and is not usable now
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? description
I love this set! I have a new flagstone patio, and this is exactly what I hoped to find. Nobody mentions that the seat is contoured. A nice surprise and very comfortable for an outdoor set. All three pieces are lightweight and easy to move around. I'm 72, so I did not want to have a large table to move around. When I have a garden party next spring I will put a table-round over the table to expand it for additional seating.
Love this small bistro set for my deck. I did spray polyurethane to protect it after assembly, and I often use a cushion on the chair seat for more comfortable relaxing, but a great bargain and much less than similar products at major stores.
We bought this set for a screened in porch. The smaller dimensions of this table and chairs provides seating while also allowing for good traffic flow. We had a bit of an issue putting together one of the chairs as the posts on the chair back did not align with the holes on the seat bottom. My husband was able to widen the holes to get them aligned. He also suggests using your own tools rathe than the ones provided. Now we can have breakfast on the porch in the AM and a place to sit and ponder nature at night. I agree with one reviewer that the chairs are not overly comfortable but they serve the purpose and look great.