I purchased (4) of these shades, (2) for one room, (2) for another. The issue is that the horizontal lines in the material pattern did not align for any of them. My (2) windows in both rooms are within one framed opening, so the shades are directly next to each other upon install. The horizontal lines in the pattern absolutely need to align. I was able to staple the fabric up 1/2" on one blind so (2) shade patterns would align, but the other (2) were so misaligned that I had no choice to return. I am continuing my search for suitable blinds in the other room. I wish I could order more to get (2) that aligned well enough, but it could be a arduous task! I would need to discuss with customer service to see if they are willing to work with me on this....
My loft bedroom is extremely bright and I needed a blind solution that blocked out some of the harsh street lights and morning light. I wasn't sure if these would work or would look as good as they do in the picture, but they are FAB. They were extremely easy to put up and I hate DIY. I was worried that they might be too shear but they work perfectly for the amount of light that I want to block. They look GORGEOUS and have totally transformed my room into a very asian inspired, serene retreat. They look very modern and Japanese. Would highly recommend to anyone. Overstock was also great with the shipping. I don't plan on opening the blinds too much so I can't give an opinion on long term quality, but for an inexpensive and chic solution, I'm so happy with my purchase and would recommend to anyone.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. They are brand new but for the price, seems fair. They LOOK fantastic.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? 100%
Bought eight (8) of the Kyoto, and four (4) of the Serenity Rice Paper blinds, variety of sizes. Rings on back of shade, which the cords run through, started to break after about a year and 1/2. They aren't raised/lowered daily, nor do they receive abuse. No children in home, so carefully raised and lowered. Rings are plastic. Bought for affordable price . . . lots of windows, and all are 72". Now, I will be replacing them with what I should have bought in the first place. "Pay me now, or pay me later", right?
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Closely
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
Going by the photos of these shades, I expected them to be more transparent and of a lighter weight material, similar to a shoji shade affect. Instead, they are heavy and coarse and make my room too dark, not a light, natural, airy feeling like I was expecting and saw in the photos. Oh well, it's way too much work to take them down, repackage them and ship them back to Overstock. I'm making the best out of a very disappointing product.
Glad I made the purchase. Was easy to install and looks great in my laundry room.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very well made
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
Loved the fabric and the quality of these blinds Highly recommend them to anyone with high expectations
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. high quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good