I searched extensively online and in local stores to find attractive urn-shaped planters to hold flowering plants in summer and holiday greens in winter. Thought I had found the perfect fit in these planters, so ordered two in April. Although the description says they are made of quartz stone, they actually have a cement-like finish. Perhaps there is ground up quartz in the mix. They looked beautiful when planted with my summer flowers. However, it is now Jan. 1 and the cement-like finish on the base is cracking off. Very disappointing that they did not even last a single year! There was no literature with the planters indicating they were not winter hardy. I have purchased similarly constructed urns for half the price at a local discount store and they lasted a few years. Overstock tells me this product is beyond their 30-day warranty and no one else appears to have had this problem with the product. However, they have issued a small partial credit that I will have to use on another purchase. Regrettably, I am returning to the hunt for durable planters.
Totally satisfied and can't wait to fill these beautiful urns with some vibrant plantings
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? no match, but the description had pointed that out very clearly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? right on
I was initially attracted to these planters based on the embedded design, which I love! Although the picture shows more of a cement-like color (which I was hoping for), in reality they are white. Aside from that, I think they will look beautiful once filled with flowers and greenery. Well-packaged, quick shipping, perfect size and terrific price (got them on sale). Can't wait to fill them up and place them pool-side for added color and aesthetics. I don't think anyone would be disappointed with these!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Much lighter, as I had noted from other reviewers.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality, not too light nor too heavy.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good, aside from the color shown in photo.
The size can hold a 5 ft plant. I liked the fact that there is a drainage hole. It arrived with a chip, so i just turned the chip to the back. It looks really pretty next to my front door. I like the light color of the urn. It looks really elegant w colorful flowers.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good. Its a light color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
After a lengthy home gardening center and internet search to find just the right planters for my front entry, I found these Moroccan antique white urns that fit the bill to a "T". They are solid, on a pedestal that isn't too high (I've actually seen my neighbor's 26" high pedestal urns tip over in a storm with 80 MPH wind gusts), were priced very reasonably, and, quite importantly -- they come with a drain hole plug so NO HOLE NEEDS TO BE DRILLED. Now that I have my "thriller, spiller and filler" plantings of Purple Starlight Mix Asters, New Day Yellow Gazania, Setcreasea Pallida Purple Heart Perfection Mix Asters. and Ipomoea Tricolor Sweet PotatoVine, the containers are stunning at my entryway and have elicited envious comments from friends and neighbors. MY ONLY REGRET IS THAT I CAN'T POST A COLOR PHOTO HERE FOR YOU TO SEE JUST EXACTLY HOW BEAUTIFUL THEY LOOK IN USE!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? EVEN BETTER IN PERSON
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. STURDY, HEAVY, WELL MADE, VERY IMPRESSIVE
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? VERY ACCURATE
We now have three of these in front of ourlarge garage. This summer, we filled them with mandevilla and enjoyed the lush and elegant appearance of that combination (urn and flowers) all season. With autumn temps upon us, snow can't be far away, so we just picked these up and moved them into the garden shed for the winter. Not heavy, which is critical for us, as we're both disabled. We've also left them out through a winter, filled with greens and berries, and they've been no worse for that. An excellent buy!
Attractive planters, but I too, was disappointed when they arrived. I was hoping that they would be the color that was shown on the screen. The antique white doesn't do much when standing against our beige stucco walls here in AZ and the concrete patio. I may go ahead and stain them a different color . I planted bouganvilla in each planter and they are doing quite well in them. BB in AZ
I'm very happy with this. Great value. Happy there is a plug in the bottom, which I opted to leave out so the planter can drain as needed. I put a plant on this, put it out, and I'm really happy!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? lighter than picture, still great