We have now bought THREE of these beds for our TWO kids (3 & 7) who are not hard on things, but now 9 of 9 drawers have BROKEN. They were great when we first bought them, but the pressboard construction has now failed on ALL of the drawers. If you are buying this for children, find another bed.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. horrible!
I searched and searched for a bed that fit my small spare room AND my small budget- this fits the bill on both counts. Once together, it looks sharp and my three year old loves it! Now for the side notes: this ships in two VERY heavy boxes and there are a million and one pieces. The estimated assembly time on the directions is fantasy. If you do not have a speed drill- get one...I cannot even imagine how much longer it would have taken doing the screws by hand cranking. Pay very careful attention to how the slide rails for the drawers go in and DO NOT overtighten the back panels on the drawers or you will crack the faux wood. I am embarrassed to say this took me a day and a half to assemble- but it is a solid unit and should hold up well...oh, the reviews that said the drawers don't close tightly are correct. They do open and close nicely but don't exactly sit flush with the frame when closed all the way. But you get what you pay for right?I just ordered the matching nightstand- so I'll keep you posted. Sweet dreams. TR
I purchased this bed for my daughter's college apartment. The veneer chips easily and the frame is somewhat flimsy but for the money, it serves a purpose and the drawers are relatively ample compared to other beds that I looked at for more money. I'm happy that we found it.
Looks exactly as advertised. This bed is easy to assemble. The directions are very detailed on how to put things together. There are even links to videos on their site on how things work. That might be a plus for some people who have never assembled anything. There were no missing or damaged pieces and it arrived when they said it would.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very well constructed
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? just as advertised
Bed parts received in good condition, very heavy package. Easy to put together although instructions were a bit confusing at first and I made the mistake of putting the headboard where the footboard was to go. Drawers were easy to make but the bottoms were cardboard and not very sturdy for putting things in under the bed. Nice bed for small child.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality of head and foot board and slates good. Drawer bottoms were cardboard. Not good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description ok.
Bought this for our 3 1/2 year old granddaughter - as her first grownup bed. It needed to coordinate with a chest of drawers and the color was a perfect match. This bed is nice looking, well made and the price was better than any of the local stores. It does have to be assembled.(It took my son about 1-1/2 hrs to put together)...but the finished product was well worth the effort. And most important of all .... Our little princess LOVES her new platform bed!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is acurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Well Made
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? This bed is exactly as described
I bought two beds. We wanted a low bed that would fit under a large window and have some storage. The beds arrived promptly and in good condition (one small nick but in an area that can go against the wall. They were fairly easy to assemble (even for a grandma) The final step took some doing and Grampa had to assist . They are very sturdy and the drawers slide nicely. The color is nice and rich. I would be concerned if they were for young children who bang toys etc on the end pieces as those pieces are lamenated and I think will chip easily. All in all I am very pleased with the beds, the price and the service.
This was bought for my 15 year old son. He assembled it by himself without any problems. The drawers are not as flimsy as other reviews stated. The bottoms of them are made of thin wood, but they did not break when being built and work just fine. The drawers are roomier then other reviews led me to believe also. I went by the dimensions given. Once assembled, it looks very nice. I am glad I bought it for him.
This bed looks nice and is sturdy. Not all of the holes match up while assembling, but were close enough so I didn't have to redrill holes. The wood for the sides of the drawer could have been a little sturdier. If you try to tighten the screws to the degree the diretions say, you will break away some of the wood. The directions were easy to follow and I put it together in less than 2 hours. This is my son's first big-boy bed and with the matress on the slates, it is low enough for him to climb in himself. I drilled my own holes and added handles to the fronts with ease.
I was initially going to give this bed a terrible rating as it immediately broke once it was put together. However overstock immediately sent replacement parts and it was clear that the original parts we were sent had the holes drilled in the wrong places. Now we have reassembled the bed with the new parts it looks great. Can't beat the price. It is for my teenage son and he loves it. I would only use it as a kids bed.
Assembly went smoothly with the only problem being the alignment of the the JCB [long Allen] bolts with their pre-installed JRN nuts prior to tightening. Unless aligned properly there's a danger of not threading or cross threading Alignment solved by inserting a Phillip's head driver and wriggling before inserting the bolt..... When assembled, provides a sturdy platform and an acceptable piece of furniture.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very well
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. For the price, well engineered with quality materials.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pretty good!
I really like how this bed came together. I was intimidated to put this bed together by myself but I did about an hour and a half at a time for three days and got it done without too much difficulty. I couldn't get a couple of the bigger screws in due to misalignment of holes but I don't think it is going to prove to be a problem. The drawers are nice and smooth and will be good for storage. The color looks good and it appears to be good quality!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality, the slats for the bed were not sanded and seem pretty rough.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I am pleased with this item. It provides me with storage as well as a bed.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. easy to put together and sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? great
I would recommend this bed to anyone looking for a comfortable bed for a child or adult. It is very comfortable. I purchased this bed for my nine year old son and he absolutely loves it. The drawers are perfect for clothing or an extra set of sheets. We are very happy with our purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color of the bed is exactly the same as the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality of this bed is excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? the site described the bed perfectly
The bed structure is good; solid and confortable. Very noce color and the assembly was simple. It took a little less that the estimated time. The onnly thing I would had like is that it would have 'entry' from the opposite side of the drawers.... maybe to slide in under that side if the bad the 'chanclas'. Very happy with the it over all
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was right on... very nice
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality, solid and firm. Nice color
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The accuracy of the product was very close to doc's
The bed arrived promptly and in excellent condition. This wouldn't be a bed to have people jumping up and down on because I don't think it would last. Assembly was easy as the instructions were very clear.The drawers aren't heavy duty, but under normal circumstances they should be OK.For the price it will fit my needs nicely.