Please save your money and buy something else. This chest is made from particle board with some type of sticker to give the wood look. Several of the pieces the sticker was coming of and scratched so you can see the particle board underneath. I am going to buy fabric to cover the top to hide all the scrathes and the pelling of the wood sticker. My husband is very handy, with a power drill and a nail gun, it took him about 10 hours to put it together. The instructions are very vague. None of the pieces are labeled and the pictures are just outlines, so you almost have to guess what to use. If it wasn't so expensive to ship I would definitely return this. It was going to cost about $60 to return it. Please save your money, time and frustration and buy something else. You can get something better for less money at the junk store.
This chest was difficult to put together... took two people 3 hours. The finish is paper veneer... the process of putting it together knocked some of the edges off. I should have just gone to a local store and gotten a small piece of "real" furniture. This will not survive one move.
Finish on the chest is a very thin veneer. Drawers pull out unevenly, as if they had a track on only one side. I planned to use this in my kitchen for linens. It is currently hidden from view in a guest bedroom closet.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? About right
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Cheaply made from cheap materials
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Obviously not very accurate
This product was a good buy for a cheap price. It's not solid as the more expensive ones, but its not cardboard either. you get what you pay for and this is a good, not great, product. The directions are a little broad but they are straight forward if you read them right. It will last as long as you take care of it. if you need something for a low price then this is something to look into.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Spot on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great color, good materials not great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? great
The quality of the Lingerie Chest was excellent. It match my furniture perfect.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent
looks great, went together easily, evern though there are a lot of parts, took about 2 hours
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality, easy assembly
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
The drawers get stuck because of very poor quality, and the entire dresser is Cheaply made.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Poor
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? No
I had to wait a while to review. I didn't realize the assembly was quite so involved. It has more to do with my own ineptness with such things. It only requires a screwdriver and a hammer pretty much. Once my handyman friend came, it took an afternoon. I think for the price, it is a very nice piece.
Well, when I ordered this Chest, I was in India and just returned on July 19th to find out 1 of 2 boxes was missing and, it's made of press wood (CHEAP). SInce I received it 4 months before I returned home, now I'm stuck with a chest I cannot complete. If I had known I needed to build it, I would not had purchased it. Is it worth the cost, NO!!!!!!!!!
This chest fit the small area I had available. The precision manufacturing and instructions made assembly easy. The outside finish looks good; the materials are sturdy and the drawer glides run smoothly. Ordering was easy; delivery quick. Extremely satisfied customer.
Chest took my husband the better part of a day to assemble which was a bit disapointing. Chest looks good in our bedroom but is not made with super high quality materials. Bottom of drawers is made from a thin MDF type material but overall a good product for the price. Just don't plan on over stuffing the drawers.
When I saw this product online, I thought it looked lovely and was priced fairly. Then I received it in the mail. It took me over 6 hours to assemble...the instructions were very difficult to understand. The paper that covers the particle board is already coming off at the corners. I'm very unhappy with my purchase and should have read the reviews first! I could have bought an all wood chest for the same price! I wouldn't reccommend it to anyone.