it took about 6hrs for 1 person to put it together and maybe that maybe be the problem but its not sturdy. even though the screws are as tight as i could get them..its very wobbly but i wouldn't buy another one..because it seems like it wont last long..
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? it was almost the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. poor
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? it was accurate
I am fortunate to be dating a guy who is skilled in carpentry. Together he and my brother and I got it put together in about two hours. I hate to think how long it would have taken without him. He brought a hammer and a power drill that made all the difference in the world since there are about 47,836 screws. In conclusion, for assembly you will need the following: 1. A carpenter. 2. A hammer. 3. A power drill. 4. At least two hours. I wish you the best of luck.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Slightly darker. I was expecting that because one of the other reviews mentioned it. The real color is prettier than the picture.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I am pleased with the overall quality of the bed. One of the pieces was slightly broken but we were able to use it anyway. I suppose we could have returned it but I didn't want the bother.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate. The reviews are even more accurate. I always read as many reviews as I can before I buy anything online.
(I wrote a very detailed review and Overstock erased everything I had written when I submitted, so a very quick review only.) This is the cheapest-quality piece of furniture I have ever owned, with 4 out of 6 drawers no longer closing properly after only a few months of use. The screws don't fit properly and break the chipboard which makes the drawer bottoms bend down so that it is virtually impossible to close the drawers. Invest in something of better quality because you will have to replace this one shortly.
I bought 4 of these beds! First off, the instructions are a bit complicated. I'm estimating that it took about 5 hours to assemble the first bed and about 2-3 hours to complete the last 3. Secondly the material is only pressed partical board CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP!!!!! I am very disappointed, at $*** I was expecting better quality One of the middle bracers broke, so I had to reorder that part, also the finish scratches VERY easily. Finally and most aggravating the drawers wont last! The only thing holding them together are 4 nails and a plastic screw thing. I had to improvise and buy 40$ worth of material (3/8 inch plywood and wood glue) to assure they would hold up. Not to mention the time it took. Over all this products SUCKS!!!!
It took a couple of days to put together. the instructions are clear and supplies fin but it is a lot to build,especially with 6 drawers. It is quite tall when done, you have to hop up onto the bed once the mattress is in place. At first i wondered if the construction was solid enough but now that it is all put together it does seems enough- even for my teenager. The finish is more easily scratched that I would like, the area where the drawers is beginning to show a bit of wear and we have had it 6 months. Not sure what to apply to protect the surface.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the actual bed is a warmer tone of red
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good for a laminate.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
This product is horrible !! So much time to put it together! A lot of damaged parts- I an on my third order of parts - still waiting for the parts to arrive so I can finally finish this damn bed! Customer Service is not willing to do anything to compensate- they only said I can return it- but at this point that would be more trouble. This product is cheap cheap cheap! I hope it doesnt fall apart on me in a few months. Wish I had listened to the other negative review now. It is so difficult to fit the screws into the holes- not made properly at all ! I only bought this because I needed a bed with drawers to save space in our apartment for our sons room. Dont buy it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? not exactly cherry- a lot lighter then I expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very poor quality- cheap ply wood- cheap drawer bottoms and the wooden pieces are very light- not sturdy at all
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not very accurate- not accurate height measurements-
I bought these two captain's beds in May, it is now November. The beds went together. Most of it I did alone, a few things I got help with. The slats for under the bed were probably the most frustrating part. But everything ended up coming together on both beds. One of the drawers hangs out about 1/8 of an inch on one corner, so I probably set the rollers back an extra hole on that part. But I'm going to leave it for the mean time. My little ones have disobeyed me and jumped on their beds, without breaking them. My 50lb girl stepped on the front of the draw (not inside) without breaking it off. I lay on the beds at night with them for stories about 185lbs , About 270 total lbs with my little ones. They have jumped on me while I've been laying on the beds. I'd say these will hold up pretty well. One Con is that I would have liked for an option to purchase 6 more drawers for the other side of the bed rather then just having the six on one side. I could then have a drawer for each of their different styles of shirts, pant, short, dresses, skirts, skorts, pajamas, undies, socks, sport clothes.. you get the idea. Particle board.. but both of ours came out awesome. There was one nick on one of the panels that are meant to face a wall. It was covered up with the edges it slides into. If there were 6 more drawers I wouldn't even need that panel.
This bed was very easy to assemble. It was missing a few screws and bolts. We called the company and hopefully will receive them soon. Also, there was a chip in the headboard that exposes the fiberboard, but rather than try to ship it back we kept it since that piece was going in a corner anyway. The box it arrived in was in terrible condition, as usual when shipping UPS.Otherwise, we like the bed. The drawers are a good size. Keep in mind that this bed is tall! If you are buying it for a small child you msy want to get a bed rail if you are concerned about falling out of bed. It's a good 3+ feet off the floor with just the mattress on top.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Actual color is slightly lighter
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
We ordered two of these beds for our twins. They were easy to assemble and arrived in a very timely fashion. The drawers are roomy and easy to pull in and out. We love the height of the beds. We are very pleased with the purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color blended very well with the cherry furniture that we had.
Great quality bed with a million parts, plan on 2 evenings to put it all together BUT WELL WORTH THE EFFORT! My son loves it and there is dead space behind the drawers that I use to store winter blankets, sheets, coats, etc.... Amazing how much you can get in this space. It is rather high off the ground... so a little guy or gal would probably need a bedrail. Shipping took a full week and was sent by UPS. Parts are not wrapped in plastic, so rain would have made a mess, thankfully we got home about 10minutes before the storm hit and what a storm it was.